i have a doubt

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
:salam2: brothers and sisters...

well, I was wondering what is the latest time that I am able to offer my Isha prayer. I'm confused because there's 2 opinions, some people say you can read Isha till half the night and others say you can read Isha till the time of Fajar arrives.
i really have this doubt..it is not yet cleared....
i hope some one can help..
jasakallah khair...

bangtorr

if u will like to pray late then pray late because that is what i heard(isha should be prayed late) but just do not pray too late like when there is half and hour or 1 hour left before fajr or sun shows little bit, then it will be kuzah or mukrooh. if u gana pray taraweeh then pray like 3 hours before fajr..who knows if u are half of taraweeh and need to do ghusl or the taraweeh rakats need to be repeated (u will run out of time or something in this case)
after isha and/or taraweeh, try to go straight to sleep or tasbeeh because many schollars say dont do anything after isha BESIDES tasbeeh, more rakats, or sleeping..

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
It's time is until "midnight" which is interpreted as half the night. Um.. I'm not completely sure, but you calculate based on the mid point of the night, and until that time, you can pray. So if say, isha is at 7pm. And the fajr starts at 5:00am. That's 10 hours. Half of it would be 5 hours. So from 7pm + 5 hours = 12am. The time would be till then.

It's something like that. Someone better than me can clarify whether I'm correct or not.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
:salam2: brothers and sisters...

well, I was wondering what is the latest time that I am able to offer my Isha prayer. I'm confused because there's 2 opinions, some people say you can read Isha till half the night and others say you can read Isha till the time of Fajar arrives.
i really have this doubt..it is not yet cleared....
i hope some one can help..
jasakallah khair...

Salams Sister, here is a fatwa by al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz from the Q and A isalm site.

Timing of ‘Isha prayerThis question is in reference to the timings of Isha Salat. There are various opinions regarding, when the time for offering Isha prayer expires. Some say that one can pray Isha till the Fajr Azaan is called, while others say that it expires at the time of "Tahajjud prayers". And finally some believe, that we are supposed to take the number of hours between Isha Azaan and the Fajr Azaan, and divide them into half, in order to estimate the last time for Isha prayer.
I know that prayers should be offered promptly and on time. Delaying a prayer without reason is not encouraged, but still it would be very beneficial to know the exact opinion on this issue.
Praise be to Allaah.

‘Isha prayer must be performed before midnight, and it is not permissible to delay it until midnight, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The time of ‘Isha’ is until midnight” (narrated by Muslim, al-Masaajid wa Mawaadi’ al-Salaah, 964). So you have to pray it before midnight, based on the length of the night, because the night may be longer or shorter, so the guideline is how many hours the night lasts. If the night is ten hours long, then it is not permissible to delay it until the end of the fifth hour. The best way it to pray it in the first third of the night. If a person prays it at the beginning of the time for ‘Isha, that is OK, but if he delays it a little while, that is preferable, because the Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recommend delaying ‘Isha’ prayer for a little while. But if someone prays it at the beginning of its time, after the twilight – the reddish afterglow along the horizon – has vanished, there is nothing wrong with that. And Allaah knows best.

Majmoo’ah Fataawa al-Shaykh ‘Abd al-‘Azeez ibn Baaz, 10/386