Illegitimate children in Islam...?

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
As Salaamu Alaykum
I myself am, unfortunatly, an illegitimate child. I've also read that a sign of the End Times would be an abundance of illegitimate children (along with other bad things).

In the Bible, I am forbidden to "enter the Kingdom of God" because I am illegitimate (I've found this out recently). In some societies, I am banned from doing certain things (though this is happening less and less around the world). I've even heard stories about some Muslims insulting illegitimates because they were illegitimate!

My question is: is this true in Islam? I know the Prophet :)saw:) says that all races are equal, but what about illegitimate children and legitimate children? Am I to blame because of the sin of my parents? Will Allah not allow me to be Muslim because of this?

JazakAllahu Khair.

proud2bemuslim

ALLAH HU AKBAR
:salam2:

Answered by Sheikh al-Sharîf Hâtim al-`Awnî

An indisputable tenet of our Islamic faith is that no person will share in the sin of another unless that person was directly involved in encouraging or assisting the other person to commit the sin.

Allah says: “That no soul shall bear the burden of another and that a person shall have nothing but what he strives for” [Sûrah al-Najm: 38-39]

Allah says: “On no soul does Allah place a burden greater than it can bear. It shall have the good that it earns, and against it shall be the ill that it earns.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 286]

He also says “They were a people who have gone before. They shall have the fruits of what they earned and you shall have the fruits of what you earn, and you will not be asked about what they used to do.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 134 and 141]

For this reason, it is authentically related that `Â’ishah said regarding the child born of adultery: “He shares in nothing of the sin of his parents, for Allah says ‘no soul shall bear the burden of another’.” [Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (13860,13861) and Musannaf Ibn `Abî Shaybah (12543)]

It is also authentically related from Ibn `Abbâs that upon hearing someone say ‘The child of adultery is the worst of the three parties’, that he severely condemned the statement and said: “If he were the worst of the three parties, then the punishment of his mother would not be postponed until after he is born.” [Ibn `Abd al-Barr, al-Tamhîd (24/135-136) and al-Istidhkâr (23/175)]

Ibn `Abbâs also said: “He is the best of the three parties.” [Musannaf `Abd al-Razzâq (13863)]

The statement “The child of adultery is the worst of the three parties” is a hadîth. However, it is extremely weak, as stated by Ibn al-Jawzî in al-`Ilal al-Mutanâhiyah (1282-1283).

As for the hadîth: “The child of illicit sexual intercourse shall not enter Paradise”, I am aware of no authentic chain of transmission for it. All of its lines of transmission are defective. This is in spite of some scholars declaring it to be an authentic hadîth, like Ibn Hibbân [Sahîh Ibn Hibbân (3383,3384)] and al-Albâni [Silsilah al-Ahâdîth al-Sahîhah (673)]

Ibn al-Jawzî declared the hadîth to be a fabrication [al-Mawdû`ât (1561-1566)] Al-Dâraqûtnî ruled that the hadîth is inconsistent. Ibn Hajar al-`Asqalânî declared it to be weak. A thorough discussion about the matter would be lengthy.

Scholars agree that if even if the hadîth were to be construed as authentic, it is not to be taken on its apparent meaning, because it contradicts the indisputable tenet of our faith that no soul shall bear the sin of another. Those who accepted the hadîth have offered numerous possible interpretations for it.

Possibly the best of these interpretations is the one suggested by al-Tahâwî in Bayân Mushkil al-Ahâdîth (2/372-373)] he points out that the phrase “child of illicit sexual intercourse” refers to someone who commits illicit sexual intercourse so often and so habitually as to have the action attributed to him.

Al-Tahâwî points out that this is an established convention of the Arabic language. People who are consumed with their worldly affairs are called “children of the world” and a traveler is referred to in Arabic “a child of the road”. Al-Tahâwî then cites certain verses of classical poetry as linguistic evidence for this usage of the phrase “child of illicit sexual intercourse” (walad al-zanyah).

And Allah knows best.

------------------------

Question: If a man and a woman commit adultery and a child is born as a result, is that child cursed?

Answered by: Sheikh `Abd al-Wahhâb al-Turayrî, former Professor at al-Imâm University

The idea that an innocent child would be cursed is diametrically opposed to Islamic teachings. Allah says: “No soul shall bear the burden of another.” [Sûrah al-Najm: 38]

Each child is born innocent and guiltless. How could Allah curse a child who has done nothing wrong? The child had nothing to do with what his father or mother did. The sin is entirely that of the parents. There is no sin whatsoever on the child.

The child may not be called a “bastard”. He may not even be referred to as “illegitimate” with the intention to derogate him.

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Ruling on illegitimate children

Ruling on illegitimate children​
Question:
Can an illegitimate person enter Paradise if he obeys Allaah? Is there any sin on him or not?

