IMPORTANT PLEASE HELP!

submitter2Allah

A.Aleykum bros&sisters.
I need your advice concerning a certain issue and may Allah bless you all abanduntly.You see i understand that prayer is a must&their is no comprise.Every night i sleep with the intention of waking up for Fajr.But Shaytan always overpowers me i ignore the alarm&continue to sleep.I would like 2 knw what i can do to ensure i don't miss my morning prayers.Jazakallah Khayran.

stiks

Amatur-Rahman
:wasalam:

Fajr Prayer

The fajr (dawn) prayer is amongst the most important acts of worship, being one of the five obligatory prayers. Unfortunately many of us have become so used to missing it at its prescribed time – which ends at sunrise - that we have forgotten its position in our religion, and barely feel anything is wrong when we wake up in the morning for work or school without having performed the fajr prayer. On the other hand, if one of us was to miss a job interview or a flight, we all know how disappointed he or she would feel. Therefore I thought I’d prepare this article as a reminder to myself first, then to all my brothers and sisters.

Muslims should know the great status of fajr in the sight of Allah. Allah (SWT) says (interpretation of the meaning) “Establish regular prayers at the sun's decline till the darkness of the night, and the recital of the Qur’an in the fajr prayer, for the recital of the fajr is witnessed” (Al-Israa 17:78) In addition, the Prophet (PBUH) said: “Whoever prays the fajr prayer in congregation, it is as if he (or she) had prayed the whole night long.” [Muslim & Tirmidhi]. Now, to show the seriousness of missing this prayer, we present the Hadeeth of the Prophet (PBUH) “The most burdensome prayers for the hypocrites are ishaa and fajr, but if they only knew what they contain, they would come even if they had to crawl.” [Ahmad]
The practical aspect of dealing with the problem includes a number of steps which we can take in order to get used to praying fajr regularly in congregation:

* Having a sincere intention and being determined, when going to sleep, that you will get up for fajr

* Remembering Allaah as soon as you wake up. Allah's Apostle (PBUH) said, "During your sleep, Satan knots three knots at the back of the head of each of you, and he breathes the following words at each knot, 'The night is long, so keep on sleeping.' If that person wakes up and remembers Allah, then one knot is undone. When he (or she) performs ablution (wudu) the second knot is undone. And when he (she) prays, all the knots are undone, and he (she) gets up in the morning lively and in a good mood, otherwise he (she) gets up dull and gloomy." [Bukhary]

* Sleeping early. According to an authentic Hadeeth, the Prophet (PBUH) used to dislike sleeping before ishaa and talking after it. The kind of talk that is discouraged in this case, as the commentators explain, is that in which there is no clear benefit. However, if it is for good reason, such as studying, speaking to a guest, or spending time with one’s family, then there is nothing wrong with it. This has no connection with the reasons for which many people stay up late nowadays, to do wrong and commit sins.

* Family members should encourage one another, and likewise roommates sharing the same apartment.

* If you know a friend who normally wakes up on time, ask him or her to give you a call at prayer time. I have been using this technique on and off for quite some time now, and have found it to be extremely effective.

* If you find that you switch off the alarm clock then go back to sleep, you might want to place it a few feet from your bed. This way you will actually have to get up and walk to the clock in order to turn it off.

* Try using an alarm clock with the snooze feature.

* Avoid eating too much before going to bed. Overeating makes you fall into a deep, heavy sleep.

* Finally, true devotion to Allah is the best thing to motivate a person to get up for prayer, because Allah alone controls all means of help. I ask Allah Almighty to facilitate this prayer for us, and to guide us to what pleases Him.

Reference: Parts of this article are from Problems and Solutions by Sh. Muhammad Al-Munajjid. The book in its entirety, in both Arabic and English, can be found at www.islam-qa.com.

pcozzy

:salam2:

making wudoo before I go to sleep and forcing to sleep on right side as well as treating it like $1,000,000,000,000,000,000+ appointment worked for me.

By the way when you sleep on your right side you sleep will be a light one. That is advise I learned from ibn Qayyim but I can't find the exact statement he made in one of his books.

In fact since I started doing this I even am able to wake up anytime. For there was no one a heavier sleeper than me.

:wasalam:

pcozzy

The Prophet's(sallallahu alayhi wasallam)Way in Sleep and Wakefulness

Imam Ibn Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah
The Prophetic Medicine CHAPTER.60 (Pgs. 163-170)

The Prophet's
ar_pbuh.gif
Way in Sleep and Wakefulness

The person who thinks of the Prophet's
ar_pbuh.gif
way in sleep and wakefulness, he will make certain that it is the most moderate and fit to the body, organs and forces. The Prophet
ar_pbuh.gif
used to sleep at the beginning of the night, then he gets up at the beginning of the second half of night to brush his teeth, make ablution "Wudou" and pray what Allah wanted. Thus, the body, the organs and other forces take their part of sleep and rest and movement (exercises) with great reward. This method is the best o*ne concerning the health of the heart and the body and the boon of the earthly life and the Hereafter.

