''If he said that, then he spoke the truth.''

salahdin

بِسۡمِ ٱللهِ ٱلرَّحۡمَـٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ

Abu Bakr Al Seddeeq: ''If he said that, then he spoke the truth.''

At dawn, the Prophet (pbuh) sat in the Sacred Mosque* saying grace and praying to Allah (swt). Abu Jahl, a well known enemy of the Prophet and Islam, spotted Muhammad and approached him. He said in a tone of mockery and arrogance ?Anything new, O Muhammad?? The Prophet (pbuh) said ?I have been taken on a journey last night..?

Abu Jahl laughed and said in ridicule ?Where to?? The Prophet said ?To the Farthest Mosque**.? Abu Jahl stopped laughing and came closer to the Prophet and whispered to him in denial ?You were taken on a journey to the Farthest Mosque? And this morning you?re here?? He smiled and asked, ?O Muhammad, if I gather the people would you tell them what you have just told me?? The Prophet said ?Yes?I would.? Abu Jahl raced to gather the people and tell them what Muhammad (pbuh) had told him. The people gathered and stood in contempt and whispered in denial of what the Prophet had told Abu Jahl. Meanwhile, a few men went around looking for Abu Bakr. They told him what his friend (Muhammad, pbuh) had said hoping to separate the two friends and that Abu Bakr would not believe Muhammad. Abu Bakr said ?If he said that, then he spoke the truth. I say this because I believe him in things more serious than this. I believe that he receives revelations from Allah (and that he is Allah?s messenger). Shall I not believe him on his journey to the Farthest Mosque?? Abu Bakr left them and raced to the Prophet?s house. The other Muslims were gathered around the Prophet listening to the description of the Farthest Mosque. And every time the Prophet would say something, Abu Bakr would say ?True, True.? (?Sadakt, sadakt.?) Since that day, the Prophet has called Abu Bakr: ?Al-Seddeeq? or ?The Truthful.? Source:Translated from "100 Stories from the Life of Abu Bakr Al-Seddeeq" by Muhammad Sedeeq Al Minshawi, Dar Al Fadeela Publishing, 2002.

*The Sacred Mosque is the Ka?ba at Makkah.
**The Farthest Mosque, known as Masjid-ul-Aqsa, is located on the hill of Moriah in Jerusalem at or near which stands the Dome of the Rock.

stargazer

Clear Skies!
One of the lines of Seerah of Prophet that I always loved to read.

If he said it, then he spoke the truth.