Ibrahim (pbuh)

Tomtom

Banned
Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Alamin Ar Rahamanir Rahim

As’alaamu Alaikkum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuhu

To Azar was born a son in Ur in the land of the Chaldeas in present day Iraq and he named him Ibrahim. The Chaldeans were one of the first great civilisations of the world and they enjoyed excesses and were a proud people. Azar and his ancestors were idol makers and idol worshippers. The young Ibrahim was different, he was never comfortable with worshipping idols as he knew they were made from clay and wood and were lifeless.

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham said to his father Azar, "Do you take idols as deities? Indeed, I see you and your people to be in manifest error." 6:74

The young Ibrahim struggled against the inner feelings that he had as everywhere he turned people were all worshipping lifeless idols and it grieved him to the core. For solace he would prostrate to the One True God Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala in prayer and supplication. He reached breaking point and one day when he had enough he went to the temple and destroyed all of the idols except the largest one.

When he said to his father and his people, "What are these statues to which you are devoted?" They said, "We found our fathers worshippers of them." He said, "You were certainly, you and your fathers, in manifest error." They said, "Have you come to us with truth, or are you of those who jest?" He said, "[No], rather, your Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth who created them, and I, to that, am of those who testify. And [I swear] by Allah , I will surely plan against your idols after you have turned and gone away." So he made them into fragments, except a large one among them, that they might return to it [and question]. 21:52-58

So they returned to it and Ibrahim challenged the worshippers to ask the idol and he said the statue will answer if it was really a god. Of course the statue could not speak, therefore they took Ibrahim and they set fire to him.

They said, "Have you done this to our gods, O Abraham?" He said, "Rather, this - the largest of them - did it, so ask them, if they should [be able to] speak." 21:62-63

Allah said, "O fire, be coolness and safety upon Abraham." And they intended for him harm, but We made them the greatest losers 21:69-70

Ibrahim begged Allah Subhana Wa T’ala for forgiveness for his father because Ibrahim was a righteous man and God fearing.

And the request of forgiveness of Abraham for his father was only because of a promise he had made to him. But when it became apparent to Abraham that his father was an enemy to Allah , he disassociated himself from him. Indeed was Abraham compassionate and patient. 9:114

Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala rescued Ibrahim and his wife Sara and they were told to leave their homeland and settle in a place called Salem (means peace) which will later be re-named Jerusalem. Ibrahim and his wife Sara lived there happily but without any children, this had saddened him as he and his wife were getting on in years. Sara offered her hand maid Hagar as a second wife and she bore him his first born son whom he named Ishma’el.
Then Ibrahim received three very unexpected guests at his house. He hurriedly prepared a feast for his guests unaware that they were angels sent by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala. Really they came with two messages, a good news of a son from his wife Sara and the destruction of the town of Sodom.

And certainly did Our messengers come to Abraham with good tidings; they said, "Peace." He said, "Peace," and did not delay in bringing [them] a roasted calf. But when he saw their hands not reaching for it, he distrusted them and felt from them apprehension. They said, "Fear not. We have been sent to the people of Lot." 11:69-70

And when Our messengers came to Abraham with the good tidings, they said, "Indeed, we will destroy the people of that Lot's city. Indeed, its people have been wrongdoers." 29:31

So Ibrahim received mixed messages from his guests, the good news of a son and the destruction of a town in which his nephew was a resident. Their mission was to destroy the town of Sodom in which the people openly practiced homosexuality and other illicit sexual activities which were abhorrent to Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala. The nephew of Ibrahim who was called Lot was sent there by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala to persuade the people to stop the practice of homosexuality and return to the righteous path and worship Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala. When they continually refused, Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala decreed the town and all of the inhabitants therein would be destroyed.

Abraham] said, "Indeed, within it is Lot." They said, "We are more knowing of who is within it. We will surely save him and his family, except his wife. She is to be of those who remain behind."29:32

Indeed, We sent upon them a storm of stones, except the family of Lot - We saved them before dawn 54:34

Henceforth the town of Sodom was completely destroyed with only Lot and his two daughters being the only survivors.

Ibrahim was tested so much by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala that he was asked to sacrifice his second born son Is’haque. Ibrahim was God fearing and obedient unlike any other person.

And [mention, O Muhammad], when Abraham was tried by his Lord with commands and he fulfilled them. [ Allah ] said, "Indeed, I will make you a leader for the people." [Abraham] said, "And of my descendants?" [ Allah ] said, "My covenant does not include the wrongdoers." 2:124

Indeed, Abraham was forbearing, grieving and [frequently] returning
[to Allah ].
11:75

Another test involved Ibrahim taking his second wife Hagar and their son Ish’mael to a desert valley between the hills of Safaa and Marwaa in Arabia. He was ordered by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala to leave his wife and young son in the secluded valley with only a pouch of water to last them their stay until it ran out. After frantically searching for water and on the verge of giving up angel Jibreel helped Hagar by digging the ZamZam well in the desert. A community soon grew in the area and the city of Makkah was born, blessed by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala. There, Ibrahim was ordered to build a house of worship so that the believers can come and worship the One True God Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala.

And [mention] when We made the House a place of return for the people and [a place of] security. And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Abraham a place of prayer. And We charged Abraham and Ishmael, [saying], "Purify My House for those who perform Tawaf and those who are staying [there] for worship and those who bow and prostrate [in prayer]." And [mention] when Abraham said, "My Lord, make this a secure city and provide its people with fruits - whoever of them believes in Allah and the Last Day." [ Allah ] said. "And whoever disbelieves - I will grant him enjoyment for a little; then I will force him to the punishment of the Fire, and wretched is the destination." And [mention] when Abraham was raising the foundations of the House and [with him] Ishmael, [saying], "Our Lord, accept [this] from us. Indeed You are the Hearing, the Knowing. Our Lord, and make us Muslims [in submission] to You and from our descendants a Muslim nation [in submission] to You. And show us our rites and accept our repentance. Indeed, You are the Accepting of repentance, the Merciful. 2:125-128

An obedient heart like Ibrahim is unthinkable to an ordinary man, he was tested even to death and he was willing to obey as he knew that a slave must obey his master. In return Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala has bestowed abundant mercy and a legacy that will be with human kind until the end of time. To be saved one must be part of their covenant, one must become a true muslim who must submit to the Lord of the worlds. There is no better commendation that from Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala and it is everlasting.

And who is better in religion than one who submits himself to Allah while being a doer of good and follows the religion of Abraham, inclining toward truth? And Allah took Abraham as an intimate friend. 4:125

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum

thank you, is good to read, alhamdullilah
we can identify our self with this....

The young Ibrahim struggled against the inner feelings that he had as everywhere he turned people were all worshipping lifeless idols and it grieved him to the core. For solace he would prostrate to the One True God Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala in prayer and supplication.

:tti_sister:

:salam2:

sabina isa

Jazak Allahu khair for the post. Indeed faith of Ibrahim a.s is ever inspiring and reviving one. But brother to quote a staement in the post:
"Ibrahim was tested so much by Allah Subhana Wa Ta’ala that he was asked to sacrifice his second born son Is’haque. Ibrahim was God fearing and obedient unlike any other person"
As a correction the second son of Ibrahim a.s was Ismael, and he was the one asked to be sacrificed. I believe is a typo, but thought to correct it for someone that might not know of it.

We salam

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
my husband has his same name,so I told everything!:hearts:
....................................................................................