Is Muslim the name of a race?

kalamazoo

'Millat "IBRAHIM" {AleyhiSalaam}
You will surely reply:
"No sir, such a man is not called Muslim.
A Muslim is not a Muslim because of belonging to a particular racial group but because of accepting Islam, and if he renounces Islam, he ceases to be a Muslim. Any person who may be a Brahmin or a Rajput, an Englishman or a Jat, a Punjabi or a black, will be incorporated in the Muslim community on accepting Islam, while another person born in a Muslim home is expelled from the Muslim community if he gives up Islam, though he may be the son of a Sayyid or a Pathan".

Well, gentlemen! you will surely give the above answer to my questions. So now this fact has been established from your own answer that the greatest boon of God i.e., the boon of your being a Muslim, which you enjoy, is not a racial asset which you automatically inherit from your parents and which clings to you mechanically all your life whether you bother about it or not, but that it is a boon for acquiring which you must make efforts. If you make an endeavour for it then you can acquire it and if you don't care for it, it can also be snatched away from you. May God forbid.

Meaning of accepting Islam

Now let us go ahead. You say that a man becomes Muslim by accepting Islam. The question is : What does the acceptance of Islam signify? Does it mean that whoever makes a verbal profession:
"I am Muslim or I have accepted Islam", becomes a Muslim? , if in the same way a man utters some phrases of Arabic without understanding them, he then and there becomes Muslim? Now you may tell what reply will you give to this question. Naturally you will answer that the meaning of accepting Islam is that a man should consciously, and deliberately accept what has been taught by Muhammad (peace be upon him) and act accordingly.
Whosoever does this,
is a Muslim and whosoever does not do this, is not a Muslim.

First requirement-knowledge

From this answer of yours the fact automatically comes to light
that al-Islam is firstly the name of knowledge and then the name of putting that knowledge into practice
--------------------------------
shukran:

akhuukum mukhlis

abu ali
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://www.witness-pioneer.org/vil/Books/M_foi/

asalaam aleykum
the above site is no longer available therefore you may instead log on

http://islamicchamper.wordpress.com...d/download-maulana-maududi-pdf-books-e-books/

thank you for the follow up.