I want to share this amazing story with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

truefaith101

~*~I Love Islam~*~
THIS is A Fabricated Story!

If people think that is a little overboard, please realize i've merged 3 or more entire threads into this one for this ONE story alone! It is horrible in how quickly it spreads, please everyone who gets it, forward it to others saying so.

Read: Fabricated Story Information

Assalamualikom wa RahmatuAllahu wa Barakatuhu

A man woke up early in order to pray the Fajr prayer in the masjid. He got dressed, made his ablution and was on his way to the masjid.

On his way to the masjid, the man fell and his clothes got dirty. He got up, brushed himself off, and headed home. At home, he changed his clothes, made his ablution, and was, again, on his way to the masjid.

On his way to the masjid, he fell again and at the same spot! He, again, got up, brushed himself off and headed home. At home he, once again, changed his clothes, made his ablution and was on his way to the masjid.

On his way to the masjid, he met a man holding a lamp. He asked the man of his identity and the man replied "I saw you fall twice on your way to the masjid, so I brought a lamp so I can light
your way." The first man thanked him profusively and the two where on their way to the masjid.

Once at the masjid, the first man asked the man with the lamp to come in and pray Fajr with him. The second man refused. The first man asked him a couple more times and, again, the answer was the same. The first man asked him why he did not wish to come in and pray. he man replied "I am Satan."

The man was shocked at this reply. Shaitan went on to explain, "I saw you on your way to the masjid and it was I who made you fall.

When you went home, cleaned yourself and went back on your way to the masjid, Allah forgave all of your sins. I made you fall a second time, and even that did not encourage you to stay home, but rather, you went back on your way to the masjid.

Because of that, Allah forgave all the sins of the people of your
household. I was afraidif i made you fall one more time, then Allah will forgive the sins of the people of your village, so i made sure that you reached the masjid safely."

So do not let Satan benefit from his actions.Do not put off a good that you intended to do as you never know how much reward you might recieve from the hardships you encounter while trying to achieve that good.

Wa Assalamualikom wa Rahmatu Allahu wa Barakatahu

jamilgame

Great story have u read stories of repentance book its hard to get in the uk i bought from madina beautiful stories in there makes u cry and wonder wat wer all doing about ourseleves and ummah, anyways great story i'm gonna go and tell it to my mum now lol.

Muhsana

:salam2:

Very impressive story. We should not discard our prayers that we did for will of Allah.

Thank you very much for sharing.

Fiemanillah

shaz_1999

Its a propa kool story I herd it b4 it kind of gives u da slap on ur face dat u need 2get up and pray Fajar

:ma:
Really it's a very very very Goooood Story mashaallah...
Assalah is very important
Jazakalaho khayrane for this story, we can take it like an example..
Assalamu alaikum

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Woah Shaitan can just start talking to you and you won't even know it's him untill he admits it.:eek: But this only happens to the pious muslims because of two things: 1. Shaitaan would want to misguide a pious person (so it'd be a great victory for him if he succeeded) and 2. A normal person would get strucken and might act crazy. A pious man would just get shocked and just carry on when a normal person would've ran away in fear forgetting to fear Allah.

umm hussain

Mashallah, a very beautiful and inspiring story. The next time I am distracted or procrastinate doing something for the sake of Allah, inshallah I will remember this story.

Jazakhallahu khair for sharing

Aya83

truly inspiring...
if we have real faith, there are no excuses for us not to pray or serve GOD amidst any situation.

oumyaquine

Fière de ma religion
:salam2: macha'Allah,it is a beautifull story jazaka'allah.It touched me a lot,last year my husband's best friend lost his father at the masjid .Well ,the old man asked his son to go with him to the masjid praying salat al fajr.The brother told his father that he was very tired because he worked very hard on the afternoon.Well the fact is that the old hajj went by his own to the mosque and immediatly after doing his salam he had a heart attack.He died at the masjid macha'allah.I have to admit that all the muslim community was a little bit shocked.wassalam:tti_sister: :tti_sister: :tti_sister:

radwan

jazairy
Salam walykoum.

