I need help.

Hashmi

Assalamualikum Dear brothers

I really require help . I was talking to a christian on a forum and he says:

Quran says:

" O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word, ("Be!" - and he was) which He bestowed on Maryam (Mary) and a spirit (Rooh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: "Three (trinity)!" Cease! (it is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is AllSufficient as a Disposer of affairs."
( سورة النساء , An-Nisa, Chapter #4 Verse #171

He says that the Quran thinks that Christians believe that ' Jesus is the Physical son of God' whereas this is not true. He says that Christians DO not take Jesus as the physical son of God. And he says that Quran is in error( Naauzubillah) about the Christian beliefs.

The following are his actual words:

Your first quote says, "Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is in the earth. And Allah is AllSufficient as a Disposer of affairs." Now, the interpretation of Jesus' Sonship here is a physical one. You may say I'm grasping at straws, but technically, God's glory is not affected at all by the strict NT and Jewish theology of Jesus as the Son, indeed David was called a son of God, as was Israel, and so on. This is the sense (albeit tweaked) that the NT uses the term, but Muhammad seems to think Christians believe in a literal sonship, hence God being 'less exalted'. This is not true.
And due to my lack of knowledge I am really stuck on this point. :(

Can you please help.

happy 2 b muslim

this verse is saying that allah is free from this not in a physical form
allah saying in basic terms allah is one and allah is free from this as ang donest have a son that what this verse is saying

what i think salam

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender
I will let more knowledgeable brothers and sisters answer it on an academic level. I will only say that if that is his belief about Jesus pbuh, then he is probably one of the very few christian, if not the only Christian. The majority of christians believe he is the son of God in every sense. And not only that, but they also believe Jesus is God himself. Astaghfirullah

This guy is deceiving himself, not you.

Wassalam

abdallahbilal

Long Live Palestine
A Christian Site Saying it's not metaphoric

:salam2:

Well, I admit I don't know alot about the scriptures and Im curios to know just like u. But from my humble reading, I noticed some Christians use the word "beget" which is also used in the bible!

Psalm 2:7 "You are my Son, today I have begotten you."

If it was only a mistranslation from Greek, then why it is also used in Art and by Christians and ministers until now! This is the problem.

The problem is that "beget" is biological and "substance" is material. This is not metaphorical!!!

The Son of God, Begotten, Not Made
“And [we believe] in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of His Father before all worlds, God of God, Light of Light, very God of very God, begotten, not made, being of one substance with the Father … .”
In other words, although Jesus was a fully human person, he also was and is fully God.

http://www.bible.org/page.php?page_id=166

Please see the emphasis on derivations of "beget" and on the devinity of Christ and his unity with the Father.

American Muslim

Just Another Slave
I do not like to quote from the christian scriptures. However in this case it will help disprove your christians words to you.

John 3:16 " For God so loved the world that He gave his only begotten Son. That whosever believeth in Him shall not die but have everlasting life."

Notice what kind of son....begotten. There is only one way to beget. If you are familiar with the Torah of Musa (PBUH), you will notice the paragraphs of ...begat...starting with " And Adam begat Caine..." This phrase, only begotten Son, literally means through intercourse. If your christian is an intellectual type, he will say something along the lines that so much of the bible is analagy. The people didn't know as much as we do now...yahdee,yahdee,yahdee.

Well then, he is leaving himself open. What in the bible is analagy then? So many christians look at their religion as a buffet, where they can choose a little of this, alot of that, and none of that.

Grrrrrrrrrr, I actually have been banned from a couple of christian websites for twisting them all up on their own beliefs.
Good luck to you,
wa salam

Noor to shine

:salam2:
The problem with those people is that the shirk is within their hearts they can`t give it up ....they can`t free their hearts to their creator....what a differance if man make a partner to Allah swt .....whatever this partner is .....his heart is ruined ....and no sincerity , no true faith will be .....The beauty of Islam is that it clearify the way to Allah swt by cancelling all the partners and make the concept of God so bright and clear in hearts of people. :shahadah:

Hashmi

Asalamualikum

Thanks all of you for your help.

shahadah.gif