is music haram

alaimakhalid6767

People come up to me sometimes with headphones in their ears and an iPod.They are singing to the song they are listening to.They don't realize that music will not save them from the day of judgement in front of allah.My teacher in 4th grade told me that listening to music is not haram.You can listen to music but the beat of the song is haram.We can listen to nasheeds and hadiths but we can also listen to songs without the beat.The beat of the song attracts shy tan and makes shy tan come to you.But nasheeds make shytan leave.

So we can just listen to nasheeds or the quran.Some people just put on the words of the song not the beat of the song.Why they do that.They do that because they don't want to get bad deeds and because they don't want to attract shaytan.So i hope you like my thread and learn from it and if i made any mistakes please tell me thank you very much and I'm only ten so okay wa alkyum as salam wa rakmatullah he wa ba ra katy hu :hearts:

twas19

As salam alaykum,

Music is haraam and the salaf have agreed on this issue. The exception to this rule is the hadeeth of `Aa'ishah and this ONLY indicates to the permissibility of using the 'Daff' which is to be used by the 'women'.

The Messenger of Allaah said:

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…”

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
As salam alaykum,

Music is haraam and the salaf have agreed on this issue. The exception to this rule is the hadeeth of `Aa'ishah and this ONLY indicates to the permissibility of using the 'Daff' which is to be used by the 'women'.

“Among my ummah there will certainly be people who permit zinaa, silk, alcohol and musical instruments…”

Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

Perfect post. I'd just like to add a couple of pointer I collected from Br. Abu Mussab's lecture about the hadeeth above.

1) it's only duff without those jingly things that's allowed.

2) Only girls who has not reached puberty can play/bang it. As those were lil girls.

(Both of which the brother mentioned)

3) It was a special occasion i.e 'Eid.

4) Those were some clean songs they were chanting i.e stories of the soldier's bravery in the war etc.

That's all I remember right now.

abdul-aziz

As salam alaykum,

:salam2:

Some agree based on the seerah as well when the prophet, PBUH made is last and final pilgrimage to mecca. The day of Arafaa there was a musical instruments being played in his tent in celebration of Mecca being returned to the muslims. Abu bakr, ra and other sahaba entered the tent and immediately ordered them to stop (in a serious statement). Where the prophet, PBUH, said let them continue this is a day of celebration and joy.

They took what is called istathna (extrapolation) from the incident. They said muslims refrained from music and that is what was indicated by the sahaba, ra as they found it offensive to them and the prophet, PBUH, when they entered the tent and ordered for it to stop. This is from a hadith relating to the seerah.

This besides what you have mentioned.

With clarity we can understand better, in sha Allah and that can be much better understood by asking a knowledgeable sheik.

I am not posting to state it is haraam or not though. But what I have experienced in the west, may Allah forgive me for being around environments where people play that. I do however enjoy some anasheed with vocal mostly.

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Assalaamu alaykum you guys,

There are A LOT OF threads on Music in this website.....I do not mean to be rude or anything, but I think it is better that we "search the web" before we start new threads. Just thought I'd point that out!