Is it halal?

abdul hai

One Flag, One cause
Nasty stuff! Yes it is haram to eat something that is alive, because you cant eat something that is alive, that like saying you can eat a cow or goat alive you say bism illah hir rahmanir rahim when you kill it and its halal. sorry I have no sources

Yousuf.

I'm chinese and I don't find myself weird, please judge by individual next time.

:salam2:

I agree. I am not Chinese but different people from all over the world have different form of delicacies depending on their culture. What we eat may be deemed weird to some others from other parts of the world. Like eating of locust. It is a a delicacy in certain Asian countries, as a part of their eating habits, but some who do not understand the culture of these groups of people will think that eating locusts is 'disgusting' and some might say that it is not halal to eat it at all.

There is this hadith, Salman (r.a) said: The Holy Prophet (s.a.w) was asked about eating locusts. He replied: "They are the most numerous of Allah's hosts. I neither eat them nor declare them unlawful." (Abu Dawud)

But the most important thing is that, what we eat must be Halal.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Before we start to generalize others in other parts of the world it could to be good to remember that for example in Europe (in the America too I think) many think that living oysters are real delicious food (not of my mind). :eek: