I was once a Muslim. Here is why I'm not now...

aisha16

I am from the UK, and am white. I did convert to Islam a few months ago, and I found that the Muslims at the local mosque were incredibly kind. However, after I began to think about it, I decided that Islam is not for me. No religion is for me. Evolution was a major stumbling point when I became Muslim. Also, I decided that I should not limit myself to the Qu'ran as my only source of morals and inspiration. I am a creative person, and I didn't want to limit myself. Also, I have no longer any belief in God. I actively disbelieve in him.
I just would like to ask you all here, who are Muslim, how do you overcome these issues? I'm not suggesting that they are issues for everyone, but for me, I have trouble believing in light of this evidence. I'm not questioning your beliefs, by the way. I just want to know how this could have been overcome had I stayed Muslim. Feel free to PM me.
Thanks very much, my friends.

Hmmm......the Quran doesn't have to be your only source, there's plenty of other things that you could read too. (Hadith, Islamic books, etc.) And to be completely honest evolution is pretty bogus. How can you believe you came from a monkey, something created just like you....

Hope you can open your mind more and see the truth of things...........