I WANT TO BE A PRACTICING MUSLIM

pilgrim

Allahu Akbar
Asalamu Alaikum,
I'm from a strict hindu family,actually my grandfather is a hindu priest,my parents are strict hindus and there are no muslims in my family.I was a very very pious hindu in my younger days,i.e.used to pray alot,sang in the hindu temple and attended temple regularly.So happen i fell in love with this muslim boy in my school,he was'nt strict because to my knowledge Strict muslim men are not suppose to have any dealings with women.We were friends for two years until we decided to take a step in our relationship,he told me that he always wanted to live a strict muslim life and honestly i did too,i was somehow always interested in listening to islamic prayers and Casidas.Eventually we agreed to marry someday,he is praying 5 times a day,he doesn't talk to other girls and he follows some teachings of Islam,i.e.growing his beard and omly eating halaal foods.Me on the other hand is trying to learn as much as possible about the religion and is so motivated into studying Islam and being a Muslim.I dont do any Hindu prayers at all,I spend all my spare time on searching for Islamic sites to learn more about Islam.My friend and i knows that courting is not right in Islam and thinks its best to get nikahed but its impossible because my parents dont want me to convert to a muslim,they think i'm too young to make such decision and they think my friend is the one whose insisting that i convert to Islam,but honestly in my heart i want to be a muslim and a practicing muslim too.I wish i could fast and attend Mosque this Eid but i am not allowed to do so.I'm so frustrated.
The worst thing about it my parents i forcing me to prayer in the hindu faith,but i dont feel comfortable doing it.And another reason why i cant convert secretly is because i wont be able to wear the niqab or even go to mosque or prayer because my parents wouldn't allow it.
All i want is to live the rightous way,the islamic way but i just can't because of my family and parents,i'm frustrated.

Please do not put your email address on your posts. I think it will be for your benefit to maintain all the conversations you have with other members within the forum. For your own safety, do not share email addresses, phone numbers, etc...

thank you :)

Sister 3assal

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam, welcome to the site, sorry for not replying earlier, I just noticed this thread as it was in the wrong section. So it has been moved, inshaAllah someone will help you.

I think it is important that you speak to a Scholar about this. Really, its such a shame that your family are stopping you from practising Islam.

However, you can be a Muslim secretly and even if you can not wear the hijab out of fear of your family it is OK. As long as you make the declaration of faith, that you testify that there is no God but Allah and that Muhammad was his Messenger. - This is the fundamental belief of Islam, its this which makes you a Muslim.

From there you can try to achieve the other pillars of Islam such as prayer and fasting etc.

You need to speak to a Scholar about this, but, I would say you would have to leave this environment where they force you to worship their Hindu deities and make you do those rituals.. Its really sad and i feel very sorry for you sister.

You do not have to worry about this boy and any relationship, try to put it behind you and focus mainly on developing your understanding of Islam.

However, if he is capable of looking after you, he is sincere and has good personality and manners, he is of sound character and religious, perhaps it is best you marry him, to be free from your family.

I understand it is very hard and you love your family. You will just have to try your best to convince them that you made your own choice, through your own free will.

We will make dua for you,

Wasalam.

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
... and Peace be with You as well, sister Pilgrim ;-D Welcome to the TurnToIslam.com community! =)

I am very sorry to hear of your current situation, and the stress it nodoubt puts on your heart. I know that your husband-to-be is faithful; InshaAllah, our Lord and Creator will make it easier on you two to get married. I can tell, just from your few words, that you truly love this boy and for that... my heart goes out to you both. Marriage is one of life's most sacred blessings, and when you keep your intentions pure and noble, Allah holds his unending hands out to bless you both with each other - with shared experiences, shared spiritual growth and exploration, marital relations that are healthy and don't feel "wrong", and increased community involvement with true love and trust. =)

I commend you for being Pious, even though it seems (to my eyes, at least) that your heart feels the Hindu Life-Style (and may I also be bold enough to declare; Death-Style) does not quite... fit. =) Piety is something very special, and it is indeed a gift from our Creator that we use to bless Him in return... and thereby we get blessed back in turn, so that we can bless the force that brought about this universe and planet with even stronger conviction and zeal than originally. Truly, this is a fine Earthly gift to possess.

Hmmm. Noone can MAKE anyone else truly believe as they do, regardless of how hard they try. Ultimately, it comes down to an internal and personal choice - You have to listen to your own heart, and feel this life with your own hands and mind. Speaking of your hands, I learnt something INCREDIBLE today during my first day ever of Ramadan as a Muslim. Did you know that if you stretch out your right hand so that your palm faces away from you, and crook your thumb into your hand that you're actually unconsciously spelling out the Arabic word for God? He's a small example of the word, though it's not very pronounced (I reccomend searching a little deeper to find a larger image): :Allah: Verily, every human being's middle finger is the longest surrounded by two equal length fingers, following by a stumpy thumb and your pinky finger. This is indeed one of the many graces Allah puts right infront of every human being's eyes; but you have to search for it, to have the desire and the motivation.

