In the name of Allah the Beneficent the Merciful

nasiihah

Salaamu aleykum warahmatulaahi wabarakaatu,

My name is Maryam, i'm 21 and live in london. At the moment i work but more importantly my hunger for knowledge of the beautiful deen is at a incredible high alhamdulilaah, and may Allah continue this feeling ameen.

Insha allah i hope to share information with my fellow muslims around the world.

May Allah make us of those who are the dwellers of Paradise Ameen!

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Wa alaykum Salaam...

My name is Nooriah I'm also 21 and live in SA...
What is it like being a muslim in London? I see over the news that there seems to be lots of anti muslim vibes there..
My dad has been to London many times but its simply to cold for me there.. our winters get to the lowest of 16 degrees and we all freeze here..

In South Africa Islamic education is so freely avialable... Shukr to the Almighty for that... i've had islamic education in an islamic school since the age of 4yrs old..Alhamdudielah... and there is so much more that i havent learned and yearn to learn... Inshallah I hope to hear from you..

nasiihah

Salaamu aleykum warahatulaahi wabarakaatu,

I have to say that recently the atmosphere has drastically changed alhamdulilaah, however there was a period when there was a sense of hostility towards muslims especially those who the deen was visible.

But now that ambiance has significantly died down, may allah continue showering us with his blessings and merci. All praise is for Allah, we praise him and seek his forgiveness!

I terms of islamic education I only recently found out that there are numerous islamic primary schools accros the city which i wasn't aware of initially. Higher education like islamic degrees however are vastly available. Maashallah you had the opportunity to be educated in an islamic environment, i'm sure the benefits are remarkable. Tell me more insha'allah...

Alahmdulilaah because overall i cant complain, i hope i've answered your question...

Jazaak allaahu khairn, May Allah guide u and make u of those who are in Allah shade on the day when there is no shade except his Shade...Ameeen!!

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum Salam Wa RAhmatullahi Wa barakatuh..

Welcome to THe site MAryam, inshaAllah you will enjoy your stay here.

MashaAllah, teaching is a good profession, may Allah help you. I havent really seen many good Islamic schools. I have seen a few whilst trying to find a good school for a younger cousin... and it just seemed they were made purely for profit. The teaching standards were quite low compared to other schools. The children were very badly behaved. The teachers were not very concerned about the pupils, infact.. some of the teachers were related to the principle and most were inadequately qualified. So the ones i saw were basically businesses. Where, they fool the parents who want to send their kids to good Islamic school.... and take their money in fees.

It is important children learn both the Islamic studies and also the worldly studies...

My personal view, if i had kids, i feel i would send them to very good normal schools. Not a faith based school. There are single sex schools for boys and girls. Islamic education is best taught at home. Its the parents responsibility to have the children grow up with good personality and awareness of Islam.

I went to a single sex boys school, and my childhood was spend in a school where i was the only Muslim. But, alhamdulilah it didnt affect me at all, instead i would actively talk about my faith with others there. Its the way our families bring us up which has the biggest effect and can make us strong. Infact, its beneficial for children particularly in the West to get an understanding of people from other backgrounds. They can learn and understand a lot about other people without sacrificing their own beliefs.

I am sure there are good Muslim Schools in UK, but, personally I dont think they are totally necessary.

nasiihah

Hope your in good health and emaan insha'allah, i understand where your coming from but remember we cant generalise all the schools in the light of a couple or even a few.

Although i agree with you that home schooling is beneficial for alot of plp, but is that adequate? I think we should give religious education the same or probably more weight and importance compared to secular education and personally i feel that home schooling as far as islamic education is concerned isn't suffcient nor fully effective.

When the student is being thought by qualified teachers in an environment appropriate the results are very successful insha'allah. I am not knocking home schooling in any way shape or form by the way, i even recommend it but in relation the higher education i'd deffinatly prefer the institutions.

Jazaak allaahu khairn, May Allah reward you in abundance and guide to the siraad al mustaqeem :)

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
As Salaam Mu Alaykum..

How was the weekend? Weird things are starting to happen in South African schools with regard to abuse i find that so scary... many of my cousins are now home schooling thier kids....

