Interesting Facts...

Believer

albinsaid09 said:
Do not recite quran verses in the toilet .Do not sing or even whistle. Even better, enter the toilet with your left leg first. This is not obligatory though but it is this little thing that ,who knows, might save u from hell.

Salamun Aleykum Brothers and Sisters in Islam
I was reading Bro. albinsaid09 post and it reminded me of a youth camp that I attended and Alhamdulilah I had learnt a lot of priceless things, all due to a very knowledgeable Brother by the name of Mahmout Kurkcu. May Allah bless him for the useful knowledge that he has passed on. JazzakAllah
Back to what Bro. albinsaid09 said, based on stepping in and out of the bathroom (refer to thread ‘Is this Haram?’) I just wanted to add a couple of interesting facts which I have learnt and would like to pass on to you, InshaAllah.
As many of us would know that it is Sunnah(recommended/as the Prophet[PBUH] has done) to enter the bathroom with your left foot and exit with your right and visa versa with entering and exiting the Masjid. It is also recommended to seek refuge in Allah from the shaitan (as the toilet is like a home for them).
This site I found very useful and I recommend that you all pay a visit, which lists many valuable Duas:
http://www.central-mosque.com/sunnah/Duas.htm

In Islam there are reasons behind everything, there are even scientific facts and health benefits to as why things are done. Bro. Mahmoud explained (not exact words): From scientist research it is a true fact that if someone faints/falls/dies for some reason and their right leg is in front of their left they will fall forward, if ones left leg is in front of the right they will fall backward. Hence, if you enter the toilet with your left foot and you faint/fall/die you fall backward and you will prevent yourself from dieing/fainting/falling in a shaitan full place, and if you enter the mosque with your right foot first, you will result in falling forward and die/fait/fall in a blessed place, InshaAllah. I hope that wasn’t too confusing to understand, I tried my best to explain. :shymuslima1:
It is also recommended to try to sleep on your right side; the health benefit of this is that your heart can beat faster on your right whereas if you slept on your left it causes you to stop breathing as you are compressing your lungs.
Another one is that Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) prohibited us from breathing into the drinking vessel or blowing onto hot food or drink. The health benefit for that is, when you blow on the hot food/drink all the bacteria from between your teeth are blown onto the food then is consumed to your stomach which could cause sickness and infections. It also causes your teeth to be more sensitive

That was just my two cents worth, InshaAllah it will benefit us all. Now it’s your turn to give interesting facts of Islam like the above. InshaAllah it will help us gain a better understanding of the sayings of the Prophet (PBUH).

Was Salamun Aleykum

P.S: If you didn’t understand the above :rolleyes:, just say so and InshaAllah I’ll try my best to explain it again :wink:.

firdeus

Interesting

That was very benefical to know. :jazaak: . Facts like this make you firm in your actions. Alhamdulilah that our muslim brothers are going back to seeking knowledge, that will revive Islam, insha-allah.

Assalam alaikum:hijabi: