Inheritance/Will

Keen4Deen

:salam2:

I am 25 years old right now and was pondering over how my wealth should be distrubuted islamically after my death. I am not referring to in the far future but right now, if I was to die tommorow, how would my wealth such as my money in my bank account, furniture etc things I own be dealt with islamically. Am I required to give my immediate family anything? I dislike them and do not speak with them (dont ask its a long story) and don't want them to get a single dime from me. I would prefer to have all of my property sold and given as charity to the poor or given as zakat over time etc. What is the proper islamic way if given my age and the fact that I have no wife kids or anything. I just want to make sure that my family doesn't get one cent from me.

muhammad sabri

My dear brother..i understand what you mean but it is wrong, islamically atleast your parents must have a share and i think that the answer that Allah gives you is the best for He(subhana wa taAla) says in the Quran

Allah instructs you concerning your children: for the male, what is equal to the share of two females. But if there are [only] daughters, two or more, for them is two thirds of one's estate. And if there is only one, for her is half. And for one's parents, to each one of them is a sixth of his estate if he left children. But if he had no children and the parents [alone] inherit from him, then for his mother is one third. And if he had brothers [or sisters], for his mother is a sixth, after any bequest he [may have] made or debt. Your parents or your children - you know not which of them are nearest to you in benefit. [These shares are] an obligation [imposed] by Allah . Indeed, Allah is ever Knowing and Wise.(4:11)

So even if you've been wronged as muslims we must always respect our parents even if they did some evil to us, we must be patient and after all when we die leaving our inheritance islamically we leave it in the hands of Allah who is going to take care of it and inch'Allah in this way He will take care of our souls in the best of ways,So if you want to give the share to the poors and charity that's the best BUT SOMETHING MUST GO TO YOUR RELAVITES AS STATED IN THE VERSE ABOVE :)

My brother what i suggest you is to be patient and try your best with dua and pure intention and inner strenght to forgive and live your life just like Allah would want you to live it, i don't think that He would ever tell you not to forgive your parent but neither would He ever tell you to sell your faith, just be balanced and be the expression of the peace that MUST characterize us all..the Muslims :)

:wasalam:

wajazakallahu khayran

And Allah knows best, and may He forgive me, you and all the believers male and female..and i hope the answer has been helpful :)
Salam again brother

sultanb

Inheritance seems a very difficult topic. I can't really grasp it from reading the ayat of An-Nisa. But it does say directly that they are rightful. However, I think it would be best if you consult a professional who specializes in Islamic finance, and specifically on inheritance.

But, just putting it out there... It seems part to the solution, you would have to do what you intend to do with your assets after death, right now. Meaning, you live with a budget on what you basically need, and the rest you give to charity.

It's an interesting situation to live by financially. Dying with nothing, but you're still financially planning as if you live to retirement and to a certain age. Because people rarely think that they will die tomorrow; rather they will get married, have kids, buy a house. So, you would have to buy a house, but the house should be given directly as your wife's, not yours, so that when you die, it's hers and cannot be messed with. It goes on to many things.

strive-may-i

Assalaamu Alaikum,

Immediate family is
- Parents
- Siblings

No reason can be a strong reason for disliking your parents. Are you saying they are unworthy of it? Since immediate family has a right. Denying them will be Injustice. You have to ponder on it... Patience Brother...

Of course this applies
"The believer does not inherit from a kaafir (disbeliever) and the kaafir does not inherit from a believer." [Bukhari]

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
In the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful.

[1] O mankind, fear your Lord, Who created you of a single soul, and of the same created his mate, and from that pair spread countless men and women over the earth;[SUP]1[/SUP]fear that Allah in Whose name you demand your rights from one another, and abstain from violating relations between kinsfolk; note it well that Allah is watching you very closely.

[7] There is a share for men in what has been left by parents and near relatives, and there is a share also for women in what has been left by parents and near relatives, whether it be little or much;[SUP]12[/SUP]for this share has been prescribed (by Allah).

[8] And if the people of the family, orphans and the poor be present at the division of the inheritance ,give them also something out of it and speak to them kind words.[SUP]13

[/SUP]
[9-10] Let the people apprehend and be afraid of this: how solicitous they would have been on the eve of their death about the helpless. children they would be leaving behind. They should, therefore, fear Allah and say the just and right thing. In fact, those who grab unjustly the property of the orphans, fill their bellies with fire, and most surely they shall be thrown into the burning fire of Hell.[SUP]14[/SUP]

[11] As regards inheritance, Allah enjoins you concerning your children that: The share of the male shall be twice that of the female.[SUP]15[/SUP]In case the heirs be more than two females, their total share shall be two-thirds[SUP]16[/SUP]of the whole and if there be only one daughter, her share shall be half of the whole. If the deceased has children, each of his parents shall get one-sixth of the whole,[SUP]17[/SUP]but if he be childless and his parents alone are his heirs, the mother shall have one-third of the whole.[SUP]18[/SUP]If the deceased has brothers and sisters also, the mother shall be entitled to one-sixth of the whole.[SUP]19[/SUP]The division of all these shares shall take place only after fulfilling the terms of the will and after the payment of the debt[SUP]20[/SUP](if any). As regards your parents and your children, you do not know who is more beneficial to you. Allah has apportioned these shares and most surely Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.[SUP]21[/SUP]

[12] And you will get half of what your wives leave behind, if they be childless; but if they leave children, then your share will be one fourth of what they have left, after the fulfillment of their will and the payment of their debt (if any). As for them, they will be entitled to one-fourth of the inheritance left by you, if you are childless; but in case you leave behind children, their share will be one-eighth[SUP]22[/SUP]of the whole after the fulfillment of your will and payment of your debt (if any). And if the deceased whether man or woman (whose property is ' to be divided as inheritance) leaves no children and no parents behind but has one brother or one sister alive each of the two will be entitled to one-sixth of the whole but in case the brothers and the sisters are more than one then the total share of all of them will be one-third[SUP]23[/SUP]of the whole after the fulfillment of the will and the payment of the debt (if any) provided that it is not injurious[SUP]24[/SUP](to the heirs). This is the Commandment of Allah and Allah is All-Knowing and Lenient.[SUP]25[/SUP]

index_html_m2b5e4bcf.jpg

13] These are the limits prescribed by Allah: whoever obeys Allah and His Messenger, He will admit him into the Gardens underneath which canals flow, wherein he will abide for ever; this is the great success.
index_html_m2e062b2e.jpg

[14] And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger and transgresses the limits prescribed by Him, Allah will cast him into the Fire wherein he shall abide for ever, and shall have a disgraceful chastisement.[SUP]25a[/SUP]

Asalaam aleykum;

the above quoted verses of Kuran Kareem;(Surat Nisa) translation of Maududi.
I ask for readers is to keep an eye on verse 13 and 14 of this very surah.
brother;
Keen4Deen
I am 25 years old right now and was pondering over how my wealth should be distrubuted islamically after my death. I am not referring to in the far future but right now, if I was to die tommorow, how would my wealth such as my money in my bank account, furniture etc things I own be dealt with islamically. Am I required to give my immediate family anything? I dislike them and do not speak with them (dont ask its a long story) and don't want them to get a single dime from me. I would prefer to have all of my property sold and given as charity to the poor or given as zakat over time etc. What is the proper islamic way if given my age and the fact that I have no wife kids or anything. I just want to make sure that my family doesn't get one cent from me.

just a tiny request,
Turn to Islam Forum .....
...do donate to it before you die please!!

thank you.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/donate.php

:astag: