iftar time clarification pls help

kiks

Assalamu alaykum brothers and sisters

I'm living in a place where there is no adhan because almost everyone is a christian and I'm a revert. I'm fasting and my question is about iftar. What I do is lookup in the internet the time of sunset here in our country and that's when I break my fast.

But if I look out the window it's not too dark but there's no already no sun. I also use islamicfinder.org and it says that maghrib prayer coincides with the sunset here. So am I doing it right? I don't want to delay my fast just to be sure because I understand that you should break your fast as soon as possible and delaying it won't help.

allah is with me

Rabana Wa laqal Hamd
Iftar, refers to the evening meal for breaking the daily fast during the Islamic month of Ramadan. Or a meal served at the end of the fasting day during Ramadan, to break the day's fast. Literally, "breakfast." Iftar during Ramadan is often done as a community, with Muslims gathering to break their fast together.

The time for Iftar is 12 to 15 minutes after Sunset. It is better to offer 'Magrib salat' and then break one's fast, preferably with water, milk or dates.

The following Dua may be recited at the time of breaking one's fast:

supplication

ALLAAHUMMA LAKA S'UMTU WA A'LAA RIZQIKA AFT'ARTU WA A'LAYKA TAWAWKKALTU

O my Allah, for Thee, I fast, and with the food Thou gives me I break the fast, and I rely on Thee

Ameer ul-Moomineen Ali Ibne Abi Taalib (A.S.) used to recite the following du'a before Iftaar:

supplication

BISMILLAAH ALLAAHUMMA LAKA S'UMNAA WA A'LAA RIZQIKA AFT'ARNAA FA-TAQABBAL MINNAA INNAKA ANTAS SAMEE-U'L A'LEEM

In the name of Allah, O Allah, we fast, and with the food Thou gives us we break the fast, an obligation we fulfill, and Thou art Hearer, Knower

While taking the first mouthful recite:

supplication

BISMILLAAHIR RAH'MAANIR RAH'EEM YAA WAASI-A'L MAGHFIRATI IGHFIR LEE

In the name of Allah, the Beneficent, the Merciful, O He whose indulgence is boundless, forgive me

Recite Soorah Al-Qadr and give alms in the name of Allah (SWT).
Power of Dua at the time of Iftaar, Iftaree (Fast breaking during Ramadan)

Does God Exist? If Not Then Who Else Answer Our Prayers?Once Prophet Moosa / Musa / Moses (peace be upon him) asked Almighty Allah (SWT): O Allah! You have granted me the honor and privilege of talking to you directly, Have you given this privilege to any other person? Almighty Allah (SWT) replied, O Moosa / Musa / Moses during the last period I am going to send an Ummat / Ummah (Community or Nation), who will be the Ummat / Ummah (Community or Nation) of Muhammad (SAW) with dry lips, parched tongues, emaciated body with eyes sunken deep into their sockets, with livers dry and stomachs suffering the pangs of hunger - will call out to me (in dua) they will be much much closer to me than you O Moosa / Musa / Moses! While you speak to me there are 70000 veils between you and me but at the time of iftaar there will not be a single veil between me and the fasting Ummati of Muhammad (SAW). O Moosa / Musa / Moses I have taken upon myself the responsibility that at the time of iftaar I will never refuse the dua of a fasting person!

KEEP YOURSELF OCCUPIED WITH DUA BEFORE BREAKING YOUR FAST

..i guess it helps you...

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

I'm living in a place where there is no adhan because almost everyone is a christian and I'm a revert. I'm fasting and my question is about iftar. What I do is lookup in the internet the time of sunset here in our country and that's when I break my fast.

But if I look out the window it's not too dark but there's no already no sun. I also use islamicfinder.org and it says that maghrib prayer coincides with the sunset here. So am I doing it right? I don't want to delay my fast just to be sure because I understand that you should break your fast as soon as possible and delaying it won't help.

as u r using Adhan software for maghrib prayer, inshallah it will be fine to break ur fast when time for maghrib adhan comes.

not too sure though.

Allah knows best

NourAlDeen

Asalamu aleikum wr wb.

MashaALLAH that you try to do your best ..
Here in this website http://www.islamicfinder.org/athanDownload.php you can dowload Adhan sofware.. May Allah azawajal rewarded for trying.. Aaameeen!!:tti_sister:

cuibono

I life in Norway and we break owr fast before it is dark and the reason is that we life near north pole and it will not get dark after sunset, it will take some time. so if u life far north or south then dont worry breaking owr fast before it gets dark.

Allah knows best.

MzAmerykah

:salam2:

I do the same thing. Remember that sunset doesn't mean complete darkness; rather it is when the sun passes the horizon. There may still be remnants of light in the sky (orange glow) after the sun has set.

This is information that I came across:

"Then complete the fasting until the night" [Baqarah 2:187]

The Messenger of Allah (S) explained this to mean the coming of the night and the going away of the day and when the disk of the sun disappears.

Hastening the breaking of the fast
People of Eemaan! It is important to hasten breaking the fast as soon as the sun sets because this was the practice of the Messenger of Allah (T) and his companions.

'Amrun Ibn Maimoon Al-Awdee said: "The companions of the Messenger were the fastest people to break the fast (at Maghrib) and the last to eat the Sahoor (i.e. they used to try to take it at the last possible moment)." [Abdur Razaak in the Mussanaf]

Hastening to break the fast also has other benefits that can be included under this heading.

Hastening to break the fast earns good
Sahl Ibn Sa'd (R) said that the Messenger (S) of Allah (T) said: "The people will continue to be in good condition as long as they hasten to break the fast." [Bukhaaree and Muslim]

To hasten the breaking of the fast is the Sunnah of the Messenger (S)
If the Muslims hasten the breaking of the fast this would help them to keep on the Sunnah and they would be following the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) who followed it. It is known that the person who holds unto the Sunnah will never go astray.

Sahl Ibn Sa'ad said that the Messenger (S) of Allah (T) said: "My nation would continue to be on my Sunnah as long as they do not wait for the stars to come out before breaking the fast." [Ibn Hibbaan]

Hastening the breaking of the fast is a way to he different from the Astray (the Christians) and those whom Allah is angry with (the Jews)
If people will remain on what is good because they hold on to the Sunnah of the Messenger of Allah (T), then if they leave this way and follow the Christians and the Jews they would definitely lose the good benefits. This is established in the following Hadeeth. Abu Huraira (R) said that the Messenger of Allah (T) said: "The Deen will be uppermost/manifest as long as the people hasten to break their fast because the Jews and the Christians delay (it)." [Abu Dawood and Ibn Hibbaan]

From the above Hadeeth we must not think that our practising this hadeeth alone would be responsible for the Deen to be manifest. This hadeeth must be understood along with all those verses from the Quraan and the Hadeeth of the Messenger (S) that deal with the issue of being different from the disbelieving people.

Breaking the fast before the Maghrib Salaat
It is reported that "The Messenger of Allah (T) used to break his fast before the Maghrib Salaat." [Ahmad and Abu Dawood]

Abu Dardaa said: "There are three signs of prophethood, hastening the breaking of the fast, delaying the Sahoor and placing the right hand on the Ieft hand in the Salaat." [Tabaraanee]"