Interesting short story

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Angel Jibrail (as) told Rasulullah (peace be upon him) the follwing incident about a man in the past who worshipped Allah Ta'ala continuously for 500 years. He was granted a shelter on top of a mountain that was surrounded by salty water. However, Allah caused a stream of sweet water to flow through the mountain for that individual. The man would drink from this water and use it to make ablution. Allah Ta'ala also raised a pomegranate tree from which the man would eat one fruit every day.

One day, this person supplicated to Allah that, "Oh Allah, bring my death while I am in the state of prostration." Allah accepted this dua of his. Whenever Jibrail (as) came down to the Earth, he found this man prostrating to Allah. Jibrail (as) said that on the day of Judgement, Allah will tell the angels to take this individual to Paradise through His mercy. However, this man will insist that he should enter paradise through the good deeds that he had performed.

Then, Allah will tell the angels to compare his good deeds with the blessings that were given to him in the world. It will be seen that 500 years of his worship does not even equal to the gift of eye sight that was given to him by Allah. The angels will be asked to take him towards the hell fire. Then the man will plead, "Oh Allah! Enter me into Paradise only through Your mercy." At that point, the following discussion will take place between Allah and that man.

Allah: Oh my servant, who created you?

The worshipper: Oh Allah, You have created me.

Allah: Were you created because of the good deeds you have done or because of My mercy?

The worshipper: Because of Your mercy.

Allah: Who granted you the ability to worship for 500 years?

The worshipper: Oh the Almighty! You have granted me that ability.

Allah: Who placed you on the mountain surrounded by the ocean? Who caused a stream of sweet water to flow in between the salty water? Who caused a pomegranate tree to grow for you? Who granted you death while in the state of prostration?

The worshipper: Oh the Sustainer of the Worlds! You have done all of these.

Then Allah will say, "All these have happened due to My mercy and you too will enter Paradise only through My Mercy."

Source: Obtained from the book "Tambihul Ghafileen" by Shaikh Abul Laith Samarkandi.

We can never thank Allah for the blessings that He has given us. Let us use these blessings to recognize Allah before our death.

Source:http://www.islamcan.com/cgi-bin/increaseiman/htmlfiles/static/108715468617433.shtml

muhammad.abdullah

Wait, let us see first...

:salam2:

Plz verify the source of the story before you post it. However beautiful it may seem, if its not true, the burden of the sin is on your head.

Follow these simple steps to verify it yourself because we are not 'aalim'.

1: What is the source of the story?
2: If a book states it, does it give you any reference of where it has been taken from?
3: If its not in the Quran, then is it in the hadith?
4: If its not in the hadith either, then its most probably a legend?
5: Should muslims follow legends, tell each other about them?
6: If its not true, how big a sin will it be to associate lies with Allah like the exact conversation between the man and Allah?
7: I believe that Muhammad(saw) is the last messenger of Allah and most obedient and beloved of the human kind, no particular man could possibly surpass him in service and obedience towards Allah in any form.

P.S. THIS STORY PROMOTES PEOPLE HERMITS. Allah's messenger prohibited us to be like them and spend our lives living like monks and depriving ourselves of the appropriate pleasures of this world like the love of our family and children.

your well wisher
:wasalam:

massi

And just because the source is another website that hands out islamic stuff doesnt mean its all true.

ws

Baraka Allaah fik brother for you good reply ...indeed the web site has fake pictures about miracles :astag::astag::astag: ...be careful brothers and sisters

Mahzala

فَتَبَارَكَ اللَّهُ أَحْسَنُ الْخَالِقِينَ
Assalamualaikum

:bismillah1:

A good lesson indeed.

I know that stories should be accurate and we should always state the source in order to prove its authenticity, but from this post we should understand its lesson, which is to never despair oneself of Allah's Mercy. And that undoubtedly, if He, Almighty doesnt have Mercy on us, we will never see Paradise, regardless of the weight of our deeds.

May Allah (SWT) have mercy on all us Muslims. May He guide the misguided and bring closer to Himself the Guided. May He make easy on us the interrogation in the grave. And May He the Almighty Creator of the heavens and the earth save us from the hellfire. Aameen.

Thank you Brother Waseem for this reminder, May Allah (SWT) have mercy on you.. Aameen.

Assalamualaikum

muhammad.abdullah

brotehr has allready given the source. whether its authentic or not, we have to ask the website from where he quoted.

