I need someone (a sister) to listen to my hifdh

swtangel45

Asalamu Alaikum wrwb,

Im doing hifdh, But If I had someone who could listen to it, and be in charge it would a lot more helpful, atleast for a month, because I force myself to do it, and then get lazy , then do it, and I really need some tutor, Dont worry I wont bother you, Its only when Im alone that I get lazy, and since Im a sister, I would need a sister, and someone that can help for free, sadaqah jaariah? If someone can pleaseee help me asap?? and OFCOURSE someone strict, firm, that wont let me get lazy.

jazakumullah ahsanal jazaa!!

~*~Baitu 3ashiqillah ta'ala~*~

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

I strongly encourage you to seek a teacher who has a) memorised what you need to practice (ideally a haafidhah of the Qur'aan) and b) knows the rules of tajweed and has read the back to a Shaykh/ah. Without these two, you can only test your hifdh on the level of your memory and not on tajweed or even correctness. Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam

swtangel45

As-salaamu `alaykum

I strongly encourage you to seek a teacher who has a) memorised what you need to practice (ideally a haafidhah of the Qur'aan) and b) knows the rules of tajweed and has read the back to a Shaykh. Without these two, you can only test your hifdh on the level of your memory and not on tajweed or even correctness. Allaah knows best.

Was-salaam

Alhamdulillah ta'ala, Ive studied pretty deep in Tajweed, and am aware of all the rules, I just need some one to listen to my hifdh, so that they can catch any mistakes I make, and make sure Im revising, and memorizing everyday. I do go to a baji in my madrassah twice a week in break (which is for only 15 mins), so she does make sure Im reading according to tajweed. Jazakumullah ta'ala

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Well a sister has opted for you alhamdulillaah. Worst comes worst, you could use a dictaphone (or dictator-phone as I use to think they were called) to record yourself, play it back while reading from a mus'haf to see if you went wrong. If you do it over the web, I recommend Skype as oppose to other Messengers, as it's built for audio-chat and is pretty clear. That's exactly what I do, I have lessons on Skype with my old teacher overseas.

Another thing, unless it were my children or a "study-buddy" setting, I would feel very uncomfortable making sure someone is memorising daily etc, if they surpass me in Qur'aan. To me it's like totally opposing the concept of calling towards and teaching what you know. Imagine telling someone "memorise this" when you haven't done it yourself. I'd feel awkward. Just my thoughts...

Baarak Allaahu feeki

swtangel45

As-salaamu `alaykum

Akhi Faith* with all respect, but we wouldn't allow that.

If he offered to listen to my hifdh which was very nice of him, but I too would not allow that as, I could never recite the quran infront of a gair mehram, as I do perdah of my voice too.

Jazakumullah khairan

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Sister,

On Paltalk Scene instant Messenger, there are Quran Memorization courses done under a Female teacher for Sisters.

The medium of instruction is in urdu.

:wasalam:

swtangel45

um, i checked, but couldnt find any such class, and if there are, Im pretty sure they would be locked, Do you know any specific class, or anyone I can contact?

Jazakumullah.

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
:salam2: Sister,

I found this description...

Join us Live Every Mon-Thur 9:30am-2:00pm US/Est. & 7:15pm 10:00pm US/Est*Every Fri 9:30am-12:30pm US/Est. & 5:30pm-8:30pm US/Est*Every Sat & Sun 11:15pm-2:00pm US/Est*For More Details Visit WWW.NURULQURAN.COM

:wasalam: