Intention For Our Pursuits

Ibn-Ali-Shah

The Messenger of Allah (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “He who pursues the lawful things of the world to show glory or boast will meet Allah in His enraged condition. But he who searches the world to abstain from begging and to save himself will come on the Day of Resurrection with a face as bright as the full moon.” [Ihya Ulum Id Deen by Imam Ghazali]

Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) tells us that he who restrains himself from vain desires will have Paradise as his destination.

It seems that nowadays everything we do is for others’ appreciation and to show off; what we eat, what we wear, where we go to school, who we marry... The deadly disease of showing off has claimed our normal course of behaviour.

If eating, drinking, dressing, educating ourselves and getting married, are done for the sake of Allah (subhana wa ta’ala) they are next-worldly actions, but if they are done to satisfy lusts and win acclaim they are worldly actions that bring us no benefit of the Hereafter.

It is up to us to choose how we wish to meet Allah (subhana wa ta'ala) on the Day of Judgement; bright faced and joyous, or scared.

http://dailyhadith.adaptivesolutionsinc.com/

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
Salam aleikum

:75: good reminder.
May Allah help us to act good for His sake and love, no matter how strange we may look when we dont comply to the traditions and costumes of society, many traditions and actions in this life are done for the sake of others.

“Say: Truly my prayer, and my actions, and my life, and my death are all for God, the Cherisher of the Universe”. (Qur’an, Chapter 6; Verse 162)