I have been spiritually wounded

HeartBroken

I have been trying to work threw some issues I have been having.
I dont believe Jesus was God. And I didnt think it was a big deal.
Well apparently it is to my catholic "family". I am so deeply hurt and saddened by the way I have been treated on a forum I refuse to ever post their again.
I have no where to go.
I have been looking into Islam on and off. I am a little knowledge able about it. I'm not a scholar but I know the basics.

I GUESS i JUST FEEL WOUNDED AND WANT TO CRY.

It is a horrible feeling to be turned away.
I won’t post a link but I will post the post.

I have been searching for 16 years and have always come up dry in what I was looking for in faith. I dont know why I am writing this as no one may care.
I just feel like my heart is wounded and want to cry!

the poster:

Originally Posted by Psalter
Woah, CHILL OUT NeedsFaith! Planten is a heretic even by Muslim standards, since he practices the Ahmadiyya sect of Islam...mainstream Muslims do not recognize Ahmadiyya as Muslims.

Just out of curiosity, why did the "ignorant" priest tell you you were not a true Catholic? I noticed from one of your other posts that you don't believe Jesus is God--one of the most fundamental teachings of the Catholic Christian religion. If you don't accept every point of Catholic doctrine, you aren't a Catholic! Who are you to say you are!? You sound like a first class moron, NeedsFaith...how old are you anyway? I don't play football, so I don't say I'm a football player--and if I did, I wouldn't say "How DARE you say I'm not a football player just because I don't play football?" The same principle applies to someone who claims to be Catholic but isn't really Catholic.

The priest was correct, NeedsFaith; it is you who are the ignoramus. After reading some of your posts, I wish I could reach through the screen and choke you. Ugh!
ME:
Breaking CAF rules!

Not very christian of you!
Should'nt the WWJD apply here?

Perhaps the attacks I get here will deter me away from the catholic church for good. When you stand before Jesus what will you say to him when he brings this post and what you felt at that time before you? You pushing people away from the church?
May God have more mercy on your souls; than you have given me!
As tears roll threw my heart ; I will not post again .

I am deeply hurt and offended

Imad

Thank you very much,

I ask Allah to open your heart to islam and insha Allah you will submit to your Lord and the Lord of Jesus peace be upon him. If you submit yourself to Allah you will be the real follower of Jesus. Because Jesus never said I'am God. He said clearly: " Worship God"
If you really want to follow jesus follow his brother our prophet muhammad peace be upon all the prophets. They are messengers from Our Lord, Allah all praise is due to Him.

He has send prophet jesus and prophet mohammad peace be upon all the prophets to teach the people the truth. They said clearly to the people: " Worship Allah"

How can jesus be a God and also a son of God? How can God be the son and also the father? How can three be in One?

I 'am sincer to you. And i hope the brothers and sisters in this forum will be nice to you.

If you have anything to say and also if you have any question don't hesitate to respond. Also if you have any critique on what i have posted, please don't hesitate to respond

I have a question: What's your name?

Thank you and take care,

Imad ( this is my real name)

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam (peace)

Its bad what the member of that forum said, if someone said that to me about being Muslim I would also be hurt.

Welcome to TTI - hope you enjoy your stay here and find this forum educational in learning about Islam. Insh'Allah (God willing) you dont get that experience here or on any other forum.

May Allah (God) bless you and guide you to the straight path.

Peace.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
hello their

:girl3::girl3::girl3:

well i hope that you wound gets healed soon god willing. few things for me to say to you. i'm glad that you have joined this site so they are good people and they are the most. it is a good place to learn about islam and the truth about islam. i hope that you don't offend anyone and no onw offends you. there is always a good way to communicate with people and i think that you have the way to communicate with people. good luck!.....:):):):)

peace

soeurette

Don't cry, unfortunately people are always going to be like that, I think they feel that if you reject part of their faith you are somehow rejecting them, or who ever that person is could just be plain mean and should probably take a look at the teachings of Isa (Jesus A.S.) a little closer. Well I hope you are able to find the answers you are looking for in Islam, I always tell people look to the religion not the people, it is a beautiful religion and way of life. Good luck with your searches and don't be afraid to ask questions ^_^

muthmainnah

Don't be sad, indeed what is you believe is right, Jesus is not God or the Son of God. He is the messenger of God bringing the same message as what the other prophets brought to us. Noah, Moses, Abraham, Isaac, Ismael, Jesus and Muhammad salallahu alaihi wassalam all of them brought the same message from God which was: Worship Allah (GOD), He is One and Only, there is no God worthy of worship except him.

