Is Cabdi fitaax and abdi Fattah the same?

Abdi Alfattah

Allahu Akbar
Asalaamu Caleykum.

In Somalia we use lot of Cabdi(abdi) and with one of Allah'(s) 99 name.
But when I say to people my name is Cabdi Fitaax, they say what is Cabdi, is that Abdi. and What is Fitaax?

Therefor I use Cabdi Fattah insted of Fitaax. So can you tell my Is Cabdi and Abdi the Same, and what is Cabdi Fitaax and What is Cabdi Fattah?

Wasalam!

Abdul-Raheem

Signing Out.....
????

:salam2:

I don't understand. There's no difference as they're both the same. Only the spelling is different. In somali, the letter 'c' is alway put in front of words which sound like 'a' like Abdulraheem would be written as Cabdulraheem even though the pronounciation is the same. As for the letter 'x', it is pronouced as 'h'. So therefore Fattah or Fitaax are both pronounced the same. Sounds difficult but those are the only major differences. Everything else is pronounced as usual.

:wasalam:

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
Assalamu Alaykum,

the name is always the same in Arabic.

How you write it in Latin effects the way it is pronounced in many countries, but, if it is pronounced like the Arabic in your native land, there is no need to change it.

Just do your best to make sure it is said properly. Thats important because your name Abdul Fattah, means Slave of the Victory giver. And Fattah (victory giver) is one of the 99 names of Allah the most high.

Wasalam