Although this is keeping their kids safe but no i've noticed that their kids lack social skills that a shcool would provide

nasiihah

Salaamu aleykum warahmatulaah wabarakaatu,

This weekend has been really hectic actually but alhamdulilaah... only because i've started a 3 weekend course on Kitaabul Emaan, i also work and attend classes in the mosque so this monday i was a little out of it.

Why is there hostilty in South Africa can you elaborate for me please...... sounds worrying.:frown:

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Wa Alakum...

My gosh I thought my shcedule was hectic.... Ma'sha'Allah thats a very interesting course to take... I take Tajweed and hifz classes every evening and shukur it seems to be going well..

Hostility in South Africa?? the only crazy hostility happening is the ex-deputy president is sueing every newspaper for slander during he's rape trail, he's altogether claiming 125-million rand...

Maybe te hostility you speaking about comes from south of africa? Sudan??

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu alaykum,

it is true there is a lot of crime in SA?

I heard there is a lot of guncrime and carjacking on highways etc?? :rolleyes:

Apart from that, i would love to go on a Safari hehe

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
nasiihah said:

Hope your in good health and emaan insha'allah, i understand where your coming from but remember we cant generalise all the schools in the light of a couple or even a few.

Although i agree with you that home schooling is beneficial for alot of plp, but is that adequate? I think we should give religious education the same or probably more weight and importance compared to secular education and personally i feel that home schooling as far as islamic education is concerned isn't suffcient nor fully effective.

When the student is being thought by qualified teachers in an environment appropriate the results are very successful insha'allah. I am not knocking home schooling in any way shape or form by the way, i even recommend it but in relation the higher education i'd deffinatly prefer the institutions.

Jazaak allaahu khairn, May Allah reward you in abundance and guide to the siraad al mustaqeem :)

Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

you are right, its just that from what i have seen from a lot of the schools, children's education is often compromised by them going to Islamic Schools.. which often have a pretty low standard.

So, i guess what i was trying to say was that one needs to be weary and look into these things carefully. Depending on where you are and whats available. It could be that they might be better off going to a non Muslim school, rather than one that just proposes to be a Muslim School merely to make money by attracting parents who want their children to have Islamic education. :(

Wasalam.

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Wa Alakum...

There is not that much crime in SA it typically depends on which areas you will visit...
my family and I have never been victims of hectic crimes only of really petty crime... Shukr to the Almighty for that

My field of study requires me to deal with criminals on a daily basis so baisically I get to see the low down all the time.. and fortuanately this website makes me think happy thoughts.. lol

Ive stayed in SA all my life but I've never been on Safari.... I'm dead scared of bugs, so in that way I'm rally not an outdoors person..lol
I only watch the big 5 on TV..LOL

nasiihah

Nooriah said:
Wa Alakum...

My gosh I thought my shcedule was hectic.... Ma'sha'Allah thats a very interesting course to take... I take Tajweed and hifz classes every evening and shukur it seems to be going well..

Hostility in South Africa?? the only crazy hostility happening is the ex-deputy president is sueing every newspaper for slander during he's rape trail, he's altogether claiming 125-million rand...

Maybe te hostility you speaking about comes from south of africa? Sudan??

Salaamu aleykum...

Maash'allah its really good of you to take tajweed and hifz classes, how far along are you?...I personally have been looking for the right teacher to teach me tajweed and hifz as well. A few years ago i used to go madrasa and i memorised some of the quraan however because i dont attend the Madrasa anymore it's getting more and more difficult to keep the quraan memorised....hence why i'm looking refresh my memory..

Subhaanalaah....Rape trail? I have i been stuck in a cave? So has him been cleared regarding these alegations??

nasiihah

Mabsoot said:
Wa alaykum Salam Wa Rahmatullah,

you are right, its just that from what i have seen from a lot of the schools, children's education is often compromised by them going to Islamic Schools.. which often have a pretty low standard.