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful

Say: He is Allah, the One! Allah, the eternally Besought of all! He begetteth not nor was begotten. And there is none comparable unto Him.
(Qur'an: Al Ikhlas 1-4)

Studying Islam, you will find the truth in it.
May Allah show you to the straight path

msaeed

Dear Heartbroken,

Please dont cry!!! I care and the brothers and sisters on this site care....Id say a lot of people in general care and are loving towards others...You say you have been searching for the past 16 years SubhanAllaah!! How old are you? If you are a sister, please feel free to PM me anytime InshAllaah. (If God wills)

Let me share a few beautiful and deep words with you that always soothe my soul when I am in pain. Please do take the time to read them with an open and sincere heart!

1. And when My slaves ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning Me, then (answer them), I am indeed near (to them by My Knowledge). I respond to the invocations of the supplicant when he calls on Me (without any mediator or intercessor). So let them obey Me and believe in Me, so that they may be led aright. (Quran 2: 186)

2. Narrated from Abu Hurayra by Bukhari and Muslim, that the Prophet, peace be upon him said that Allaah Subhanwataala said:
"I am as My servant thinks of Me, and I am with him when he remembers Me. If he mentions Me in Himself I mention him in Myself. If he mentions Me in a gathering, I mention him in a better gathering. If he comes near Me one hand-span (shibran) I come near him one cubit (dhira`an). If he comes near Me one cubit I come near him an arm's length (ba`an). If he comes to Me walking, I come to him running."

3.Narrated Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri and Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "No fatigue, nor disease, nor sorrow, nor sadness, nor hurt, nor distress befalls a Muslim, even if it were the prick he receives from a thorn, but that Allah expiates some of his sins for that."
Volume:7 Book :70 (Patients)Number :545

4. Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "If Allah wants to do good to somebody, He afflicts him with trials."
Volume:7 Book :70 (Patients)Number :548

5. “He (Allah) said: Fear not, verily I am with you both, Hearing and Seeing.” (Qur’an: Translation of the meaning, 20:46)

6. Say: “Whether ye hide what is in your hearts or reveal it Allah knows it all. He knows what is in the heavens and what is on earth. And Allah has power over all things.” (Qur’an: Translation of the meaning, 3:29)

7. Finally, please take a look at the following link, as it is the most beautiful and soothing thing you will ever hear, MashAllaah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPO2A1oKPyA

I hope you stick around on the forum and I pray that God grants you the guidance you seek. Please feel free to post questions or comments about anything. Take care and all the best to you...

"Say: He is Allah, the One and Only! Allah, the Eternal, Absolute; He begetteth not nor is He begotten. And there is none like unto Him. "
(Holy Qur'an 112:1-4)

butterflymuslima

Life can be beautiful!

I've had situations like yours my entire life! Have to tell you My Muslim experience. I converted in Feb.08. Yesterday there was a Muslim day festival in Atlanta that I went to. Before I left my 18 year old daughter was pleading with me "mom please don't go you will only get your feelings hurt, Your not a "real Muslim" ? your an American woman, they won't accept you...etc." She had me so nervous, what if she was right? I took my other 4 children with me. My 14 yr. old is VERY blonde with blue eyes and freckles! Everyone there was soooo nice to me. They were all smiles I felt like I had ended up at a southern family reunion! AND they were all making comments like " this is your daughter, she is so beautiful" about my 14 year old and she doesn't wear hijab and dresses like an American teenager (little more modest cause of me)!!! We had so much fun and really enjoyed our day. Your just around a mean bunch, walk away with a smile and say Inshallah tomorrow is a better day!

a_stranger

Peace
I think that every human is spiritualy wounded till he/she accept the final message of our creator which was revealed to the seal of the prophets Muhammad :saw2:and turn his heart with sincerity to the one and only creator:

98:5 And withal, they were not enjoined aught but that they should worship God, sincere in their faith in Him alone, turning away from all that is false; and that they should be constant in prayer; and that they should spend in charity: for this is a moral law endowed with ever-true soundness and clarity.

Translation of the meanings of Quran

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
I have been trying to work threw some issues I have been having.
I dont believe Jesus was God. And I didnt think it was a big deal.
Well apparently it is to my catholic "family". I am so deeply hurt and saddened by the way I have been treated on a forum I refuse to ever post their again.
I have no where to go.
I have been looking into Islam on and off. I am a little knowledge able about it. I'm not a scholar but I know the basics.

I GUESS i JUST FEEL WOUNDED AND WANT TO CRY.

It is a horrible feeling to be turned away.
I won’t post a link but I will post the post.

