If I am forced to commit a Haraam act, am I to blame?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Assalamu Alaykum
In school, we have a Chorus program that I'm [unfortunatly] am enrolled in. The music we sing in no way benefits me, there are female singers (who sometimes get a little flirty) and we sing along with a piano. All Haraam actions. Nothing about that class is Halal besides the fact that I'm living (and if the only other boy is absent, I'll be forced to touch hands with a non-Mahram girl, another Haraam action).

I've asked my Guidance Counselor twice if I can be removed from that class. Before she asked me the reason why (which I've stated as "I just hate that class"), she said that it's too late to switch to another music program (I HAVE to be in a music program...stupid kuffar schools). Thus, I cannot simply request to be removed from the class (which is the answer I've gotten when I've asked this question before).

I had the option of asking my Guidance Counselor earlier to quit the class, but I did not because of two reasons:

1) I didn't know that I could ask the Guidance Counselor

2) Because of reason 1, I was too afraid to ask the Chorus teacher since he is on the mean side by a mile

Am I sinning by being forced to listen to/sing music? I could just stop singing and instead just talk the words pretending that I can't sing, but there are only 6 kids in my class (including myself) and he'll catch me if I don't sing/mumble.

To be honest, this is a MAJOR reason why I held on to the false premise that musical instruments/singing along with Haraam musical insturments was Halal. I knew that, because I couldn't quit this class, I would be sinning had I adopted that mentality (which I have).

I know I've asked this question before, but I've only recieved answers such as "just ask to quit" which I have proven is impossible.

JazakAllahu Khair.

Hannah123

One Truth
Salaam Brother,
Can't you just say that it's because of your religion and enlighten your guidance counselor on why you can't participate in this class? In reality they can in no way make you stay in that class if it is against your religion. Sorry if i'm not much help. And also Allaah is the Most Merciful and Most Forgiving.
your sister,
Hannah

Steve940

Asalamu alaikum,
I'm not sure if it's haram or halal, but if it was me, I would refuse to take part in this. Undoubtably this is haram, and something that shouldn't be performed by any muslim. We are on the true path of Allah, and he is the only one that we should fear, not a teacher or administration. We have the obligation to obey Allah and put our trust in him. You live in the USA, and it is a basic part of the constitution to have religious freedom. This class is obviously haram, and you should not be forced to participate.

I don't know what else to say then put your trust in Allah and pray that he will make this easy for you.
Asalamu alaikum

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
:salam2:

I really don't know what to say apart from give the Counselor the real reason why you cannot participate in this class. If that doesn't yield any positive results, I don't know what else you can do. Just remember, Allah can see you are trying your best to overcome these difficulties.

:wasalam:

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
:salam2: Don't sing and stay strong bro. Listen and do what sister Hannah said. (If it doen't work, or they don't care or listen, do what I'm saying.)

If the teacher forces you to sing, say No and be firm and strong! Ew, your gonna have to do that thing like the other boy? Just hope he isn't absent. Tell your counselor to get you out of class. If none works be rebellious! Long live Jihad! The teacher yells at you to sing, say loud and clear and shout no. Be rebellious bro! This is what Jihad REALLY is for young and striving/pious muslims. Do it for Allah! Do it for your Ummah! One thing can change the other muslims! Be strong and don't give up!
And don't transfer either, stand high bro and fight for the way to Allah! Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar! Fight brother fight! The teach stands in front of you and raises his voice, you raise yours! Fight for Allah! Fight for Allah! Man, the Chorus is soo Haram!:astag: :astag: Man that's disgusting! Go bro go! Punch them in the face! (not literally, fight back) Hope Allah gives you help! Stay Strong Stay Strong! Long live Jihad!
-Assalamu Alykum

MubarekMuslimah

Salaams

I would tell your guidanced counsellor the real reason you cannot be part of the class anymore - that it is against your religion and contains elements of sin for you. They will undoubtedly ask why it is a problem now and why it wasn't before? explain politely and calmly that you have researched more into this now and your understanding and knowledge of this is better and it makes you very uncomfortable to be part of the class. Explain that you are not being a difficult student and that you were in 2 minds whether to say anything cos you were nervous of the response you would get, but its been preying on your mind alot and you simply can't take part in the class anymore. None of that is lies, its honest truth.

If that fails ( I doubt it will) then simply do not turn up to class. What are they going to do - come find you, pick you up and put you in there? The worst they can do is fail you - which given that you have requested to be taken out of the class already and were not allowed, would be a pretty mean thing to do - but what is worse, a fail on a class you don't enjoy or benefits you, or the knowledge that you are commiting haraam (albeit against your will)? If you can tell your parents and they can support you I would do this too insha'allah, cos schools alwasy have to pay attention to parents! lol.

do your best to get out of the class this way - with honesty and persistance, It is better for you. And remember that this is a test from Allah swt and He knows your intention ( that you are not happy and trying to stop it) and insha'allah all will be well.:tti_sister:

Salaams

Praise2Allah

Salam Alaikom, no brother dont worry, its halal. In Islam, if you're forced to do something, then its okay. As long as you still believe its haram of course, then its allowed, even major sins are allowed if you're forced. The prophet peace be upon him also allowed his companions to say that they left Islam if they were going to get killed and were afraid to die. Islam is a mercy to the entire world, so dont worry, Allah is merciful :)

Praise2Allah

Also:

Book 032, Number 6242:

Abu Sa'id and abu Huraira reported that they heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Never a believer is stricken with discomfort, hardship or illness, grief or even with mental worry that his sins are not expiated for him.

So inshAllah also your sins are gonna be expiated for you for your worrying about commiting this sin! See! In the end, all is good as long as your intention is good =) Subhan Allah!