Question: Is it haram to avoid someone you think is a Poor or Needy ?

Roaa_Ahmed

Today, a needy woman stopped me by and asked me to give her, but I got so scared from her because she looked a little dangerous or creepy to me, and so I couldn't help but leave her and get away as fast as I can.
Also, Kidnapping by people disguised as "needy" is becoming prevalent in my country these days, which why I got scared and decided to avoid her..

Would Allah SWT punish me for not giving her?

a_stranger

May Allah forgive us , not all the times I give people who ask for money , since there are a lot of them. I pray Allah forgive us and support all the needy including us.

Abu Juwairiya

Allah will not hold you responsible for withholding money from someone or something you are unsure of. You are only protecting yourself and not because of hatred or distrust of poor and needy people in general. He would however hold you to account for miserliness; not giving at all or even for seeing yourself as superior to others on account of their less fortunate circumstances and our better state in comparison.

We should all strive to ask for forgiveness and at all times; even when we feel we have done nothing wrong. This is because it is an act of worship in itself and the more you turn to Allah, the less likely it will be to fear earning His Displeasure.