He
ar_pbuh.gif
did not sleep more than his body required and did not prevent himself from the necessary sleep. The Prophet
ar_pbuh.gif
practiced this perfectly-sleeping when need- o*n his right side remembering Allah until the sleep seizes him. He did not sleep while his stomach was full of food and beverage. He did not stick his side too much to the earth and did not lie o*n high beds. His bed was made of leather filled with fibers. He used to put his head o*n the pillow and he sometimes put his hand under his cheek.Here we are going to mention some kinds of sleeping:The useful and the harmful.

Kinds of Sleep

Sleeping is a physical state of the body which is usually followed by the centralization of the instinctive heat and the forces in the interior of the body for rest. Sleeping is of two kinds: the natural and the non-natural o*nes.In the natural sleep, the psychological forces, which are the o*nes of sensation and voluntary movements, restrain their action causing the cease of the body movement. In doing so, the body relaxes causing the combination of humidites and steams- which are usually dissolved by the body movement in the brain the source of these forces. Thus, it becomes anesthetic and relaxes. This is the natural sleeping.The non-natural sleeping is caused accidentally or morbidly. So, either the humidities control the brain completely in a way that the awakening can't disperse them or a large amount of humid vaporous- as in case of surfeit by food or beverage- bums the brain making it relaxed and anesthetized. Thus, the psychological forces restrain their action in order to cause sleep.

Advantages of Sleep

Sleep has two advantageous properties:

The first o*ne is the quietness and rest of the limbs after toiling work. Thus, the sleep comforts the sensation from fatigue caused during the wakefulness in order to dissipate the faintness and weariness.

The second o*ne is the digestion of the diet and maturity of humors for the instinctive heat-during sleep- centralizes in the body's interior helping in digestion and maturity. For this reason, the sleeper's exterior feels cold and needs to be covered.The most beneficial sleep is to lie o*n the right-side so that the food settles well in the stomach for it is more inclined to the left. Then, the sleeper should lie o*n his left-side for a short time in order to increase the speed of digestion by this inclination of the stomach to the liver. After that, the sleeper should He steadily o*n his right-side so that the food descends quickly to the stomach. Thus, sleeping should be, at the beginning and the end, o*n the right-side for the repeatness of sleep o*n the left side is harmful to the heart for the materials pour o*n it because of the organs inclination.The worst sleep is the o*ne o*n the back, but to lie o*n the back, for a rest without sleeping, is not harmful.But the worst of all ways of sleeping is the o*ne while the person lying face down. In Al-"Musnad" and Ibn Maja's "Sunan", Abi Umama narrates that the Prophet
ar_pbuh.gif
, passed by a man sleeping in the mosque lying face down, the Prophet
ar_pbuh.gif
warned him with his foot saying: stand up or sit, sleeping in this way is hellish"

The Patient's sleep

Hypocrates mentioned in his book entitled "At-Taqdima" (the gift): "The patient's sleep, laying down face with a habit he used to when he was healthy, indicates confusion in his mind and pain in certain parts of his abdomen".

Explicators of this book said: This happens to him because he opposes the healthy habit and follows the sick o*ne without known or unknown reason".

The Moderate Sleep

The moderate sleep enables the action of the natural forces and comforts the psychological forces and strengthens the essence of its carrier to a degree that it may prevent the decomposition of flatulency.

The Day Sleep

Sleeping during the day is bad for it causes the humid diseases and the calamities. It also distorts the color, causes the splenities, relaxes the nerves and weakens the desire except in summer during the meridian of the day.To sleep at the beginning of the day is bad but the worst is to sleep at the end of the day after the afternoon. Abdul-lah bin Abbas saw o*ne of his children sleeping at the beginning of the day he said to him "wake up, do you sleep at hour during which the goods are distributed?"

Kinds of Sleep

It was said :" that the day sleeping is of three kinds:The decencies sleeping which is the sleep of the meridian and this way was adopted by the Prophet
ar_pbuh.gif
,( may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him.)The second o*ne is the o*ne of stupidity which is the sleep during the forenoon. It diverts from the earthly life and the Hereafter.The last o*ne is that of foolishness which is the sleeping in the afternoon, o*ne of our ancestors said"' The person who sleeps in the afternoon should not blame except himself if his mind is stolen".A poet said:" The forenoon sleep causes insanity to the man where as afternoon sleep engenders madness".

