I said Shahada last night! So happy.

kevindcl

Well, after reading the Qur'an, doing some personal study, and visiting my local mosque for about a little over a month now, I made the decision to say Shahada last night. I was there observing again and since the imam knew I had been reading the Qur'an and coming to see their Salah for a while now, he asked me if I had come to any sort of decision about what I'd like to do, and I said that I had. I was ready to say Shahada. The imam gathered everyone together and then he gave me a microphone and had me say it in front of everyone. I was very nervous because of all the eyes on me, but once I said it I felt this terrific feeling go through me and I knew I had just made one of the most important decisions in my life. Afterwards, the other brothers all congratulated me and shook my hand. Some told me "Happy birthday" as they said I was now like a newborn in Islam. They were all so pleased and it was a very emotional experience for me. After everyone left to go home, the imam sat with me and showed me how to perform Wudu and gave me a guide on how to perform the Salah at home. I even received this really nice prayer rug and another copy of the Qur'an. He said to not stress about getting every right immediately as I still have a lot of learning to do (learning the Salah and everything), but they will all be there for help me and guide me through my learning process.

I didn't get to go to bed last night until after 3am (I was very excited), and I set my alarm to wake me up for Fajr at 6:30am, so you can imagine how tired I am today. But it was worth it to get up and perform my first Salah. I did make a few mistakes (like putting my forearms on the ground during Sujood at one point), but I was following along in the guide the imam gave me so I guess it's understandable I would make a few mistakes the first time doing it. But I told myself that at least I got up and did it, and after only 2-3 hours of sleep. I guess the good news is that I can go to bed earlier tonight and then (hopefully) not have a problem waking up tomorrow for Fajr. Maybe being tired all day today will just be what I need to reset my body's clock to get up for Fajr without trouble every day. :)

Well, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone here as I am so happy at the moment and am now officially a Muslim! It feels great, and I know whatever tiredness I experience today will be worth it. Well, I am off to read the Qur'an and have a lazy Saturday at home (and perform my other four Salahs, of course, at the appropriate times).

I hope everyone had a good day. I am still trying to learn Muslim greetings, so I wasn't sure how to say "goodbye" yet. :)

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Salam alaykum (= Peace be unto you)

Congratulation to you and welcome to this wonderful path called Islam. And happy birthday to you. :)

It is nice to read stories like yours as they put me to remember time when I said shahada years ago.

Goodbye = ma´a as-salaamah (means: peace with you)

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

What a wonderful post. Mubarak.

Please keep writing on TTI. There is a universe for you to discover. There will be good and there will be disappointments; but, that is part of the journey. There are many brother on this site that will help you. Should you have any questions ask and ask.

Walaikum assalaam.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Mabrook akh! And welcome to TTI. JazaakAllaahu khayraa for sharing your story. Hope to see your post more Inshaa`Allaah.

PeacefulHumanity

:)Smile! It's Sunnah
:salam2:

What great news! I wish you all the best. :)

Feel free to ask whatever questions cross your mind and we'll do our best to help our along the way. May Allah (SWT) guide us all and grant us entry to Heaven. Amin.

a_stranger

You are most welcome brother to the world of Islam: world of purity, sincerity, faith, peace, love, brotherhood..............Every great value.

uniqueskates

Rabbe Zidni Illma
Assalaamualaikum,

MashaAllah :) It's great to hear such a thing always. Mubarak.. Alhamdulilah you chose the right path. Welcome to Islam and also to TTI family. :)
Very happy to hear such a thing. :) :)

May Allah(SWT) guide you and bless you always :) Ameen.
Peace :)

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Mabrook!!! (Congrats).
Now that you have reset ,
and returned to that which was preset,
There will be few more things to readjust,
But in end you will also realize the creator is being just!

A newborn because because a child is born with zero sins, and on reverting its said the sin balance is reset to zero. This life is worth it, worth bowing 5 times a day to the creator.

Be here. May Allah bless you.

Well, after reading the Qur'an, doing some personal study, and visiting my local mosque for about a little over a month now, I made the decision to say Shahada last night. I was there observing again and since the imam knew I had been reading the Qur'an and coming to see their Salah for a while now, he asked me if I had come to any sort of decision about what I'd like to do, and I said that I had. I was ready to say Shahada. The imam gathered everyone together and then he gave me a microphone and had me say it in front of everyone. I was very nervous because of all the eyes on me, but once I said it I felt this terrific feeling go through me and I knew I had just made one of the most important decisions in my life. Afterwards, the other brothers all congratulated me and shook my hand. Some told me "Happy birthday" as they said I was now like a newborn in Islam. They were all so pleased and it was a very emotional experience for me. After everyone left to go home, the imam sat with me and showed me how to perform Wudu and gave me a guide on how to perform the Salah at home. I even received this really nice prayer rug and another copy of the Qur'an. He said to not stress about getting every right immediately as I still have a lot of learning to do (learning the Salah and everything), but they will all be there for help me and guide me through my learning process.

I didn't get to go to bed last night until after 3am (I was very excited), and I set my alarm to wake me up for Fajr at 6:30am, so you can imagine how tired I am today. But it was worth it to get up and perform my first Salah. I did make a few mistakes (like putting my forearms on the ground during Sujood at one point), but I was following along in the guide the imam gave me so I guess it's understandable I would make a few mistakes the first time doing it. But I told myself that at least I got up and did it, and after only 2-3 hours of sleep. I guess the good news is that I can go to bed earlier tonight and then (hopefully) not have a problem waking up tomorrow for Fajr. Maybe being tired all day today will just be what I need to reset my body's clock to get up for Fajr without trouble every day. :)

Well, I just wanted to share my experience with everyone here as I am so happy at the moment and am now officially a Muslim! It feels great, and I know whatever tiredness I experience today will be worth it. Well, I am off to read the Qur'an and have a lazy Saturday at home (and perform my other four Salahs, of course, at the appropriate times).

I hope everyone had a good day. I am still trying to learn Muslim greetings, so I wasn't sure how to say "goodbye" yet. :)

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Allahu akbar!!

Did a million people tell you to "make dua for me"?
Anyway what an amazing story, it's so good that your Imam and local Muslim community is supporting you. Some Muslims will take shahaddah, and then never get any further guidance on Salah, Wudu and in general a good Muslim support net. Being a revert (and normally the only one in your family/friends) is a scary thing, hold strong to your Muslim community for support :)

Dont worry about mistakes, insha allah you will learn the proper way to do things. Heck, I've been Muslim since 2009 and sometimes I will accidentally pick food up with my left hand. We are only human, after all. Allah swt knows your intentions are true.

Very happy to call you my brother in Islam, if you need us - we are always here :)

May Allah swt continue to guide you, and may you always stay on the straight path that is best! Ameen!

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
Assalam 'ALaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh

Mabrook (Congratulations) dear brother in Islam. Guess what? You just got a family of 1.5 billion. :D So happy for you.

Please feel free to ask any queries that you may have. There are many knowledgeable brothers and sisters over here.

Ma'ah Salaamah (May you be in peace) - Islamic Goodbye

kevindcl

Thank you everyone for the kind words. I was able to get up this morning for Fajr with no difficulty, so now that I have reset my internal clock I have a whole new schedule (no more staying up too late) :)

But I love it. I love having the structure of my day revolve around Salah. It feels like I have more awareness of Allah (SWT) throughout my day, even when I'm not praying.

I have also been dealing with people better in the sense that I am less prone to get angry or snap at someone.

I feel wonderful and I am so happy to have gained such a large family for support and guidance (at my mosque, and here on this website).

May Allah (SWT) bless you all!

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Alhamdulilah that Allah has guided you toward Islam dear brother and MashAllah that you are a Muslim now.

If you have any questions, all brothers and sisters are here for you, InshAllah.

May Allah bless you. Ameen summa Ameen

:salam2:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
I envy you. Waking up early, awarness of Allaah, no anger and snapping. I sooo do envy you.
Thank you everyone for the kind words. I was able to get up this morning for Fajr with no difficulty, so now that I have reset my internal clock I have a whole new schedule (no more staying up too late) :)

But I love it. I love having the structure of my day revolve around Salah. It feels like I have more awareness of Allah (SWT) throughout my day, even when I'm not praying.

I have also been dealing with people better in the sense that I am less prone to get angry or snap at someone.

I feel wonderful and I am so happy to have gained such a large family for support and guidance (at my mosque, and here on this website).

May Allah (SWT) bless you all!

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★