Insomnia during Ramadan

h4mza

Palestine Forever
Today is 26th Ramadan and since the 23rd Ramadan I haven't been able to sleep at night. I was fine in the first 3 weeks of Ramadan, just this last week of Ramadan I have started to have problems sleeping. Sehri here closes around 3:3am so then I go to bed. On normal days I go to bed at 3am and fall asleep an hour or two later. So basically my sleeping pattern hasn't really changed in Ramadan. On 9th Ramadan I couldn't sleep all night until 10am and I slept for only 4 hours so I was so tired all day and head a bad headache. This is what is happening again now since the past 3 days. What do you people think it could be? Could it be the food I eat as I have been eating same for Sehri which is toast with egg and beans and a cup of milk. Please someone give me advice, I am so tired now and got a headache and will need to stay at Mosque for the night as Quran finishes, I want to feel better, any advice welcome.

Abu Loren

Defender of Islam!
Salaam

I'm confused. Don't you pray? You haven't mentioned Fajr after suhoor and if you sleep during the day then possibly you are missing zuhr too?

Regarding your sleeplessness I would welcome it as a blessing especially now during Ramadan. Utilise your hours to read the Holy Qur'an, pray Tahajjud, Nafil etc do dhikr, du'a etc etc etc.

Btw the food you are eating doesn't seem to be a problem as it is very light.

This reminds me of the statement in Fajr adhaan.

As-Salatu Khayrun-minan Nawm

"Prayer is indeed better than sleep."

noora1

Statue of Liberty under the clouds! :D
Today is 26th Ramadan and since the 23rd Ramadan I haven't been able to sleep at night. I was fine in the first 3 weeks of Ramadan, just this last week of Ramadan I have started to have problems sleeping. Sehri here closes around 3:3am so then I go to bed. On normal days I go to bed at 3am and fall asleep an hour or two later. So basically my sleeping pattern hasn't really changed in Ramadan. On 9th Ramadan I couldn't sleep all night until 10am and I slept for only 4 hours so I was so tired all day and head a bad headache. This is what is happening again now since the past 3 days. What do you people think it could be? Could it be the food I eat as I have been eating same for Sehri which is toast with egg and beans and a cup of milk. Please someone give me advice, I am so tired now and got a headache and will need to stay at Mosque for the night as Quran finishes, I want to feel better, any advice welcome.

Coffee always works for me. And if my headache is really bad, I take an Ibuprofen tablet. :)