Is my Da'wa Show Off

Living Soul

:salam2: Brothers and sisters

Am bit tensed these days as some one has called my practising and speaking about islamic teachings as show off. Let me tell you that I used to be a gud practising, enthusiastic Muslimah 2 years before but after moving to the West I started wearing trousers and left praying. It was not intentional although wearing trousers was an inner passion but again it was more of the company in which I was living that lead me to such condition. Abandoning prayers itself is a major sin but I was away from the family had to do work with the non-practising muslims who made me mentally sick , I caught up into troubles one after another. I could not pray to Allah for His help because deep inside I would feel guilty of not praying and thinking why should Allah help me if i am not obeying Him. I did many wrong things just to keep myself normal. I really could not find any way out untill Allah Subhana Watala shown me the right path. Now Alhamdolillah I pray fives times prayer and do not worry about anything.
Now I feel that my first responsibility is to obey Allah and fear Him only. Now I do hijab and Niqab as well Alhamdolillah. On job I do hijab only. But this change in me has made some of my friends to think as if I am just pretending to be good Muslimah and deep inside I am sinful. Whenever I talk to others including friends I strive to start any topic in which I can discuss Islam so that the message of Islam will be conveyed. But this practise of mine is blamed to be as show off. Now I am badly hurt.

:wasalam:

muslimummah

Just a brother
Dear Sister,

You shouldn't worry about what other says, you should continue practising as you're doing. Only Allah Subhana Ta'ala will be the judge and HE knows what is your intention of your heart. Sometimes people are jealous of sudden changes of others behaviour.

There is a saying: A friend in need is a true friend indeed. If they are really your friend, they should be supportive.

abbas khan

walikum salam

walikum salam sister,

as one of sister wrote 2 u that u shouldnt worry u knw wht is true,u knw wht ur doing this for,to please ALLAH SWT. basically this is every musalman job 2 do dawah,Exactly same happened wth me at frst i my self would think tht is it i m showing off,but actually that is MR SHETAN bringing waswasa in ur heart which we have to defeat,dont worry abt ur frnds some will leave u some will support u carry on ur dawah and pray for them that ALLAH SWT may open there eyes of heart.
ALLAH HAFIZ

saffanah

speak good or silent
:salam2:

Sister, it's very good of you to call people to Islam, to make them know the truth of islam, alhamdulillah. And I think it will work better if you doing this da'wah not so often or everyday you meet them, like what the Prophet Salallahu alaihi wassalam taught to the Companions. He (salallahu alaihi wassalam) did not do that everyday because didn't want to make them get bored. Take it slowly, with Hikmah (wisely), and insha Allah it will work.

Best wishes for you ukhty.

Living Soul

:salam2:

Jazakallaho khairn to all those who responded to my thread. May Allah Subhanaho Wa Ta'la reward you all Ameen. Alhamdolillah the more people try to mock me for my practice the more I feel myself strong and determined and humble at the same time. And the more I try to fear Allah Ta'la and ask for His forgiveness if am doing something wrong. And I pray to Allah Ta'la to make me amongst those who have incurred His Pleasure not those who earned His anger Ameen. The negative atitude of some people is making me instead of breaking me Alhamdolillah.

Pray for me Plz.

:wasalam:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
:salam2: sister Asifa

My prays will be with you inshaALLAH.

May ALLAH (swt) make sister Asifa a mother of Huffaz, Ulama, Haafizat, Aalimat and Martyrs. May HE (swt) give her perfection in Iiman, Ihsan and Islam and make her rich in Patience, Generosity and Kindness. Amiin Ya Rabbal Aalamiin.

wassalam

-brother IbnAdam-