Answer:

An illegitimate child does not bear any sin because of his parents’ having committed the sin of zinaa (unlawful sexual intercourse), because that was not of his doing. They bear their own sin, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meanings):

“… He gets reward for that (good) which he has earned, and he is punished for that (evil) which he has earned…” [al-Baqarah 2:286]

“… no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another…” [al-An’aam 6:164]

With regard to his ultimate destiny, the illegitimate person is like anyone else: if he obeys Allaah and does righteous deeds, and dies as a Muslim, then Paradise will be his; if he disobeys Allaah and dies as a kaafir, then he will be one of the people of Hell. If he mixes righteous deeds and bad deeds, and dies as a Muslim, then his fate is up to Allaah: if He wills, He will forgive him, if He wills, He will punish him, and his eventual admission to Paradise will be by the Grace and Mercy of Allaah. As for the hadeeth which says that an illegitimate person will not enter Paradise, this is a fabrication (falsely attributed to the Prophet SAWS (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him)). And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Islamiyyah li’l-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, 522.

Abu Abdullah Al

Allah looks into our hearts

Our religion is based on common sense and Allah's mercy is so great it will extend to include all of us inshallah. Dear brother, Allah does not punish anyone for a sin committed by someone else. Our prophet SAW welcomed all comers to Islam without asking about their origin, status, colour etc..Allah will judge you and judge us according to our deeds in this world and therefore let us pray that Allah wil accept our good intentions. Try not to allow these doubts affect the way you approach your religion. Allah is great and prefers the strong believers amongst the faithful. Our faith in allah give us the strength needed. lets ask Allah to guide us and give us strength.
ربنا لا تؤاخذنا ان نسينا او اخطانا ربنا ولا تحمل علينا اصرا كما حملته على الذين من قبلنا ربنا ولا تحملنا ما لاطاقة لنا به واعف عنا واغفر لنا وارحمنا انت مولانا فانصرنا على القوم الكافرين

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
Walaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullah wa BarakAllah
JazakAllahu Khair for your posts! I was getting afraid about that, but you guys cleared it up for me. Thank you, and may Allah bless you all with Jannah.
Wasalam

Happy 2BA Muslim

Islamophilic
Shaykh Ibn Baaz (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked about a man who married his daughter to a person who was apparently illegitimate – what was the ruling on that? He answered as follows:

“If he is Muslim, then the marriage is sound, because the sin of his mother and the one who committed zina with her does not rest on him. Allaah says ‘and no bearer of burdens shall bear the burden of another’ [al-An’aam 6:164 – interpretation of the meaning]. And there is no shame on him because of their action, if he adheres steadfastly to the religion of Allaah and develops good characteristics, because Allaah says

‘O mankind! We have created you from a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that you may know one another. Verily, the most honourable of you with Allaah is that (believer) who has At-Taqwa [i.e. he is one of the Muttaqoon (the pious)]. Verily, Allaah is All-Knowing, All-Aware’

[al-Hujuraat 49:13]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said, when he was asked who is the most noble of people, ‘Those who are most pious.’ And he (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: ‘If a person’s actions make him less worthy than others, his lineage will not make him more worthy.’”

From Fataawa Islamiyyah, 3/166.

May Allah make you and me and everyone else in this forum amongst the most pious.

One_Umma

As Salaamu Alaykum
I myself am, unfortunatly, an illegitimate child. I've also read that a sign of the End Times would be an abundance of illegitimate children (along with other bad things).

In the Bible, I am forbidden to "enter the Kingdom of God" because I am illegitimate (I've found this out recently). In some societies, I am banned from doing certain things (though this is happening less and less around the world). I've even heard stories about some Muslims insulting illegitimates because they were illegitimate!

My question is: is this true in Islam? I know the Prophet :)saw:) says that all races are equal, but what about illegitimate children and legitimate children? Am I to blame because of the sin of my parents? Will Allah not allow me to be Muslim because of this?

JazakAllahu Khair.

If you find some Muslim like above ..plz refer it to me..I know very well how to fix his mind...lOVE U BROTHER.

hambaAllah

:bismillah:

My foster mother told me many years ago that when she first wanted to adopted me from the social welfare home, one of the staff kind of "try to discourage her". Saying,, since im an abandoned child with no birth certificate to prove that im a legitimate child,,,for i only have my name but no bint :SMILY23::SMILY23: but :salah: :tti_sister: Alhamdullilah she proceeds with it,,,:salah: :tti_sister: May Allah swt blessed them for their kindness, forgives them for their sins and give them a place in Jannah,, :inshallah: Our society once believes if ur an illegimate you will be curse for at least 7 generations and whatever good deeds not acceptable including ur hajj pilgrimage,,,tks goodness with better exposure to religious knowledge these believes got buried.

