I'm still fasting today in canada

Amirah20

Salam

ISNA is a joke? I'm glad to you're informed? How can you call scholars and islamic speakers and its comprising groups of Mosques a joke and expected to be taken seriously? :)

Regardless the ISNA fiqhi council have made a commendable argument for why they should use calculation and astronomical evidence for the moonsighting. Do you realize their is actually 4 opinion or 4 camps on this matter and its not as easy as you claim it is? Don't have such a myopic or narrowminded stance to totally disregard the works of honest ulema who have decided to use astronomical instruments and instead claim they are totally wrong and a "joke". We are not living 1400 years ago when the muslim ummah was situated in Medina and Mekkah and in same time zone? Muslims communities are spread across the world seperated by dozens of timezones and distances. How are the Muslim community going to follow the moon sighting in saudi when it is day in Canada? If you take the verse from the quran which says you must see it physically then its quite difficult to follow saudi's time...you want us also to pray using their schedules timing? Its definetly more complex and i believe the issue will be resolved...in my opinion i agree that fiqhi council who have decided to use astronomical calculations to find the moonsighting are backed up by the Quran and Sunnah and history. Do you realize that early Muslim empires used to practise local moonsighting in determing when is Ramadan>

however, i also say the universal moon sighting also has a strong claim and shouldn't be ignored.

"The most important thing, I feel, is that all Muslims recognize that both opinions (i.e. universal moon sighting and local moon sighting) are valid fiqh opinions that come from qualified Muslim 'ulama with proofs from the Qur'an and Sunnah" ---its how we intrepret it

But to be objective here is an article which advances many strong arguments why the moon sighting should be universal as opposed to local.
http://www.mereislam.info/2004/10/some-thoughts-on-moon-sighting.html

• The Qur'an, the Sunnah and our blessed 'ulama place a great deal of emphasis on the unity of the Muslim Ummah. Therefore, it seems to me that if you have two equally valid fiqh opinions, the one which promotes and encourages the unity of the Ummah should be implemented.

But my point is that both are valid points and let the priveleged and praised scholars resolve the issue inshallah

www.isna.ca may you can learn about the people you call a joke :)

Thanks for the ISNA 101 lesson but I know all I need to know about them since they have some of the most *edit*hypocrites (and I’m not speaking out of ignorance since I know people from ISNA). And by me calling them a “joke” I am in no shape of form criticizing the ulema ISNA sponsors so please don’t put words in my mouth. And I know the time zone differences I’m not an idiot. Like I said I DON’T just follow Saudi. Saudi had their Eid on Thursday so therefore its Friday for us. My concerns are how people of the west ALWAYS argue over and have split decisions on when to celebrate Eid or Ramadan.

BrotherZak

Salam Alakum

You didn't address any of the points raised and why scholar say both opinions are valid. But instead you've decided to call scholars hyprocrites and "jokes" because they disagreed with your opinion. I posted articles for you to read and i posted the isna webpage so you can refrain calling other people names and strip yourself from your myopic world view.

Sister the fact that you called Isna hyprocrites is as bad as the action you accused them of...