So, i guess what i was trying to say was that one needs to be weary and look into these things carefully. Depending on where you are and whats available. It could be that they might be better off going to a non Muslim school, rather than one that just proposes to be a Muslim School merely to make money by attracting parents who want their children to have Islamic education. :(

Wasalam.

Salaamu aleykum warahamatulaah

Now, i understand where you coming from and you right when it comes to an issue with such an importance one should be weary and look into things with an sceptical eye.

May Allah guide us for only He knows whats good for us. We just have to put our trust Allah. For we might want something which will have a destructive effect on us and hate something which is good and beneficial to us.....

:wasalam:

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
nasiihah said:
Salaamu aleykum...

Maash'allah its really good of you to take tajweed and hifz classes, how far along are you?...I personally have been looking for the right teacher to teach me tajweed and hifz as well. A few years ago i used to go madrasa and i memorised some of the quraan however because i dont attend the Madrasa anymore it's getting more and more difficult to keep the quraan memorised....hence why i'm looking refresh my memory..

Subhaanalaah....Rape trail? I have i been stuck in a cave? So has him been cleared regarding these alegations??
Wa Alaykum Sister...

I've been doing my Hifz since I was 18 and taking it very slowly... I'm only on the 10 chapter but Insha'Allah I will get there...

He has been cleared of the charges because the court founded that the women who accused him was accustomed to crying wolf..
He is a corrupt individual with a lack of morals in most South Africans opinions...
Our current President is a really good man, with a ton of intellect.. we also have many muslim people who are cabniet ministers....
And Insha'Allah I hope to one day follow a career in politics and use my powers for good as opposed to evil....

Appa BK

Muslimah Light
Salaam Mu Alaykum

Hows the Madressah classes coming on??
Insha'Allah the Almighty will make it easy for you...

This week in SA we have Leila Khaled coming to SA to promote her new documentary... she was part of the PLO and was exiled in a refugee camp in Lebonon...

nasiihah

Salaamu aleykum, I'm soo sorry about the late reply....

Maasha'allah your on the 10th chapter....may Allah bless you and give you the fruits of your efforts both in this life and the hereafter!! Very inspiring maa'sha'allah!

This might be a silly question but its just so i know whether to address you as brother or sister.....which one are you insha'allah.....Silly me i think you r a sister but i just want to make sure so plz forgive me...

I have been mega occupied with that course i told you about (kitaabul emaan), although i only attend it on weekends the homework that comes along with it...is of great quantity.....may Allah assist me in this

Speak to you soon....take care :wasalam:

AishaR

Assalam Alaikum

This is a question for Sister Maryam

I live in Watford which is north london & reverted a few months ago. Can I ask where in London you are from & if you know where I can get further information on classes in the London area. My husbands family are helping me but I really need to join classes to learn the Quran & increase my deen. My family is great but I would like to meet sisters my own age, I am 28yrs old to help me with my journey.

Any help will be very much appreciated dear sister

Salam

Aisha

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Nooriah said:
Salaam Mu Alaykum

Hows the Madressah classes coming on??
Insha'Allah the Almighty will make it easy for you...

This week in SA we have Leila Khaled coming to SA to promote her new documentary... she was part of the PLO and was exiled in a refugee camp in Lebonon...

Wa alaykum Salam,

lol, Leila Khaled was Cool.. haha

Yeah, i have been to Palestinian Refugee camps in Lebanon, it is still very depressing there. The Lebanese dont give them many rights, even after decades there.

nasiihah

AishaR said:
Assalam Alaikum

This is a question for Sister Maryam

I live in Watford which is north london & reverted a few months ago. Can I ask where in London you are from & if you know where I can get further information on classes in the London area. My husbands family are helping me but I really need to join classes to learn the Quran & increase my deen. My family is great but I would like to meet sisters my own age, I am 28yrs old to help me with my journey.

Any help will be very much appreciated dear sister

Salam

Aisha

:salam2:

Hello there sis, I live in Tottenham and the classes i attend are in Turnpike lane Mosque, Nearest tube station is Turnpike lane but Wood green tube station isn't too far either.

The lessons are on tawheed the (oneness of Allah) and Fiq (understanding of islam)
Let me know if you are interested insha'allah:)