Introducing myself!

AlwaysLearning

On the worries of offending anyone, I will be brief with my story!

I am in the US, American born. I live in Washington state, currently. I am a young woman.

My husband is deployed Army, and lately I have felt more strongly that I need to find and follow the true way. A friend guided me towards Islam/Muslim, and I feel this is the Way for me.

I am alone here, and not sure how to pursue being taught and guided. I am also aware that if I convert, and my husband does not, I am required to end our marriage.

I would appreciate guidance and new friends, and I would like to start my journey the correct way without violating beliefs and practices!

Thank you to all!

ZonBonBon

:SMILY206:

I am a new member also but I want you to let you know that you would not offend any one at all.

I am glad you have found your way, alhumdulilah and if there is anything that I can do please let me know.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

welcome sister,
i cannot appreciate your stance,enough.May Allah make it easy for you.

Al i can say (similarly concerned about offending you) is that the prophet saw own daughters were married to guys who did not convert and so had to be dissolved.

there are verses in the Quran to that effect..

THe underlying idea is that Faith is thicker than blood relations ,because blood relations are at the level of the body but Faith relations are at the deepest level call it soul or spirit.

yes te underlying idea being that it is impossible for two people to have any kind of meaningful relationship if there is such an unbridgeable gap between a fundamental understanding of why we r here ,who we r and consequently the different directions and destinations.

i hv just somewhat been in a simiar situation and if the other person cannot see the truth it just is not worth pursuing a reationship.because when a person cannot see the truth it means there are serious barriers between him and Allah.and Allah doesnot put a barrier unless someone desrves it. (obviously we dont want to know why or why not.)

that is not to say ur hubby will not revert coz the other day there was a brother who reverted to isam when on duty in iraq.so Allah guides whom so ever he loves.
if not life is too short to be worried about ppl who r not worried abt themselves.
"our ships were moored in opposite seas ......
for good ,going away never to meet."
when your ship moves it kills ,some innocent cries.
while i move with my brothers and sisters to paradise."

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

maybne some sister from washington area might be able to help you.

also check out whyislam.com they arrange for visits to nearby mosques.

IslamIsTheFuture

알라후 아크바르-Allah Akbar
Hello there
Welcome to TTI.. May u benefit from this site InshAllah.. May God guide u to the right path and open ur heart towrd Islam..
Enjoy ur stay
Take care

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
Hi,

A warm welcome to you sister! :D
have a great stay and we hope to hear from you often inshaAllah

Take good care

Wassalaam!

islamdonlyway

hi welcome to TTI , inshallah (god willing) youl benifit from this site !, and come closer to islam. ask as much as you like brothers and sisters will help ! il recommend you to read the QURAN !!

bye take care, hope to heear from you soon !

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
:salam2:
Assalam-o-alikum dear Sister,
I am very happy that you are seeking yjr truth and guidance. It is a great blessing from Allah (SWT) when he puts the desire to seek truth in the heart of a person. So don't worry sister.

Washington state is a big state and I don't know which city you live in, but if you live in a big city then there must be a Mosque in your area where some sisters could help you. But you have to find it.

There is a an organization www . WHYISLAM . org and they have offices in many cities in US. They have a toll free phone number 1-877-WHY-ISLAM.
They can provide many different kinds of help, even in-person.

Also you can try ICNA's website:
http://www.icna.org
They too have some sort of program to provide some kind of help.

Good Luck to you sister on your journey for seeking the true faith and eventually Paradise. Ameen !

Wassalam.
:wasalam:

icadams

Welcome sister. I am sure that you will enjoy your time here and be able to learn a great deal.
It is a difficult situation that you are in. The military can be a very hostile place for Muslims and those interested in Islam. I know, since I first developed an interest in Islam while I was serving in the Army during Desert Shield/Storm in the early 1990's.
You are not alone. Keep your ears open, there are almost certainly Muslim brothers and sisters around you, you just need to find them. Also, do not worry about your marriage. It is not automatic that you would need to leave your husband, and we must trust in Allah, subhana wa ta'alah.
I will pray that you find the guidance and truth that you are seeking.

AlwaysLearning

Hello to all-

I am so happy at the welcome I am receiving here.

I am meeting with a sister from a nearby Mosque, Friday evening.

I hope to figure many things out, and convert soon. I feel this is the way I should go, and if Allah wills it, I will follow. My husband, I can pray, will follow, and if not, then it was Allah's will, right?

Again, thank you all for the warm greetings and advice!

~S