I have been searching for 16 years and have always come up dry in what I was looking for in faith. I dont know why I am writing this as no one may care.
I just feel like my heart is wounded and want to cry!

the poster:

Originally Posted by Psalter
Woah, CHILL OUT NeedsFaith! Planten is a heretic even by Muslim standards, since he practices the Ahmadiyya sect of Islam...mainstream Muslims do not recognize Ahmadiyya as Muslims.

Just out of curiosity, why did the "ignorant" priest tell you you were not a true Catholic? I noticed from one of your other posts that you don't believe Jesus is God--one of the most fundamental teachings of the Catholic Christian religion. If you don't accept every point of Catholic doctrine, you aren't a Catholic! Who are you to say you are!? You sound like a first class moron, NeedsFaith...how old are you anyway? I don't play football, so I don't say I'm a football player--and if I did, I wouldn't say "How DARE you say I'm not a football player just because I don't play football?" The same principle applies to someone who claims to be Catholic but isn't really Catholic.

The priest was correct, NeedsFaith; it is you who are the ignoramus. After reading some of your posts, I wish I could reach through the screen and choke you. Ugh!
ME:
Breaking CAF rules!

Not very christian of you!
Should'nt the WWJD apply here?

Perhaps the attacks I get here will deter me away from the catholic church for good. When you stand before Jesus what will you say to him when he brings this post and what you felt at that time before you? You pushing people away from the church?
May God have more mercy on your souls; than you have given me!
As tears roll threw my heart ; I will not post again .

I am deeply hurt and offended

:salam2:

i'm sorry that you recently had such a bad experience at that forum. i don't think that you should use that experience as a reason to leave the catholic church. that was a layperson and in no way does that poster represent the catholic church. as a muslim, i have seen and read many things done by fellow muslims that i am not happy about. but i realize that they do not speak for islam and aren't representative of me. i know my religion is the truth and i stick by it. if you decide to leave the church, you should leave it because you feel that the church isn't the truth. you say that you have been interested in islam for some time, and i must say that is very good. just look at it with an open heart and with an open mind and i feel that i could almost gaurantee that you will realize that islam is the truth and you will be embracing islam, insha'allah ( God Willing ).

i wish you well in your journey.
:wasalam:

tanoli

Salam,

We respect you and yours feelings this is natural, yes you need to cry loudly and openly after that yours feeling will be changed, you will feel that you are satisfied by heart, by soul and by mind. crying is must.

In the belief the 1st thing is to beleive that God exist. if you beleive then no problem you don't need to go anywhere.
Just wake up in mid-night or before dawn in loneliness and sit comfortably colosed your eyes and think of God and you can cry and ask God where are you? Show me the right path if you created me, you can talk to God. He must reply you will see i give you 100% guarantee. do this alleast three days

May Allah(God) watch over you, show you and help you to the right direction.

Best Regards,

-Waseem

Almeftah

dear Heartbroken;

Islam brings you closer to God, And opens your heart and mind, And turns all your pain and suffering into pleasure and satisfaction.

May Allah guide you to his way.

cmelbouzaidi

Peace be with you, sister. I am so sorry that someone was extremely rude on that forum, that is one of the things about the internet, you can find some cowards who have nothing better to do than insult people from their keyboards..... Don't give that person any of your energy :)

Anyway, having said that, you don't believe that Jesus is God or the son of God and hence you come to visit turntoislam.com:) We are delighted that you have an interest in finding more about Islam, the fastest growing religion in the world today. I am a revert to Islam who was originally from an Irish Catholic family (albeit non-practising Catholics for the most part). In my Catholic school upbringing in Ireland and what little religious education I did get there, I never really thought I belonged from quite an early age. I always sat silently in mass during the Creed without repeating the words and if I had to go to confession during school hours, I would never reveal to the priest how much time had lapsed between one confession and the next as I did not want a heavy penance....

When, at 20, I read Holy Qur'an, a translation of which I borrowed from the university I was attending, my hands trembled as I read as I knew this truly was the word of God. I became Muslim at 21 and now I am 39 (one of the senior (in age only) members of this forum!!). For me, without a doubt, becominng Muslim was the best decision I ever made and I feel very blessed by the Almighty Creator, ALLAH (God).

I hope that you will enjoy your stay at turntoislam.com It is an amazing community of people from all over the globe. There are are a lot of very knowledgeable sisters and brothers on this site and you should receive a most warm welcome :)

Please ask any questions you may have pertaining to Islam and may the Almighty grant you peace in your spiritual quest.

Warm regards,

Catherine Iman

PS - Send me a "pm" (private message) if you wish to discuss anything privately :)