ideas for a circle

amyaishazouaoui

:salam2:

Me and my mate ayisha have taken over the running of a circle in order to help some revert sisters in our community.

There is a broad rane of sisters attending from a range of back grounds, ages and time as a muslim.

It is informative but informal and quite fun at the same time!!!!

Although we want everyone to benfit and to enjoy themselves we also want to keep it interesting.

We are going to have aweekly word matchnquiz session...match the islamic term to its meaning...inshallah sisters will learn those important words for understanding lectures etc!!

We are trying to think of ideas, so I thought id ask you lovely lot!!!

Jazakallah

AAZ

:wasalam:

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

We did this in primary school, where you draw an object and you have to guess what it is, lol. Is that too childish?

Erm, how about where you all have to come up with 1 or 2 questions and you are given a number. Then the sister leading the class has to pick a number, so for example your number 4 and you have to pick a sister to ask your question to. And if they get it wrong you could have some funny dares they have to do. Credit goes to my lecturer who did this. (Although only a few people did the dares)

Inshallah that made sense, i cant really think of anything more than that. Inshallah thats what you meant and i didnt go off track.

Wasalam

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
Why not buying the "Qur'an challenge" I guess most of you know it!?
It costs 10 pounds but it's done very well mashaAllah.
They also sell "Hadith challenge"...I think it's really good for learning...InshaAllah

Rosheen

Sister in Islam
May I ask where this circle is?

I would love to join such a thing if there is one near me!

UmmOf3

Salam aleikum

If you need a topic for discussion, please do an evening on reverts and rights in marriage... About marriage contract, conditions stipulation, Mahr and so forth!

Globalpeace

Banned
Shura (When, Why & How)?

Asslamo Allaikum Sister,

Why not start with a bunch of silly-billy CHIT-CHAT sessions and let the direction develop as a semi-solid-structure based on consensus with Shura as everyone puts in their 2 pennies worth!

In my humble and unqualified opinion, a lot of these initiates develop with the most sincere of intentions and then taper off and fail because:

1. A view about the Halaqa is imposed on the group which is not really shared by the rest

2. The whole ummah has a serious problem with consistency so for the first few weeks its great and then human nature takes over i.e. enthusiasm dies out and because of 1; participants are not interested anymore

3. Unidirectional format and methodology! People “evolve” and want to do different things i.e. Sisters are interested in Niqab due to discussions in the media and the next they might want to talk about the SILLY COUPLE in Wife-swap!

I am a great FAN of Shura (consensus) between the relevant parties; West is just beginning to understand TEAM-PLAY while we were told 1400 years ago!

Those who hearken to their Lord, and establish regular Prayer; who (conduct) their affairs by mutual Consultation; who spend out of what We bestow on them for Sustenance; (42:38)

P.S: The more you SWEAT in peace; the less you BLEED in war.

For all civilians! It means practise, practise, and practise and have consistency!

P.P.S: Our households, mosques, communities seriously lack Shura!