Ideas for fundraising

Abu_Luqmann

Assalamualaikum,

We are in the process of re-building our mosque and are trying to figure out ways to raise funds. The projected cost is around £5 million. Anyone here who has any first hand experience regarding fundraising in UK? All ideas welcome.

Wassalam

Search4Truth

Hi. I'm in the UK too.

Is there any way you could host some sort of community fete or open day? If you could, then selling food, drinks and books might be an option.

Hmmm...I'm all out of ideas now. The mosque I attend got the money for new carpet through donations.

FreedomFighter

:wasalam:

^Agree. You could hold an open day where you sell all sorts of things, from food to clothes to books, and all the money go to the rebuilding of the mosque. £5 million sounds a lot, but if you are willing, you would get the money. From what little you have, you can multiply it to make it more. Books don't have to be brand new, second hand books, even second hand clothes could be of benefit to the poorer from the community. This alone may not raise the said amount, but it will God willing raise a large amount of the money. My class once had a similar event and we raised quite a good amount of money, way more than we expected.

Then you could also hold donations for the mosque. Everybody donating one or two bugs would eventually make it thousands. You could also request some donations from huge Islamic organizations to help in the rebuilding of the mosque. And then some help from embassies of Islamic countries in the UK may be of use.

All the best, may Allah give you all that you need for the rebuilding of the mosque.

Search4Truth

:wasalam:

^Agree. You could hold an open day where you sell all sorts of things, from food to clothes to books, and all the money go to the rebuilding of the mosque. £5 million sounds a lot, but if you are willing, you would get the money. From what little you have, you can multiply it to make it more. Books don't have to be brand new, second hand books, even second hand clothes could be of benefit to the poorer from the community. This alone may not raise the said amount, but it will God willing raise a large amount of the money. My class once had a similar event and we raised quite a good amount of money, way more than we expected.

Then you could also hold donations for the mosque. Everybody donating one or two bugs would eventually make it thousands. You could also request some donations from huge Islamic organizations to help in the rebuilding of the mosque. And then some help from embassies of Islamic countries in the UK may be of use.

All the best, may Allah give you all that you need for the rebuilding of the mosque.

:blackhijab:

It may be touchy, but one idea you could possibly use is perhaps mentioning the possibility of donations to people attending the mosque. Again, it doesn't have to be a HUGE amount per person but even a few pounds each could hundreds of pounds.
A collection box might be worth thinking about too. The mosque I attend did this, putting boxes in Islamic shops and other places where we knew people who would want to donate, such as my local halal cafe.

There might also be some international Islamic charities willing to help, as FreedomFighter says.