Ideas please.

Shannonx

:salam2:
At school, we're doing this project about genocides happening in the world (whether it'd be from the past or present). I'm going to do mine on Palestine. I'm going to be doing photography and digital art, but I don't know exactly what I should do. I have an idea for the photography part, but I don't know anybody who is from Palestine (or is Arab) so that kind of makes the idea I have pointless.

To portray what is happening to the Palestinians in a photograph, what should I do? Even if I just decide to do a collage, I want it to be good and get its point across.

If any of you have helpful idea i'll be happy to read them. Since if I do good on this, it'll be presented and will be seen by a lot of people. Sooo yeah :D

:wasalam:

elixbrody

Eli/Sister
Well I'm not from Palestine, but I'm a graphic design student, so I get your work, digital art will be a very good idea and a collage is better, try to do it like in a chronological order so they get the idea of what's going on and what you are trying to say, you can do a collage with the shape of something I did that once and it worked, try to get sharp eye catching images.
And if you do decide on a collage use Addobe Photoshop
If you ned anyting pm me :)

Faisal_01

Art is my Expression
At school, we're doing this project about genocides happening in the world (whether it'd be from the past or present). I'm going to do mine on Palestine. I'm going to be doing photography and digital art, but I don't know exactly what I should do. I have an idea for the photography part, but I don't know anybody who is from Palestine (or is Arab) so that kind of makes the idea I have pointless.

To portray what is happening to the Palestinians in a photograph, what should I do? Even if I just decide to do a collage, I want it to be good and get its point across.

If any of you have helpful idea i'll be happy to read them. Since if I do good on this, it'll be presented and will be seen by a lot of people. Sooo yeah :D

I never was a fan of collages from photographs. It's too busy for my taste. I've always done slide shows with mid-high contrast black and whites to show the negative emotion of pictures. Try using a wide black or white border around each image with a small message written to the bottom to convey the message of each image. After that finish it off with a strong message that ties the whole presentation together. That's usually how I did my projects for my clients. It's can be pretty simple, but it gets the message across and sometimes it tends to look a lot better than other photographs with a lot of color.

I recommend doing a photography storyboard. If you choose to do that, you won't need a message for each image because it will visually tell the story. In the end, for an extra touch, add in that strong message to tie the whole story together and to get your point across.