One of my client forward this story for me so i thought i share it with my brothers and sisters.

Your brother fi Allah, S.

A man woke up early in order to pray the Fajr prayer
in the masjid. He got dressed, made his ablution and
was on his way to the masjid. On his way to the
masjid, the man fell and his clothes got dirty. He got
up, brushed himself off, and headed home. At home, he
changed his clothes, made his ablution, and was,
again, on his way to the masjid. On his way to the
masjid, he fell again and at the same spot! He, again,
got up, brushed himself off and headed home. At home
he, once again, changed his clothes, made his ablution
and was on his way to the masjid. On his way to the
masjid, He met a man holding a lamp. He asked the man
of his identity and the man replied "I saw you fall
twice on your way to the masjid, so I brought a lamp
so I can light your way. "The first man thanked him
profusively and the two where on their way to the
masjid. Once at the masjid, the first man asked the
man with the lamp to come in and pray Fajr with him.
The second man refused. The first man asked him a
couple more times and, Again, the answer was the same.
The first man asked him why he did not wish to come in
and pray. The man replied, "I am Satan. "The man was
shocked at this reply. Satan went on to explain, "I
saw you on your way to the masjid and it was I who
made you fall. When you went home, cleaned yourself
and went back on your way to the masjid, Allah
forgave all of your sins. I made you fall a second
time, and even that did not encourage you to stay
home, but rather, you went back on your way to the
masjid. Because of that, Allah forgave all the sins
of the people of your household. I was afraid if I
made you fall one more time, then Allah will forgive
the sins of the people of your village, so I made sure
that you reached the masjid safely." So do not let
Satan benefit from his actions. Do not put off a good
that you intended to do as you never know how much
reward you might receive from the hardships you
encounter while trying to achieve that good. If
forwarding this message will bother you, or take too
much time from you, then don't do it, but you will not
get the reward of it, which is great. Imagine, that
when you forward this, you receive 240 good deeds, and
so will I for sending it to you! Wouldn't it be easy
just to press "Forward" and receive this reward?

samiha

---------
Staff member

This story is fabricated... PLEASE ANYONE WHO GETS THIS IN THE E-Mail ... Forward this part along instead why don't you?? Give it back to all those who gave it to you, because by spreading or accepting this wrong information, you are unconsiously taking part as well...

Criticism of a fabricated story, and a warning against ignorant storytellers

Question:
I hope that you can tell me whether this report – which I heard from a preacher – is sound. He got up at 4.20 a.m. to get ready to pray Fajr. He went and did wudoo’ and got dressed, and got ready to go out and go to the mosque. He was accustomed to doing that since he was a child. He was used to offering all his prayers in congregation in the mosque, even Fajr prayer. He left his house and made his way to the mosque. Whilst he was on his way, he stumbled and fell, and tore part of his garment. He went back home to change his garment and put on another one. He did not get angry or swear or curse, he just went back home and simply changed his clothes. Then he set out again for the mosque, and again he stumbled and fell, and part of this garment got ripped as well. He went back home and changed his garment. Both garments had got torn but that did not deter him from his keenness to offer the prayer in congregation in the mosque. He set out again for the mosque, and he stumbled for the third time, but suddenly he felt that he was not falling, and there was someone holding him and preventing him from falling to the ground. The man was surprised and looked around, but he did not see anyone. He stood confused for a moment, then he carried on towards the mosque. Then he heard a voice saying: “Do you know who I am?” The man said: “No.” The voice replied: “I am the one who prevented you from falling.” The man said: “Who are you?” He replied: “I am the shaytaan.” The man asked him: “If you are the Shaytaan, why did you prevent me from falling?” The Shaytaan answered: “The first time when you stumbled and went home to change your clothes, Allaah forgave you all your sins. The second time when you stumbled and went home to change your clothes. Allaah forgave your family. The third time when you stumbled, I was afraid that if you went back home and changed your clothes, Allaah would forgive all the people of your neighbourhood, so I supported you and prevented you from falling.”
What is confusing me about this story is: is it possible for the shaytaan to speak to a person and hold his hand and prevent him from falling as is described in this story?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

