I heard of Salafi ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathieu

Salam,

Sorry for all these questions I'm hungry for knowledge. I've been reading about Islam for a while and I know that there are many sects. (or branch) I would like to know the difference about them.

For example Sunni and Sufi ? For me it's the same, I'm getting confused (no offence if I insulted somebody there). And a Salafi what's a Salafi, it's in the Sunni branch but why is it Salafi and not Sunni ?

Thanks in advance.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
wa alaikom

Sufi are very strict , th real Islam is in the middle no more no less .

the prophet PBUH told us that this Ommah will be devided into more than 60 groups all of them are in the hell coz they are on the wrong path but only one one group is one the right path so they will go to the paradise , they are who follow the Qur'an and Sunnah , they are called Sunni nowadays .

there are many differenices between these groups , u can notice them while reading .

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!
Salaam

No prblem with your questions:)

Sunni are people who follow the sunnah of prophet Muhammad SAW and sufi are people who do things that are called bid'ah( innovation) What i mean is that for example some of the sufis celebrate the birthday of the prophet which is bid'ah. Because he never celebrated his birthday and didn't say it is allowed. What ever our prophet SAW didn't do is bid'ah (innovation) and we are obliged to follow what he did unless that something is something personal for him.

As for salaafi, they are known as the early generations of muslims. Therefore some people say that they follow Islam the way the early generations did but Allah knows if they are or are not following it the right. So its not good the fact that they are saying they are salaafis.

Also the prophet SAW said: "my Ummah will be in 73 sects and 72 of them will go to hell. And the only one that won't is the one that Me and my companions are in and those who follow us." he also said " This is my path leading it straight, so follow it. And do not follow other paths or esle you will be seperated from His (Allah's) path. 6:153 its all in the same hadith. Sorry, hope this helps.

Reported by Ibn Mas‘ood and collected by an-Nasaa’ee, Ahmad and
ad-Daarimee. Authenticated by al-Albaanee in Sharh as-Sunnah, vol.1, p.13, no.17.
If i made any mistakes i hope my brothers and sisters corrcet me:)

wasalamm

miq1

Praise be to Allah (The Glorified and Exalted).

Sunnis are those that follow the Sunnah (tradition of the Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him)). Salafis were the early pious generations of Islam, they were Sunnis. There are some people who are very "self-righteous," therefore they call themselves "Salafi," they should simply refer to themselves as "Muslims" and follow the Qur'an and Sunnah. Because Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) refers to the followers of Islam as "Muslims" in the Qur'an, do they think they know better than Lord of the Heavens and the Earth.

Sufi means someone spiritual. The group referring to themselves as "Sufis" are mostly deviant. Therefore, stay away from there practices.

And Allah (The Glorified and Exalted) Knows Best.

Shishani

Staff member
Post of our brother Mabsoot (the admin, copied and edited:

An Introduction to the Salafi Da'wah

Shaykh Ibn 'Uthaymeen (Rahimahullah) about Salafi Da'wah

Saved Group, as mentioned in the Hadith, it is clear, they follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah

Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah (Rahimahoellaah) said:
The sign of the people of bid’ah is that they do not follow the salaf. from Majmoo’ al-Fataawa (4/155).

Muslims must unite together on the Qur'aan and Sunnah. Salafiyyah is not a sect or group, it is our manhaj, our methodology, it guides us to follow Islaam in the Right way, pure Qur'aan and Sunnah with understanding of the Salaf Saalih, in all matters, such as how they believed in Allaah, how they worshipped Allaah, their Aqeedah and their teachings in Fiqh matters and other than that. Our whole Islaam is based upon this and nothing new.

This is the way for following Islaam in the middle way, the easy way, not difficult way.

InshaAllaah, if you read the links above, you will get better idea.

muharram23

Staff member
Salam,

Sorry for all these questions I'm hungry for knowledge. I've been reading about Islam for a while and I know that there are many sects. (or branch) I would like to know the difference about them.

For example Sunni and Sufi ? For me it's the same, I'm getting confused (no offence if I insulted somebody there). And a Salafi what's a Salafi, it's in the Sunni branch but why is it Salafi and not Sunni ?

Thanks in advance.

Salamu alaykum

barakallahu feek akhi for the question but this topic has been asked and dealt with multiple times on the website. Please do little search about topics of interrest to see if it was talked about. Barakallah feekum

wassalam

Status
Not open for further replies.