At any rate, I will give you some advice. It is each and every human being's responsiblity on this planet to respect their mother and father to the UTMOST they possibly can. Failure to do this will result in a variety of nasty consequences; take it from me. ;-) However, if you truly feel Allah tugging on your heart you mustn't allow your parents to hinder your own personal spiritual quest. Ask their permission to at very least explore what Islam is about, to attend a few prayers at the Mosque, and to see what brings such life to your husband-to-be's eyes for yourself. If Hinduism is indeed the correct path in this life, your parents should have nothing to fear in your wanting to figure out just what this Islam thing really is and how it relates/compares to Hinduism. At least that way you are respecting them, but also they are affording you some personal and spiritual respect also. Don't just take it from the Brothers and Sisters here, look into it for yourself and THEN decide. =)

Something else about your Muslim friend - If you love him as you say you do, you must resist the pleasures of the flesh before marriage. In Islam, there is no such thing as Boyfriend/Girlfriend and for a very good reason: to protect you both. With a girlfriend/boyfriend situation, there are no lasting guarentees. If you connect with that person for "love", the next day you can do something that person is not pleased with and just as quickly cause them to fall out of love with you and then it's all over. But when you love someone and share the same values (spiritual ones especially) as them - there you will find true happiness and a lasting relationship that won't feel "wrong". This is why Islam recommends getting married as soon as possible, as well as to avoid any sinful thoughts or actions. If these ideas seem alien to you, realize they are critical to his growth in life and that you must concider respecting them.

InshaAllah you will find this website a wonderful tool on your quest to Islam, and the Brothers and Sisters here very tolerant and helpful. We will of course try to respect that your beliefs are currently not quite the same as our's... but when you feel and know and experience the Truth in Life it is difficult for us to contain ourselves and I beg your understandings. =)

Again I wholeheartedly welcome you to TTI.com and commend your curiosity about this religion/life-style - especially in this day and age when there is so much negativity aimed at Muslims across mainstream media, which nodoubt has partially poisoned your parent's opinions on the whole matter. Remember that only light will break the darkness, and that truth dispells all untruth. I wish you luck and much success, InshaAllah. =)

solly

alsalamu alaykom my dear beloved sis in islam 3assal :),
1st welcome 2 islam and we're proud 2 have u with us :)
dear 3assal u have 2 sulotions for ur issue,of course in my opinion.
1.tell ur parents about islam in a very calm and peacful way,explain 2 them why u want 2 b in such a beautiful religioun. and after telling that 2 them tell them that u've desided 2 b a muslim in ur complete will and that u want islam as a religioun not bcoz of ur frnd...and remeber to tell them why.
2. am gonna tell u this sulotion althou it might be a hard one. it seems to me that ur family is fighting u and forcing u 2 leave islam.my sulotion is 2 leave ur family and ur whole bad society IN CASE u can handle it .u said that this muslim person wants 2 marry u and wants 2 b in a strict muslim environment and u want that 2.so if he was willing to protect and b with u,never leave u and b 100% responsible about u...i think u should marry him and run away with him...but remember never rush just think about every thing and calculate every step ur doing...but try 2 stay away from the environment thats trying 2 make u leave islam...never leave islam and remember this ayah that its meaning says''if ur parents are trying 2 force u 2 believe in another god but Allah..don't obey them.and treat them in good respectful way during their lives''

the steps..
1.tell them about islam.
2. tell them about ur wish of turning into a muslim and explain 2 them that its wut u want.
3.if they agreed thats good
4.if they ddnt, try 2 leave this environment .
5.discuss with ur friend the posibility of running away with him
6.never rush in ur dicision.but never leave islam
7.always be good 2 ur parents but dont obey them when it comes 2 leaving Islam.
May Allah guard and bless u :)
sis sally

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum, just want to point out that Sister 3assal who wrote in RED is a Moderator who had to edit pilgrim's post. So, the sister who wrote the initial post is not 3assal :)

wasalam

ibnAbdullah87

:bismillah:

It is upon you to be obey your parents in that which is good but there is no obidence to the creation in disobidence to Allah. So when they tell you thing like don't cover up or go to the hindu mosque it is not upon you to obey. You do not need anyones permission to became muslim and you not taken you shahad do not waste time and do it as soon as possible because you do no know when death will come to you and then pray the salah, give the zakah and fast during the month of ramadan and Allah will inshallah straighten out your affairs. But do not let anyone stand in between you and Al Islam or delay for it no even your parents. If you are to pray and fast what is the worst possible thing they can do to, but if don't do them then the punishment of Allah is much greater then anything that any human can do. If you want to marry in your case it is not your father who marries you off you do not need his permission because he is a disbeliever. But you should be nice to them and call them to tawheed and make dua that Allah guides them and softens their hearts.

You will not find a people who believe in Allah and the Last Day loving those who oppose Allah and his messeger, even if they are their fahters, or their sons, or their brothers, or their kinsfolk. Rather Allah has decreed true faith for their hearts, and strengthened them with proof,light and guidance from him; and he will enter them into the gardens of Paradise beneath whose trees rivers will flow, and they will dwell therein forever. Allah is pleased with them and they with him. They are the party of Allah. Indeed the party of Allah are the successful. [sooratul-Mujaadilah(58:)Aayah 22]

I hope this advice will help.:inshallah: