Introducing Someone to Islam

Marwa17

Do you think this would be a good website for someone who has yet to convert to Islam??? This person and I have been talking about Islam for a while....She started out by saying that there is no god :astag: but know admits that she once felt that their was a god...She has not yet converted...I don't even know if she will...But, I want her to inshallah get a good opinion of islam and understand all of the concepts. I have to admit that there have been many times where she has asked me questions that I could not really answer...I feel that everyone inshallah that is a member of this website would most likely provide better answers since it would be all of us....Does anyone feel that this website is maybe too harsh??? By the way, she's from a jewish family and really supports Israel and stuff...

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
Yes, certainly! :) I found this site long before I converted/reverted about two weeks ago! There's so much to offer-- videos (which were a huge help for me) and a forum to ask questions. Even when a particular "difficult" issue gets raised, I saw how everyone worked together to get the answer or how to explain it best. I also saw the love virtual strangers had for one another, and the love everyone had for me. The totality of the experience washed over me like a wave and was certainly had a large part to do with my coming to Islam. So, please, if Allah wills it, show your friend the site. I look forward to welcoming her! :)

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Yes, certainly! :) I found this site long before I converted/reverted about two weeks ago! There's so much to offer-- videos (which were a huge help for me) and a forum to ask questions. Even when a particular "difficult" issue gets raised, I saw how everyone worked together to get the answer or how to explain it best. I also saw the love virtual strangers had for one another, and the love everyone had for me. The totality of the experience washed over me like a wave and was certainly had a large part to do with my coming to Islam. So, please, if Allah wills it, show your friend the site. I look forward to welcoming her! :)
Uh, sister Joslyn, if you're muslim why does it say your religion/beleif is Christainty on your profile?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Wa alaykum salam,

She is welcome here. No this website is not harsh! What is harsh about it?

There have been many people who use this website and are non-Muslims and alhamdulillah several have become Muslim after visiting our website.

We welcome people of all faiths. It does not matter what her background is.

wasalam.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Do you think this would be a good website for someone who has yet to convert to Islam??? This person and I have been talking about Islam for a while....She started out by saying that there is no god :astag: but know admits that she once felt that their was a god...She has not yet converted...I don't even know if she will...But, I want her to inshallah get a good opinion of islam and understand all of the concepts. I have to admit that there have been many times where she has asked me questions that I could not really answer...I feel that everyone inshallah that is a member of this website would most likely provide better answers since it would be all of us....Does anyone feel that this website is maybe too harsh??? By the way, she's from a jewish family and really supports Israel and stuff...
Check my signature.
By the way, she's from a jewish family and really supports Israel and stuff...
Well sister Zour__Khan was also Jewish but was from the Indies. I never got to ask her if she's a Western Indie or an Eastern.

Joslyn

Allah's Way of Life
That's a good question. :) I haven't figured out quite yet how to change my profile or my screen name, if it can be done, to a more Islamic name. If you know how, please let me know!

:salah:

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum dear all

Insha'Allah we're keeping well.

Yes, certainly! :) I found this site long before I converted/reverted about two weeks ago!

Subhan'Allah....i had NO idea that you had reverted dear Joslyn, ALLAH HU AKBAR. May Allah always protect you and enlighten your heart with firm belief in Him Subhana hu wa Ta'aala ALONE, Ameen.

As for guidance.....we must remember, that Hidaayah (Guidance) ONLY comes from Allah. One could give Dawah to another in the most perfect manner, one could even direct them towards this site but in essence; Whomsoever Allah guides, none can lead astray, and whomsoever ALLAH leads astray, none cane EVER guide...Subhan'Allah!

Allah the Most High says in the Glorious Qur'an:

" Verily, you will not guide everyone whom you love, but Allah guides whom He wills and He knows best those who Will be guided" (Qur'an 28:56)

Khairan Insha'Allah.....dear Marwa17, keep patience Insha'Allah, may Allah reward you for your intention and for trying to help your friend Masha'ALLAH.

May Allah guide us all and keep us guided, Ameen ya Rabb al'Alamin

Wasalam

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

:salam2:

And supporting Isreal? Well yeah maybe she would if she's Isreali or her family supports them.

Subhan'Allah, we should look for the positive and not the negative....if one really is keen enough to learn the Deen, then by all means we should help them if we are able, by the Will of Allah....

remember Islam calls to Unity 'through' Diversity!

Wasalam

Marwa17

JAK everyone...actually, the thing with her is that she is really adamant about alot of things...which in a way makes her really smart...like she is not going to change her mind really fast or anything...But Allah of course can help anyone believe if they want to...Inshallah, I will tell her about this website...May allah help her become a muslim
I have a quick question: Do you think it's pushing it that whenever we talk, I always talk about Islam? Like she says she likes to talk about religion and everything but she never starts the conversations...We've known each other for about a year, but i only recently started talking to her outside of school...I don't want to feel liek i'm pushing something on her...am I?

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Wa'yakum

I have a quick question: Do you think it's pushing it that whenever we talk, I always talk about Islam? Like she says she likes to talk about religion and everything but she never starts the conversations...We've known each other for about a year, but i only recently started talking to her outside of school...I don't want to feel liek i'm pushing something on her...am I?

Every Muslim who possesses some knowledge -- even as little as one verse --should disseminate what they know to others: He :saw: said, "Convey (what you learn from me) even if only one verse…" (Related by Bukhari)

At the same token, we must also remember that the Prophet :saw: spoke to people according to their ability of understanding.

Keep patience Insha'ALLAH...for surely it brings about a great deal of virtue!

Wasalam

Camid

About Your Avatar

Your avatar Brother is nice. It reminds the struggle of our brothers in the Chechenya.:redface: :astag: .

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Your avatar Brother is nice. It reminds the struggle of our brothers in the Chechenya.:redface: :astag: .
Thnx brother, yes it's nice and I had another one with a rebel and a gun with fire behind him, but Masboot changed my avvie to the FBI one.

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Bismillah,

Subhan'Allah, we should look for the positive and not the negative....if one really is keen enough to learn the Deen, then by all means we should help them if we are able, by the Will of Allah....

remember Islam calls to Unity 'through' Diversity!

Wasalam
What do you mean negative? Isreal is negative and they act negative and I'm saying Isreal, the place where they
kill,torture, and imprison our innocent Falasteen bros and sisters

alhamdulillah

Bismillah,

Assalamualaykum dear brother in Islam

What do you mean negative? Isreal is negative and they act negative and I'm saying Isreal, the place where they
kill,torture, and imprison our innocent Falasteen bros and sisters

There is no place for enmity in the morality prescribed by God. The answer is to be individually determined on friendship, affection and compassion, seeking God's good pleasure without any expectation of reward. In the Qu'ran God tells us that superior morality will destroy enmity:

A good action and a bad action are not the same. Repel the bad with something better and, if there is enmity between you and someone else, he will be like a bosom friend. None will obtain it but those who are truly steadfast. None will obtain it but those who have great good fortune. (Qur'an, 41:34-35)

In no part of the Qur'an does God command believers to "respond to violence with violence". On the contrary, God commands Muslims to "respond to evil with goodness"

Hence i said that we should look for the positive and not the negative. Im not talking about anything specific...i was rather relating this comment to something in general. If people are keen to learn the Deen, we shouldnt be harsh and hold their negative points against them Subhan'Allah!

Islam is peaceful religion and Patience surely is a Virtue.....May Allah help us all to obtain it Ameen.

I leave you in Allah's Care

Wasalam