Intercession In Islam

Mumin01

As Salamo Alekum, i hope everyone is doing well Insha Allah and is in a good state of health and mind

i have a question and i hope insha Allah someone here will be able to give me some clarification

- Does the Quran allow intercession or does it prohibit it
- if intercession is allowed then where do good deeds/faith come into play

i am getting really confused here because in some parts of the Quran it states that " No soul will be availed" or " no intercession will be accepted of him" along those lines

while on the other hand of read many hadith talking about intercession, could someone please clarify this

and id appreciate it if this was not some cut and paste forum, but if you need to, then please add some of your own words

Jazak Allah Khayr

Salaam

Salem9022

There is no Intercession in Islam, There are some places where it will become allowable by Allah in Youm Al Qiyama, with Allahs permission. Those are specific cases, which will happen in the hear after, but in this life there is NO intercession, you can not pray to any grave or some sufi dude to protect you, this is not allowed in Islam

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Like some one mentioned there are special cases of intercession that will be granted to those whom Allah choose (i.e. prophet Mohammed), but that is limited to hereafter.

As far as intercession in this life. There is none. No "pir baba" will benefit you or harm you if you ask some "pir blah blah" to interceed on behalf of you. That is strictly prohibited, and I will never accept such hadeeth that says other wise.

P.S. Idea of intercession in this life leads to elevated status of "saints, and some religious people", which in my opinion is completely to the contrary of Islamic teachings, yet people in rural areas and in poor country still believe such things.

Shoaib

Mumin01

i know that there are no contradtictions in Allah SWT book but can someone please explain this to me

“And fear the Day (of Judgement) when no person shall avail another, nor shall compensation be accepted from him, nor shall intercession be of use to him, nor shall they be helped”

[al-Baqarah 2:123]

sajjuaiah

intercession

As-salaam alaikum,

Q122. Isn't Rasoolullah's "Shafa'at" (intercession) true?
Answer.
1.Intercession on the Day of Judgment
It is indeed true that there will be the Shafa'at of Prophet Muhammed(SAW) on the Day of Judgment. The Qur'an speaks about it in Ayatul Kursi Surah Baqara 2:255
"...Who is there can intercede in his presence except as he permitteth?.."
Rasoolullah(SAW) said and it is recorded in Sahih Bukhari 1:331
"The Prophet said, "I have been given five things which were not given to any one else before me.
1. Allah made me victorious by awe, (by His frightening my enemies) for a distance of one month's journey.
2. The earth has been made for me (and for my followers) a place for praying and a thing to perform Tayammum, therefore anyone of my followers can pray wherever the time of a prayer is due.
3. The booty has been made Halal (lawful) for me yet it was not lawful for anyone else before me.
4. I have been given the right of intercession (on the Day of Resurrection)."

2.Intercession not for all and by all
Allah (SWT) clearly states in the Qur'an in Surah Taha 20:109
"On that day shall no intercession avail except for those for whom permission has been granted by (Allah) Most Gracious and whose word is acceptable to him."
Also in Surah Al Ambiya 21:28
"He knows what is before them, and what is behind them, and they offer no intercession Expect for those who are acceptable"
As well as in Surah Saba 34:23
"No intercession can avail in His Presence, except for those for whom He has granted permission. "
It is for those who will be granted permission by Allah and by those whom permission will be given on the day of judgment. Who will be those whom NO permission will be given on the day of judgment? They are those who appear before Allah having done Shirk. Since Allah(SWT) says in the Qur'an in Surah Nisa (4:48 and 116)

"Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with him; but he forgiveth anything else, to whom he pleaseth"

3.Avoid Shirk
Acts of Ibadah are for Allah alone. If a person does acts of Ibadah for any other than Allah thinking that the person will come to his aid then this is itself Shirk.
Allah says in the Qur'an in Surah Yunus 10:18
"They serve, besides Allah, things that hurt them not nor profit them, and they say: these are our intercessors with Allah. "
We need to realise that Intercession is totally in the hands of Allah alone as Allah says in the Qur'an in Surah Zumar 39:44
"Say: To Allah belongs exclusively (the right to grant) Intercession: to Him belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth: in the End, it is to Him that ye shall be brought back."
Allah says in Surah Yunus 10:3 "No intercessor (can plead with him) except after his leave (hath been obtained). "
We have to also try to fulfill the commands of the Qur'an and avoid wrongdoing as Allah says in Surah Momin 40:18
"..no intimate friend nor intercessor will the wrongdoers have, who could be listened to"
Rasoolullah(SAW) also says in a lengthy hadith related to his intercession for whom he won't be able to intercede in Sahih Bukhari 6:3
"'None remains in Hell but those whom the Qur'an has imprisoned (in Hell) and who have been destined to an eternal stay in Hell.' " (The compiler) Abu `Abdullah said: 'But those whom the Qur'an has imprisoned in Hell,' refers to the Statement of Allah:

"They will dwell therein forever." (16.29)"

For your Comments/ Suggestions/Criticisms, please do not hesitate to mail us at: [email protected]
http://www.allaahuakbar.net

abubaseer

tanzil.info
Staff member
There is no Intercession in Islam, There are some places where it will become allowable by Allah in Youm Al Qiyama, with Allahs permission. Those are specific cases, which will happen in the hear after, but in this life there is NO intercession, you can not pray to any grave or some sufi dude to protect you, this is not allowed in Islam

I fully agree with you on the last part Akhi. But, there are some types of Tawassul which is allowed in this Life also like:

1. Tawassul by the Al Asmaa wal Sifaat of Allah
2. Tawassul with our good deeds.
3. Tawassul by asking some living pious Muslim person to make Dua. Point is he should be ALIVE, cant do it after he is dead.

The proofs (from Quran and Sunnah and understading of Sahabas RA)of the above are there in Aqeedha books.

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
i know that there are no contradtictions in Allah SWT book but can someone please explain this to me

“And fear the Day (of Judgement) when no person shall avail another, nor shall compensation be accepted from him, nor shall intercession be of use to him, nor shall they be helped”

[al-Baqarah 2:123]

That is no contradiction, that is the general rule, the exceptions is when Allah permits some one like prophet Muhammed to intercede.
Now that is an exception, and you're forgetting exception is very very small compare to the general rule.
If you study both verse carefully, it makes complete sense.