Introduction

Assalaamu Alaykum all and especially Brothers and Sisters in Romania, I am Muhammad Ridhaa, male 37, married for 13 years no kids yet, from Sri Lanka, am a businessman, wife is home maker and we are both practicing Muslims, she wears the Niqaab, I sport a beard. In Shaa Allaah, I am planning to jump start my education again and planning to come to Romania. I want to know some details about what are the town or villages that is more safer and tolerant of Muslims?? Is Bucharest ok? Or is there any other place which is more tolerant and understanding??!! I am also very particular about the food, so I would be most grateful if any of you brothers or sisters can help to direct me to the right places.

Please advise, Jazaakamullaahu Khairan - Ridhaa

Last edited:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh, welcome to the site.

welcome to the site brother

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
In sha Allah I hope someone will help you with regards Romania. Someone emailed me a few weeks ago, and I have yet to reply, but I did get some information about Halal food from a Romanian sister, as follows:

In Cluj maybe they have Lebanese stores which sell halal food. There are supermarkets such as Cora or Metro they have halal chicken. The markets are very big in the cities and Cluj-Napoca is a big city. Behind the central store (Magazinul Central) is a Syrian store.

I would guess that the large cities such as bucharest have more facilities for Muslims, including mosques etc and that the people are more used to outsiders. In sha Allah you will be fine !

wasalamu alaykum

Again bro, Jazaakallaahu Khairan. May Allaah bless you.

In sha Allah I hope someone will help you with regards Romania. Someone emailed me a few weeks ago, and I have yet to reply, but I did get some information about Halal food from a Romanian sister, as follows:

In Cluj maybe they have Lebanese stores which sell halal food. There are supermarkets such as Cora or Metro they have halal chicken. The markets are very big in the cities and Cluj-Napoca is a big city. Behind the central store (Magazinul Central) is a Syrian store.

I would guess that the large cities such as bucharest have more facilities for Muslims, including mosques etc and that the people are more used to outsiders. In sha Allah you will be fine !

wasalamu alaykum