Is it possible?

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

Sister, I don't think anybody is blaming the women or is trying to say that a Lady can not be a teacher. True indeed, my mother is my best teacher and after Allah and His Rasul :saw:, I love her the most. The topic of discussion was more of like, if it is feasible to have female teachers to teach young boys. Now you don't grow feelings for students Alhamdulillah, but this might not be the same for every sister. shaytan works in very little steps. He will never go to a man who is very strict in following Islam and whisper to him, go to a club and drink alcohol. Because the shaytan knows that the man will definetly not be led astray with such a thing due to his eemaan. So what the shaytan will do will try to make him do a lesser good deeds, deeds which seems valid and halal and with virtues too but probably of lesser importance than what he is already doing. In this way the shaytan brings down the man and eventually lead him astray and make him commit crimes. You may want to listen to a series of lectures called the hereafter, where they tell a story of a very pious man or in fact the most pious in a land of that time and how he was led astray by shaytan. I have no problems with a female teacher, if she is doing niqaab and proper hijab. What happened with me was I had a female teacher doing all attractive hijabs with body shape revealing dresses, which is probably not the proper hijab. I too didnt have a problem at first, but the constant stare at her during her lectures to communicate about the subject was eventually used by shaytan to put disturbances in my mind. All I want to say is that female teachers are all ok to teach anywhere, as long as they are provided with the right environment. And all male students are not the same either, I was in a boys school and I have had seen how boys as young as 12 would talk dirty about young teachers. Even if they were taught about the right morales in class, shaytan seemed to have the upper hand on them. This is because the proper environment was missing. If the teacher was properly dressed, the boys would have had no chance in getting into all these dirty talks about them. I personally respect women and always want it to be like that and so I don't want for any women or girl to be put in to a situation where they are being talked about in a dirty manner or a disrespecting manner.

@ShyHijabi, Yes I agree, women doctors are necessary for women. I understand that too as I don't want to take my mother or sisters to a man doctor and let him inspect them unless its a matter of life and death and that man is the only capable doctor around. Otherwise it is outrageous for a male doctor to touch my mother or sister and inspect.

Afthab

Assalamualaikum!

Assalamualaikum sister!

Well sister as the brother mentioned above we don’t blame ladies for working as teachers they can work in whatever the field they wish except certain but within the preview of sharia. And the requirement for a lady is Hijab better if its nikab right? What I’m saying is that in a class room 1 lady teacher is surrounded by 50 male students and it’s like not nice, Actually the blame goes guys also but naturally girls has to be one step up and try not to create fitnah. I remember once I was walking on the streets with few my friends and they were non muslims at one point few muslim girls came walking from front and their attire was embarrassing to me. To say one girl was wearing hijab but it’s not hijab I would say superman’s kit, in side she was wearing jeans and T shirt obviously the hijab was not definitely loose but SLIM FIT ON also only one button done from the neck the rest section is open and its embarrassing to say one non muslim guy told me nice F_G_RE I was ashamed and i should say that not all but few blacksheeps in the community.

Afthab

Assalamualaikum!

Well i forgot to mention something that when Aaisha (RA) preached and narrated hadiths she was behind a veil (not only hijab but staying behind a curtain) and never used the sweet voice at men.

Are we that conscious? Must have a self admonition.

Ibn Rukaiya

As a Muslimah, I believe Islam has given me the right to seek employment in a halal way. Now, if a sister wants to be a teacher, she can do that job with her prober hijab. Islamically that is not incorrect. (Allaah knows best) but to my limitted knowledge, a sister can be a teacher......not only that but anything she wants that will help the society. No matter where you're in this world.....you cannot avoide intermingling with the opposite gender...that is just how things are. But that is what Hijab is for, it's a protection and a way of setting limits.

Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah wabarakatuhu,

how can you say that its not islamically incorrect sister ? There are different situations and perhaps one condition is not valid over the other. There is nothing wrong for a sister to be a teacher but to be fair that should be for sisters and or women schooling and teaching specifically. that's why we have many girl's schools and colleges and good sister teachers are always welcomed there. specifically men and women should seek such employments that come in limits of Islaam. perhaps intermingling cannot be avoided in some social, educational and other cases but trials can be made for the same.