Well said, but i believe none of you read my answer from head to tail. In ISLAM, authenticity is everything. Islam is unique, because that what was send down to Muhammad(saw) is not false and mingling of good and evil, truth and lies is not islam. Just, because a source was quoted doesn't make it true. If it were like that, Islam would one day become Judaism or chrisitanity or hinduism where the truth is overshadowed by legends and stories of the past.
Try analyzing this story, who is this person narrating this story originally? Can he be trusted with what he is saying? Or, take it this way, will you trust this person with how you end up being in this world or are erected in the hereafter? Do you know him personally? The answer is most probably, if not definitely a BIG NO.
Would you associate something with Muhammad(saw) that is not true just for the matter that you know it will do good to the muslims and peolple will follow it. If the answer is no then you my brother should have understood what i am trying to say. But, if it is yes, then i humbly pray you dont do it because such people will be dragged away from al-kauthar on the day of judgement, not allowing them to quench their thirst.

We know that there are people who are not muslims who visit this website for information about islam. How would these stories affect their path to islam. What if they are unable to find definite answers to their questions about their faith and find islam inclined towards the path that they are already fed up with. Plus, I said that consider how BIG IT WOULD BE A SIN OF ASSOCIATING SOMETHING WITH ALLAH THAT IS NOT TRUE.

I am no angel myself, i might be worse one here (believe me i am just not being humble) but what i do is associated with me and i will have to bear the burden of my sins on the day of judgement (may allah forgive me before my end) but if something is stated about Allah or Muhammad(saw) that is not true and becomes widely accepted, what kind of fitnah it could start?:astag:

your well wisher
wasalm

Well said, but i believe none of you read my answer from head to tail. In ISLAM, authenticity is everything.

akhi did any body from us deny that? most posters of webs are laymen, and its not always possible to give the authncity. if the webmasters who paste articles in their forum dont give the authencity how can laymen show the authencity.

Waseem203

Young Muslim

Plz verify the source of the story before you post it. However beautiful it may seem, if its not true, the burden of the sin is on your head.

Follow these simple steps to verify it yourself because we are not 'aalim'.

1: What is the source of the story?
2: If a book states it, does it give you any reference of where it has been taken from?
3: If its not in the Quran, then is it in the hadith?
4: If its not in the hadith either, then its most probably a legend?
5: Should muslims follow legends, tell each other about them?
6: If its not true, how big a sin will it be to associate lies with Allah like the exact conversation between the man and Allah?
7: I believe that Muhammad(saw) is the last messenger of Allah and most obedient and beloved of the human kind, no particular man could possibly surpass him in service and obedience towards Allah in any form.

P.S. THIS STORY PROMOTES PEOPLE HERMITS. Allah's messenger prohibited us to be like them and spend our lives living like monks and depriving ourselves of the appropriate pleasures of this world like the love of our family and children.

your well wisher
:wasalam:

You yourself have no idea of the authenticity of the story, yet your swift to judge it based on your perception. I researched some more about it, and it was found in Sahih Bukhari. The moral lesson is there, theres no need for you to object brother.

However, reading point 7, also made me feel that your post is hypocritical.

You can never say that Muhammed surpassed any form of worship amongst ALL messengers, because you yourself have no idea. Have you met all the messengers personally? ( Thats the question you askerd me )

If the answer is NO, then your point is probably false. I have a Qur'anic verse for elaboration.

285. The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah, His angels, His books, and His apostles. "We make no distinction (they say) between one and another of His apostles." And they say: "We hear, and we obey: (We seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to Thee is the end of all journeys."

No distinction amongst any messengers, means in the form of worship, recognition, anything. They all had one mission. Yet here you are, insisting that Muhammed was the best worshipper of Allah, when you yourself have nothing to proove yourself with. Remember when Jonah was in the whale ( A.A.S ), Allah SWT gave him a prayer to recite for days, untill he was forgiven . After a long-term worship period, he was forgiven. If he had not been, he would have been in the Whale till the Day of Judgement. I'm safe to say, that Muhammed ( A.A.S ) never surpassed worship in this form.
Be careful in what you say brother.

muhammad.abdullah

I see that this is getting out of hand here so i retire from this thread to avoid furthur argument. My intention was pure and not intended towards fitnah. I dont favor any messengers over others. Everyones understanding is a mirror image of their ability to understand.

waslam

Waseem203

Young Muslim
I see that this is getting out of hand here so i retire from this thread to avoid furthur argument. My intention was pure and not intended towards fitnah. I dont favor any messengers over others. Everyones understanding is a mirror image of their ability to understand.

waslam

Argueing was never my intention, I just wanted to correct you on your perception of the story, it is true, and I also wanted to correct your last point:p

Dont think of it like that brother, thanks for your partcipation though!