is it haram.....

aaminah

assalaamualaykum! i just want to ask.. is it haram to make du'a for a kafir relative who passed away? since i am a muslim revert, all my relatives are christian except for my mom who recently embrace Islam ALHAMDULILLAH and my 6yr old daughter. i am very close to my uncle, who passed away just last Monday due to heart attack while sleeping, he is my mom's younger brother. it saddens me whenever i remember him in his coffin and he was cremated Astaghfirullah.
:shymuslima1:

sha587

Shahid abdullah
Hazoor(SAW) was making dua for his beloved uncle Abu Talib and when he died Prophet was very sad and he said i will continously do dua for him than Allah send some verses to prophet. The main theme of those ayats was allah gave hadayat to whom he wants you can not gave hadayat to anyone.

[“Seeking forgiveness for a non-Muslim. The fuqaha are agreed that seeking forgiveness for a non-Muslim is interdicted… However, if one seeks forgiveness for a non-Muslim hoping that they become Muslim and thus be forgiven, the Hanafi scholars have permitted it…

Praying for mercy for a non-Muslim. Nawawi stated in his al-Adhkar that… it is permitted to pray for guidance for non-Muslims, good health and well-being (`afiya), and the like of it, because of the hadith of Anas (Allah be pleased with him) that, “The Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) asked for water and a Jew gave him some, so the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said to him, ‘May Allah make you beautiful,’ so the man did not see grey hair till he died.” As for after their death, it is impermissible (haram) to make dua for forgiveness and the like for a non-Muslim, for Allah Most High said, “It is not for the Prophet and those who believe to pray for the forgiveness of idolators even though they may be near of kin after it has become clear that they are people of hell-fire.” [Qur’an, 9: 113] There are hadiths that indicate this, and there is scholarly consensus (ijma`) on this matter.” [al-Mawsu`a al-Fiqhiyya, Kuwait]

And Allah knows best.]
Taken by "sunniforums"

aaminah

May Allah subhana wa ta ala reward you for your effort. I don't want for displease our Rabb, thank you for informing me.