:wasalam: :hijabi:

Globalpeace

Banned
Adopting Children!

Asslamo Allaikum,

I have put a thread in the past about adopting Muslim children in the West because the situation is dire...

A lot of these children are Illegitimate due to HARAM religionships but growing up outside of the loving care of a family (I emphasize Muslim family) is even worse.

unfortunately we as a couple are unable to do so but I do have friends who have adopoted children (Masha'Allah) & most of them are Illegitimate

Islam doesn't demonise a child due to his/her legitimtacy; however Islam doesn't encourage this phenomenon either as it wants to discourage the growth of such children in the society...

I personally beleive this to be a very balanced approach.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Walaykum Salaam wa Rahmatullah wa BarakAllah
JazakAllahu Khair for your posts! I was getting afraid about that, but you guys cleared it up for me. Thank you, and may Allah bless you all with Jannah.
Wasalam

AssalaamuAlaikum,

While the answer to your question is given by brothers and sisters. I would say, you do not need to feel any kind of inferiority as compared to other Muslims just becuase you are illegitimate. For Allah SWT the scale of inferiority or superiority is 'Taqwah' (piety and modesty). You could only feel infirior to other Muslims thinking that they are earning more reward from Allah SWT by their good deeds, this feeling will rather motivate you to do more efforts in the way of the Merciful.

Wassalaam,
VE

Imad

Assalamoalaikoem warahmatullahi wbarakatuh,

alhamdullilah, keep always in your mind: " Allah wrongs not"

إِنَّ اللّهَ لاَ يَظْلِمُ مِثْقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ وَإِن تَكُ حَسَنَةً يُضَاعِفْهَا وَيُؤْتِ مِن لَّدُنْهُ أَجْرًا عَظِيمًاِ
Surely! Allâh wrongs not even of the weight of an atom (or a small ant), but if there is any good (done), He doubles it, and gives from Him a great reward.

مَن جَاء بِالْحَسَنَةِ فَلَهُ عَشْرُ أَمْثَالِهَا وَمَن جَاء بِالسَّيِّئَةِ فَلاَ يُجْزَى إِلاَّ مِثْلَهَا وَهُمْ لاَ يُظْلَمُونَِ
Whoever brings a good deed (Islâmic Monotheism and deeds of obedience to Allâh and His Messenger SAW) shall have ten times the like thereof to his credit, and whoever brings an evil deed (polytheism, disbelief, hypocrisy, and deeds of disobedience to Allâh and His Messenger SAW) shall have only the recompense of the like thereof, and they will not be wronged

يَوْمَ تَأْتِي كُلُّ نَفْسٍ تُجَادِلُ عَن نَّفْسِهَا وَتُوَفَّى كُلُّ نَفْسٍ مَّا عَمِلَتْ وَهُمْ لاَ يُظْلَمُونَِ
(Remember) the Day when every person will come up pleading for himself, and every one will be paid in full for what he did (good or evil, belief or disbelief in the life of this world) and they will not be dealt with unjustly.

يَوْمَ نَدْعُو كُلَّ أُنَاسٍ بِإِمَامِهِمْ فَمَنْ أُوتِيَ كِتَابَهُ بِيَمِينِهِ فَأُوْلَـئِكَ يَقْرَؤُونَ كِتَابَهُمْ وَلاَ يُظْلَمُونَ فَتِيلاًِ
(And remember) the Day when We shall call together all human beings with their (respective) Imâm [their Prophets, or their records of good and bad deeds, or their Holy Books like the Qur'ân, the Taurât (Torah), the Injeel (Gospel), etc.]. So whosoever is given his record in his right hand, such will read their records, and they will not be dealt with unjustly in the least.

وَلَا نُكَلِّفُ نَفْسًا إِلَّا وُسْعَهَا وَلَدَيْنَا كِتَابٌ يَنطِقُ بِالْحَقِّ وَهُمْ لَا يُظْلَمُونَِ
And We tax not any person except according to his capacity, and with Us is a Record which speaks the truth, and they will not be wronged.

وَلِكُلِّ أُمَّةٍ رَّسُولٌ فَإِذَا جَاء رَسُولُهُمْ قُضِيَ بَيْنَهُم بِالْقِسْطِ وَهُمْ لاَ يُظْلَمُونَِ
And for every Ummah (a community or a nation), there is a Messenger; when their Messenger comes, the matter will be judged between them with justice, and they will not be wronged.

and more and more.

Take care my dear brother NewMuslim. I ask Allah Subhanahu wat3ala to unite us in Jana. Don't forget me insha Allah to invite me in paradise If Allah with His mercy allowed us to enter paradise :shake:

Wassalmoelaikoem warahmatullahi wabarakatuh