i have a problem

Abdul25

Logical Believer
asslam o alaikum,

i am a born Muslim from Pakistan, now in Germany, my problem is that, 2 yrs back i didn't practice Islam fully, but with grace of Allah and with help of one of my friends i became close to Islam during my job in Pakistan, i had many bad habits, which with time i have abandoned but one thing, that i cant get rid of , is music, i have been very fond of English and Pakistani music since my childhood , i try myself hard enough to leave it but cant help listening to music. i read quran every day and i am a care taker of a little masjid in Germany also, it is with the grace of Allah that i came close to Islam and knew the true meaning of it. but i cant get rid of music. i want to abandon this habit as it is haram but i am helpless. plz suggest some remedies to my problem

may Allah guide us all to the right path.

weakslave

:wasalam:

You have a long term goal, which is excellent. Not everyone can walk away on the spot from worldly pleasures, we would all be prophets if we could do that :)

I would say do the endurance test, great for getting rid of any addiction. Leave it for a day. Then 3 days. Then one week. Then one month. Then, forever :)

If you find yourself thinking about music a lot, its probably because you have it nearby. Sell your ipod/mp3 player, stop charging it, take out your anger on it. Delete it from your PC even if you know you will just download it again. Shaytaan is tricky, but you can play games with him too.

If you find yourself liking music a lot, find a reason to hate it like you should. Think of music you don't like, remind yourself of all the evil it causes in this world, who the corrupt people producing it are, how they make a living out of it, how you don't need it in your life, how you cannot think clearly if you are thinking about music.

And make lots of duaa. InshaAllaah Allaah subhanahu wa talaa will rid you of it and every evil thing, and replace it for you with something one hundred times better.

arzafar

delete all your songs.
burn all your cds/dvds.
format your hard drive.
it will be difficult for a few days but youll make it.
try it :SMILY346:

MutlekM

:salam2:
Wow bro same problem I cant stop listenning to Yemeni poetry that is made to a song.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaikum warahmauAllaah wabarakatuh brother,

welcome to TTI and I hope you enjoy your stay here inshaAllaah.

well, I have been in your shoes long while alhamduliAllaah I am proud to say.....that was my past "jahiliyah" life:D

how did I get rid of Music???
well, I thought just like you're saying that I cannot do it......until one day, I sat in the computer, and plugged in my Mp3 and hit DELETE.....thinking "ya Allaah I have lived so long disobeying you, I have nothing to show you if I were to die NOW..but atleast on the day of Qiyama I can tell you, I have done this to please you" and subhanAllaah! I have watched OVER 100 songs been deleted, and I REGRET none! wal-hamduli Allaah!
You too can do it.....now make the Quran your only thing! listen to it 24/7! and read it even when you dont have the Kitaab with you....like you know how sometimes we just see ourselves singin that one song we like though we're not listening?? well, do that with the QUran....and I bet your life will change for the better!! and you'll give up many other things! including TV! subhanaAllaah.
All praise be to Allaah, trust Allaah akhi, and you shall be at ease! inshaAllaah

wasalaamu alaikum warahmatuAllaah wabarakatuh

rightpath_357

Congrats for coming to your senses!:lol:
Just kidding bro- well, the most important thing is to take teeny-weeny baby steps. Or else you'll over-do it, then go straight back to it.

1st day (or week) : Listen to only songs with good lyrics, and music

2ncd day (or week) : Listen to songs with good lyrics, and only a certain type of insturment (drums)

3rd day( or week): Listen to songs with no music, and good lyrics, which are probably nasheeds.:D

But if you know you can stop right away, go ahead. The purpose or baby steps is to not overdo it so quickly and go back, but don't take too small steps either, because that will also just pull you back in.:D
My fave nasheeds are "Mountains of Makkah" and "Don't talk to me about Muhammad(pbuh)"

Just some suggestions
Good luck:D
Salam!!!!!:)

m.azza

I would say do the endurance test, great for getting rid of any addiction.

Could not agree more. How long can you endure it is the question. I can tell you from my personal experience that for getting rid of any addiction you'd need an honest intention and lots and lots of dua.

Remember when you quit something for Allah, Shaitaan will try to trick you into it all the time. You might even fall for his tricks. But never get disappointed. You might fall hundred times but never ever give up on Allah. Make niyyah again, ask for forgiveness again and try again till you actually succeed.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
Jazakallah khair sis! Love them both, but the second one especially is astounding. We should all be like that, ameen :) *won't say more because of spoilers*

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

1. you need to make dua to Allah to give you self-control brother.

2. think about Allah's blessing of being a caretaker of masjid.

3. think that good deeds can decrease due to listening to music. then wht will happen in grave, day of judgment?

4. try to leave for 2-3 weeks....see that inshallah u will not feel listening to it with same passion.

there's also a story that a young muslim used to listen songs...while he was dying he could not say *shahada* but only song's lyrics. may Allah save us frm bad death. Ameen