Firstly:

There is no basis for this story in the books of Sunnah, hadeeth and history. It is contrary to Islam for several reasons:

1 – The conversation between the man and the shaytaan. It is possible for the shaytaan to whisper to a person (waswasah) when he is in his real form, but speaking to him is not possible, unless the shaytaan appears to him in human form.

2 – The shaytaan says that he supported the man when he stumbled. This is something that is unbelievable, and the shaytaan is unable to do such a thing. Allaah has made the angels protectors and guardians of man, to protect them from the harm of the jinn, because they can see us but we cannot see them. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“For him (each person), there are angels in succession, before and behind him. They guard him by the Command of Allaah”

[al-Ra’d 13:11]

In this made-up story it clearly states that the shaytaan is able to protect a person against that which may harm him, or that the shaytaan is able to prevent something that has been decreed by Allaah.

3 – The most serious thing in this story is where the shaytaan says that the first time Allaah forgave the man all his sins, then the second time he says that Allaah has forgiven his family, and he says that if he had fallen a third time, Allaah would have forgiven the people of his neighbourhood! All of this is lies against Allaah and claiming to have knowledge of the unseen. Even if a mujaahid is wounded in battle against the kuffaar it does not bring such virtues, so how can it be ascribed to the one who is going to the mosque? It is not ascribed to one who stumbled when calling people to Allaah or going to uphold ties of kinship or other acts of worship, so how can these virtues be ascribed to one who falls when he is going to the mosque?

There is nothing about falling or stumbling that brings such virtues. Many of the Sahaabah fell, stumbled or were injured at the time of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but there is nothing in the Sunnah which ascribes such virtues to them or even some of those virtues. Allaah does not forgive a family or the people of a neighbourhood or city because of the deeds or acts of worship of one of the righteous, let alone the fact that stumbling does not bring a person closer to Allaah and it is not an act of worship in itself. If anyone were to benefit from the actions of another, then the father of Ibraaheem (peace be upon him) would have benefited from the prophethood of his son, and the son of Nooh would have benefited from the prophethood of his father, and Abu Taalib would have benefited from the Prophethood of his nephew Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him).

Moreover, how did the shaytaan know of all that so that he could tell this man about it? Does the shaytaan have the power to prevent mercy reaching one of the slaves of Allaah upon whom He wishes to bestow it?

No. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Whatever of mercy (i.e. of good), Allaah may grant to mankind, none can withhold it; and whatever He may withhold, none can grant it thereafter. And He is the All‑Mighty, the All‑Wise”

[Faatir 35:2]

Secondly:

Undoubtedly these false stories are things that become widespread among those who do not understand their religion properly and who do not know the Oneness of their Lord (Tawheed). They are propagated by liars and storytellers who fabricate lies against the laws of Allaah.

Allaah has issued a stern warning against these liars. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Say (O Muhammad): (But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are Al‑Fawaahish (great evil sins and every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allaah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allaah of which you have no knowledge”

[al-A’raaf 7:33]

What khateebs and preachers must do is be above being mere storytellers who tell the common folk stories that go against sharee’ah. The salaf of this ummah issued a stern warning against these storytellers, because of the bad effects that their stories have on the common folk and because they contain things that go against the laws of Allaah.

In a hadeeth that was classed as hasan by Shaykh al-Albaani in al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (1681) it was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

“When the Children of Israel were doomed they started to tell stories.”

Shaykh al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

It says in al-Nihaayah: “when they were doomed they started to tell stories” which means they relied on words and forsook deeds, and that was the reason for their doom, or vice versa: when they were doomed it was because they stopped doing good deeds and turned to stories.

