I TOLD MY SUPERVISOR....

theonlystar

SALAM

MY WIFE'S VISA IS ACCEPT AND READY COME TO ENGLAND. THE PROBLEM IS I HAD 2 EXTRA WEEKS HOLIDAY IN FEBUARY THIS YEAR COS I WAS IN PAKISTAN FOR MARRIAGE. NOW I HAVE NO MORE HOLIDAY BUT I TOLD MY SUPERVISOR , I WANT A DAY OFF ON THURSDAY BECAUSE MY WIFE IS COMING TO ENGLAND AND I HAVE TO GET HER IN AIRPORT BUT HE WAS NOT HAPPY AND HE WILL THINK ABOUT IT, HE IS THINKING ABOUT 90% NO AND EVERY TIME I SEE HIM, HE IS TRYING TO AVOID ME. HELP ME, WHAT CAN I DO? DO I HAVE TO TAKE MY DAY OFF FOR SICK OR WHAT? IF I TAKE MY DAY OFF FOR SICK, HE WILL KNOW WHY I AM NOT WORKING ON THURSDAY. I HAVE TO TAKE MY DAY OFF FOR VERY SURE. I CANT LOSE MY JOB.

THANKS

W-SALAM

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Take the day to greet your wife. Fear Allah subhana talla and not your boss. Do not say anything. You will not lose your job..have some faith.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
SALAM

MY WIFE'S VISA IS ACCEPT AND READY COME TO ENGLAND. THE PROBLEM IS I HAD 2 EXTRA WEEKS HOLIDAY IN FEBUARY THIS YEAR COS I WAS IN PAKISTAN FOR MARRIAGE. NOW I HAVE NO MORE HOLIDAY BUT I TOLD MY SUPERVISOR , I WANT A DAY OFF ON THURSDAY BECAUSE MY WIFE IS COMING TO ENGLAND AND I HAVE TO GET HER IN AIRPORT BUT HE WAS NOT HAPPY AND HE WILL THINK ABOUT IT, HE IS THINKING ABOUT 90% NO AND EVERY TIME I SEE HIM, HE IS TRYING TO AVOID ME. HELP ME, WHAT CAN I DO? DO I HAVE TO TAKE MY DAY OFF FOR SICK OR WHAT? IF I TAKE MY DAY OFF FOR SICK, HE WILL KNOW WHY I AM NOT WORKING ON THURSDAY. I HAVE TO TAKE MY DAY OFF FOR VERY SURE. I CANT LOSE MY JOB.

THANKS

W-SALAM

:salam2:

i'm sure that you could work something out with your boss. i say, that you should talk to him man to man. do you think that he wouldn't take the day off for his wife if he was in your situation? is there someone else that can cover for you? given your situation, i have a feeling that losing pay for that one day isn't an issue for you. if it isn't, let him know that. he may understand how important this is to you and decide to give you the day off. i am an employer, so i have had to deal with people in these same situations. sometimes, me being the boss means that i may have to cover for people that aren't going to make it in. it comes with the territory, but most importantly it's part of my job and it's a part of his as well.

:wasalam:

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:wasalam:
We can do nothing other than pray that Allah finds you a soulution brother.
Also you yourself do lots of Dua. Allah is our helper our Sustainer.

And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allâh will accomplish his purpose. Indeed Allâh has set a measure for all things.
65. At-Talâq

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

It is easy to say that. There is an expression in America: Family first. If you cower before your supervisor you will make it harder on everyone. Put your personal request in writing. Give it to your supervisor. Write that you understand the difficulty of having to take the day off. However, family comes first. You have no choice. Give a copy to his boss. Tell them you will work the next holiday. Etc.
Yes, it is easy for me. I make choices which place my priorites for my family. I do not chase money. They can always replace me on the job in less than five minutes...my family is all I have. It is a no- brainer.

Salaamalikum,

Try to see if you can make the day up. Come in on a Saturday or Sunday. Listen to sister Mirajmom. You must really have an incosiderate supervisor, maybe consider a different job.

Look at the leave policy of your work- ask the Human Resource department. They have rules, if not look at your state, and local regulations. Employees are permitted to take leave for family related situations.