TurnToIslam If you want to know@tti

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Yahoo! was originally called 'Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web.'

In January 1994, Yang and Filo were electrical engineering graduate students at Stanford University when they created a website named "Jerry and David's guide to the World Wide Web". The site was a directory of other websites, organized in a hierarchy, as opposed to a searchable index of pages. In March 1994, "Jerry and David's Guide to the World Wide Web" was renamed "Yahoo!" The "yahoo.com" domain was created on January 18, 1995.

The word "yahoo" is an acronym for "Yet Another Hierarchical Officious Oracle". The term "hierarchical" described how the Yahoo database was arranged in layers of subcategories. The term "oracle" was intended to mean "source of truth and wisdom", and the term "officious", rather than being related to the word's normal meaning, described the many office workers who would use the Yahoo database while surfing from work. However, Filo and Yang insist they mainly selected the name because they liked the slang definition of a "yahoo" (used by college students in David Filo's native Louisiana in the late 1980s and early 1990s to refer to an unsophisticated, rural Southerner): "rude, unsophisticated, uncouth." Filo's college girlfriend often referred to Filo as a "yahoo." This meaning derives from the Yahoo race of fictional beings from Gulliver's Travels.

^^ This I found from wikipedia and it comes from:

"Wiki" means quick in Hawaiian. The Wiki Wiki Bus is Honolulu International Airport's shuttle, and has shuttled people between the Main Terminal and the Domestic/International Terminals since the mid-1960s.

The "pedia" part is from the word encyclopedia.
Wikipedia, then, means ----> quick encyclopedia

Some people believe wiki stands for "What I Know Is" but that is a false acronym.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Approximately one-third of the population can't snap their fingers.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa baraatuhu

SubhanAllah, I did not knew this. I can snap my fingers, Alhamdulilah. : )

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatulah wa barakatuhu

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
^^ I can´t. What is wrong with my fingers? :( I wonder is there some physical reason why some can and some can´t.

Last edited:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
[quote="sister herb [/quote]
awesome,
Thanks for sharing those info sis. :) jazakallah khair .

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
The heaviest person ever recorded is Jon Brower Minnoch, who at his peak weighed more than 1,400 pounds.

Conversion 1400 Pounds (lb) = 635.02932 Kilograms (kg)

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
Martin Cooper invented the first mobile phone in 1973. It weighed 2.5 pounds, had a talk time of 30 minutes and took 10 hours to recharge.