The Morning Sleep

The morning sleep obstructs the welfare for it happens at a time when creature ask for their goods as it the time of distributing the means of living. Thus, sleeping without a reason or necessity, although it is very harmful, causes the relaxation of the body, deterioration of the excrements that should be dissipated by movement and brings about damages, lassitude and faintness. If it occurs before evacuation movement, exercises or inserting something into the stomach, it then causes the incurable disease that engenders many diseases.

Sleep in the Sun

Sleeping in the sun stimulates the latent infection.Also, to sleep putting half of you in the sun and half of you in the shadow is harmful. Abou Dawoud narrated in his "Sunan" from Abu Hurayra that the Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: If o*ne of you were sleeping in the open air and the shadow covered half of his body and the sunshine covered the other half, he should leave the place".Ibn Maja in his "Sunan" narrated from hadith of Burayda binAl-Husayb that the prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, "prevented from sitting between the shade and the sun". This hadith indicates the prohibitance of sleeping in the two.

The Invocation Of Pre-Sleep

In the two "As-Sahih" Al-Bara'a bin 'Azeb narrates that the Messenger of Allah, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, said: "When you go to bed, perform saying: O Lord, I entrust myself to You, direct my face to You, entrust my concern to You and I lean my back o*n You willingly and apprehensively. There is neither a escape from You nor a shelter but with You. I believe in Your Book that You revealed and in Your Prophet that You sent". These words should be the last words you say before sleeping so, if you die at this night, your death will be in the state of God's natural handiwork.In Al-Bukhari's " Sahih" A'isha
ar_anha.gif
narrates " that when the Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, performed the "Sunan" (Supererogatory deeds) of dawn prayer (Salat) he would sleep o*n his right-side".

Ibn Abi’l-Dunya narrated this hadeeth in his essay al-Gheebah wa’l-Nameemah (Backbiting and malicious gossip), in a chapter entitled Ma jaa’ fi Dhamm al-Taqa’’ur fi’l-Kalaam (p. 15), in which he narrated from ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“That which I fear the most for my ummah is every well spoken hypocrite

pcozzy

The Wisdom Of Sleep o*n Right-Side

It was said: that the wisdom intended in sleeping o*n the right side is that the sleeper should not sleep soundly because the heart inclines to the left-side; so when o*ne sleeps o*n his right side, the heart should require its position o*n the left side. In doing so, the heart prevents from sleeping soundly that leads to a still sleep and this, in turn, causes missing the interests of the earthly life and the Hereafter

Since sleep is the brother of death so it is impossible for the Eternal Living the Praised to sleep and the inhabitants of Paradise do not sleep either. The sleeper needs a guardian to preserve his soul from the deadly elements and to protect his body from the blights as well.

Allah the Exalted, who created him, is the o*nly o*ne Who can do this responsibility. For this reason, the Prophet, may peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, taught the sleeper to say the words of entrust, of resorting to Him, of desire for Him and apprehension of him in order to implore God with His perfectness to preserve his soul and his body. He also guided him to remember the belief in Allah and to sleep believing in, for the words of faith should be the last o*nes for fear that a person may die during his sleep. If words of faith were the last o*nes, they would help him to enter Paradise.

The Prophet's
ar_pbuh.gif
guidance, even during sleep, included the interests of heart, body and soul during sleep, wakefulness in this life and the hereafter. May peace and blessings of Allah be upon the o*ne who granted his nation the whole boon.

The statement "I entrust myself to You " indicates that I surrendered my soul to You just as the slave yields to his master. "I direct my face to You" implies the proceeding completely to Allah, the sincerity of intention and will to Him and the admission of obedience and humility to Him. God the Exalted said:

So if they dispute with you (Muhammad
ar_pbuh.gif
) say: "I have submitted myself to Allâh (in Islâm), and (so have) those who follow me..." (Aali Imran 3:20)

Here, the face is mentioned because it is the noblest in man and it contains the center of senses. This idea also includes the aim of the statement " O Lord of people, to Whom face and deeds are turned". The " entrust of o*ne's affair to Him " means that actions depend o*n the will of Allah the Praised. This implies the quietness of heart, content with what He decides and chooses for him by what he cherishes and satisfies.Entrust to Him is o*ne of the most honorable kinds of slavery to Allah that does not enclose any defect and it is the situation of the chosen people. This fact contradicts with those who believe in other than this. "Leaning o*ne's back o*n Allah the Praised" implies the strong dependence o*n Him, trust in Him and entrust to Him for the o*ne who depends o*n steady pillar does not fear falling.

sheema

assalamualaykum w.r.b
i wos told to recite the last ruku of surah kahf.and then make a sincere intention of what time youd like to wake up.trust me it works.iv tried it before.
wassalam