Information / guideance Please !

Mrs Thingy

Hello, I am needing information/guideance with regards to which occassions Muslim children/adults celebrate please ? I am of white British origin, amd am careing for a 3 year old Muslim child ( parents of Afghani origin) . It was the child's Birthday recently and her parents did not acknowledge her birthday in any way. I am wondering if this is because of beliefs/culture, or if her parents had forgotten her special day ? Can any one be so kind as to answer my quiery please ? Many thanks ....

Ershad

Hello, I am needing information/guideance with regards to which occassions Muslim children/adults celebrate please ? I am of white British origin, amd am careing for a 3 year old Muslim child ( parents of Afghani origin) . It was the child's Birthday recently and her parents did not acknowledge her birthday in any way. I am wondering if this is because of beliefs/culture, or if her parents had forgotten her special day ? Can any one be so kind as to answer my quiery please ? Many thanks ....

Hello,

In Islam, there are only two celebrations - Eid -al-Adha and Eid - ul- Fitr. No, we don't celebrate birthdays.

Mrs Thingy

Hello,

In Islam, there are only two celebrations - Eid -al-Adha and Eid - ul- Fitr. No, we don't celebrate birthdays.

May I also ask you ..... Have I done wrong in celebrating her Birthday and having a little Tea party for her ? I am feeling a little confused and hope that I have not offended anyone .... Any guidance regarding her well being would be greatly appreciated .. Thank-you....

user expired!

:salam2:,

Please can i ask a few questions before i give my adivce?

1) Are the parents of the child here in the UK or does the child have any family here in the UK?
2) Which area are you based in, i.e. London, Bradford?
3) Is there a specific reason for the child to be in care?