I get lot of dreams.

Sameera_Khanam

:salam2:

Hope everybody is in good state of Iman and health.
Recently, I have been seeing so many dreams. These dreams are some what scary.. (not related to shaitan, jinns, etc,, but I see many of my family memebrs is in dangerous situations or in dead position)
I am getting this type of dreams even in day time when I take a nap..
How to avoid this type of dreams to come in my sleep? Is there any way.
JazakAllah khair.
sister,
sameera.

yameenahmed

walikum salam i think u must sleep as per the rules and regulations of prophet [pbuh]such as cleaning the place three times, doing wudu,applying surma to eyes,and by reciting the 5 kalimas and four surahs and any thing more[i dont know]

amirah80

*Fear Allah*

Salam Aalikum

You should recite Ayatal Kursi like someone else mentioned. I listed the Ayah below

Bismillahir-Rahmanir-Raheem

Allahu la ilaha illa Huwa, Al-Haiyul-Qaiyum
La ta'khudhuhu sinatun wa la nawm,
lahu ma fis-samawati wa ma fil-'ard
Man dhal-ladhi yashfa'u 'indahu illa bi-idhnihi
Ya'lamu ma baina aidihim wa ma khalfahum,
wa la yuhituna bi shai'im-min 'ilmihi illa bima sha'a
Wasi'a kursiyuhus-samawati wal ard,
wa la ya'uduhu hifdhuhuma Wa Huwal 'Aliyul-Adheem

In the Name of Allâh, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful.

"Allah! There is no god but He - the Living, The Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him Nor Sleep. His are all things In the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede In His presence except As he permitteth? He knoweth What (appeareth to His creatures As) Before or After or Behind them. Nor shall they compass Aught of his knowledge Except as He willeth. His throne doth extend Over the heavens And on earth, and He feeleth No fatigue in guarding And preserving them, For He is the Most High. The Supreme (in glory)."
(This Verse 2:255 is called Ayat al-Kursi)

Some things that you can do after having the bad dream which are:

1. spitting (a dry spit) over the left shoulder 3 times.
2. Get up and pray 2 rak'ahs.
3. Change the side that you were previously sleeping on when you had the bad dream.
4. do not repeat the bad dream.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39197&highlight=dreams

Wasalam Amirah80

Sameera_Khanam

JazakAllahu khairan for your replies. Very useful.
Insha Allah, I will follow them from tonight and see the effect insha allah.

tnvrsheefa

Aslamu aalekum sister. it is very scaring to see such a dreams. i wold like to sugeest you to Recite 4 Kul i.e Sureh Kaferun, Sureh Ikhlas, Sureh Falak & Sureh Naas 3 time each. then Recite Darood Sharif 10 Time, Istagfar once and at the end 4 times Aaytulkursi when u go to bed. Inshallah ur problem will be solved. along with this keep countinuly recite Kalima-E-Tamjid(3rd Kalima) till u sleep deeply. Jazakallah khair :tti_sister:

nasiruyola

in addition to what has been said by the respected bros and sis.

Pls note sister that the holy prophet (S.A.W) has in the book of dream in sahih albukhari link below that nothing will happen to you pls read the hadith below and check the link.

http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/087.sbt.html

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 124:
Narrated Abu Qatada:

The Prophet said, "A good dream is from Allah, and a bad dream is from Satan. So whoever has seen (in a dream) something he dislike, then he should spit without saliva, thrice on his left and seek refuge with Allah from Satan, for it will not harm him, and Satan cannot appear in my shape."

in another hadith in which the famous ibn sirin explained what this hadith means read below:

Volume 9, Book 87, Number 144:
Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "When the Day of Resurrection approaches, the dreams of a believer will hardly fail to come true, and a dream of a believer is one of forty-six parts of prophetism, and whatever belongs to prothetism can never be false." Muhammad bin Sirin said, "But I say this." He said, "It used to be said, 'There are three types of dreams: The reflection of one's thoughts and experiences one has during wakefulness, what is suggested by Satan to frighten the dreamer, or glad tidings from Allah. So, if someone has a dream which he dislikes, he should not tell it to others, but get up and offer a prayer." He added, "He (Abu Huraira) hated to see a Ghul (i.e., iron collar around his neck in a dream) and people liked to see fetters (on their feet in a dream). The fetters on the feet symbolizes one's constant and firm adherence to religion." And Abu 'Abdullah said, "Ghuls (iron collars) are used only for necks."

in a nutshel sister, trust in ALLAH, follow the teachings of the holy prophet as mentioned in the hadith below and please check the link for more details. nothing will happen to you as the prophet (S.A.W) has said is from satan and thus will not harm you as in the hadith above:

Narrated Al-Bara bin 'Azib:

Allah's Apostle said to me, "When you want to go to bed, perform ablution as you do for prayer, then lie down on your right side and say: 'Allahumma aslamtu wajhi ilaika, wa fauwadtu Amri ilaika wa aljatu zahri ilaika, raghbatan wa rahbatan ilaika, lamalja'a wa la manja mink a ill a ilaika. Amantu bikitabi kalladhi anzalta wa bi nabiyyikal-ladhi arsalta'. If you should die then (after reciting this) you will die on the religion of Islam (i.e., as a Muslim); so let these words be the last you say (before going to bed)" While I was memorizing it, I said, "Wa birasiulikal-ladhi arsalta (in Your Apostle whom You have sent).' The Prophet said, "No, but say: Wa binabiyyi-kalladhi arsalta (in Your Prophet whom You have sent)."
pls check the link below for more details
;
http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/075.sbt.html
ma'assalam