IS Druze religion or cult?

Sheba_770

Salam, was wondering if Druze is a religion cult or in actuality a branch of Islam? do not know hear different versions on topic totally confused.

doctor38

I don't see the difference between the two. I don't even know what is the precise defintion of a cult in Arabic.

Any way the Druze are very secretive overshoot of Islam. The trace their roots to Ismaili Shiaite sect and was established after the death of Caliph Al Hakim Be Amerallah. Druze believe that this Caliph was re incarnation and he is gonna come bac
k.

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
assalamu alaykum

Druze have nothing to do with Islaam, they are not Muslims.

They believe in reincarnation..

I once went to a Druze village in Syria, it was very strange experience.

doctor38

assalamu alaykum

Druze have nothing to do with Islaam, they are not Muslims.

They believe in reincarnation..

I once went to a Druze village in Syria, it was very strange experience.

I agree with what Mabsoot said. I had to go to Germana which is a section of Damascus occupied by the Druze. Not only I could not find any mosque. I had 500 Syrian Pounds (10 us Dollars), I tried to get change for lower denomination to be able to use the bus back to Bab Toma in Damascus. I asked at least 100 shops (not exaggerating at all) No body was willing to help me out, suddenly I became super smart:SMILY346::mashallah: and bought a coke to get the change:lol::lol::lol:.
I was considering renting an apartment there for a month but changed my mind.

In Syria Druze are not as bad as Druze in Palestine where they are considered to be isreali citizens and serve in the idf. They are native Arab, so they are ideal isreali spies. It is a real shame. The recent 20th century History of the Druze was honorable. They fought hard against the French occupation, some of them were in for front like Saleh Al Ali and Sultan Pasha Al Atrash

Abu Juwairiya

I would agree with those who say the Druze are Kafir. The fact that they say a man (especially one that was assassinated) is the incarnation of Allah is sufficient for me to declare them outside of Islam. We also know that Al Hakim, the man accepted by them as the living manifestation of God in person, was also an alcoholic, so that is a contradiction in terms.

In addition I have also heard Muhammad Ismail Ibn Darazi, from whom the cult/religion derivers its name, propagated this belief as 'God's Messenger' after Al Hakim's death.

I say 'God' because Muhammad Ismail Ibn Darazi did not say he was the Messenger of Allah, did not say he was Muslim and did not say that this was a continuation of Islam or that he was a successor to Prophet Muhammad.

Last edited:

Abu Juwairiya

Al Hakim, the person regarded by the Druze as the manifestation of Allah, was once a caliph in the the eleventh century. He reigned not for the Sunnis, but the rival Fatimid Shia Caliphate in Egypt from 996-1021. Known as the 'Mad Caliph' for his notoriety and unpopularity, he was hated by almost everyone and hailed as a tyrant.

Christians and Jews suffered during his rule as he ordered the destruction of Churches and Synagogues throughout his domains. His most infamous action against the Christians included a partial destruction of the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, the place where Christians believe the Messiah was born. Muslims were not spared either, as he banned them from performing communal Salah according to the norms of Sunni Islam. Sunni Muslims were also banned from entering Jerusalem.

He was eventually assassinated when he ventured alone into the desert and never returned. While his killer/s was never found, no one mourned him but many were happy at his death.

As a people, the last time that I am aware of where the Druze did something for the Muslims, was in 1975-76, when they sided with Muslims against the Christians in the Lebanese Civil War.