Al-Albaani said, commenting on this:

It may be said that the reason they were doomed was that they paid too much attention to stories at the expense of fiqh and beneficial knowledge which teach the people about their religion, and motivate them to do righteous deeds. Because they did that, they were doomed. Al-Silsilah al-Saheehah (4/246).

This is the case with the storytellers; they pay too much attention to stories and myths, which they narrate to the common folk, without any understanding or knowledge, and the common man hears a lot but does not understand any ruling or gain any knowledge.

Ibn al-Jawzi said in Talbees Iblees (p. 150):

The storytellers are not condemned just for being storytellers, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“We relate unto you (Muhammad) the best of stories”

[Yoosuf 12:3]

“So relate the stories”

[al-A’raaf 7:176]

Rather the storytellers are condemned because they tell many stories without mentioning any beneficial knowledge, and usually they mix sound and unsound material in what they narrate and rely on things that are mostly impossible.

End quote.

It was narrated that Abu Qilaabah ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Zayd said: Nothing kills knowledge but stories. A man may sit with another man for a year and not learn anything from him, and he may sit with a knowledgeable man and not get up until he has learned something.

Hilyat al-Awliya’ (2/287).

How often do these storytellers narrate from bad reports to the masses, and tell them these fables, which reach such a status among the masses that they believe everything that they hear and even give them precedence over the scholars and seekers of knowledge.

Al-Haafiz al-Iraaqi (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

One of the problems with them is that they speak to so many people and tell them things that they are unable to comprehend, and that leads them to confusion and makes them develop misconceptions. This applies if what they tell them is sound, so how about if it is false?

Tahdheer al-Khawaas by al-Suyooti (p. 180), quoting from al-Baa’ith ‘ala al-Khalaas by al-‘Iraaqi.

Ibn al-Jawzi said:

The storyteller narrates weird reports to the masses, and tells them that even if he had even the slightest whiff of knowledge he would not have told them. So the masses leave with a lot of false notions in their minds, which they discuss amongst themselves. If a scholar denounces them, they say: we heard this, he narrated it to us. How many storytellers have misled others by means of the fabricated reports they narrate to them; how many people have turned yellow with hunger (because of what they heard encouraging asceticism); how many people left their families, homes and cities to wander like monks; how many have refrained from doing that which is permitted; how many have refrained from learning and teaching knowledge, believing that he is going against his own whims and desires; how many have made their children orphans because of their asceticism whilst still alive; how many have turned away from their wives and not given them their rights, so that she is neither single nor truly married. End quote.

Al-Mawdoo’aat (1/32)

This is why the storytellers are criticized by many of the salaf.

Maymoon ibn Mahraan (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The storyteller may expect punishment from Allaah, and the one who listens to him may expect mercy.

Al-Albaani (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, following hadeeth no. 4070 in al-Silsilah al-Da’eefah:

This was narrated by Ibn al-Mubaarak in his book al-Zuhd with a saheeh isnaad.

Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

The greatest liars among the people are the storytellers. The people need truthful storytellers who will remind them of death and the punishment of the grave. It was said to him: Didn’t you attend their gatherings? He said: No.

Al-Adaab al-Shar’iyyah by Ibn Muflih al-Hanbali (2/82).

We ask Allaah to set straight the affairs of the imams and khateebs, and to guide them to that which is best for them and others.

And Allaah knows best.

Islam Q&A

Jazakallahu Khayran bro Happy 2B A Muslim!!

Imagine, that
when you forward this, you receive 240 good deeds, and
so will I for sending it to you!

:astag: :astag: :astag: Imagine how wrong the above statement is. Who is anyone to determine the outcome of an action or reward, except what has been revealed by Allah and His Messenger :saw: ???

Imagine the sin of passing on and spreading fabrication, and help prevent it by looking up things and NEVER forwarding something without its correlating source or evidence.

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.