Is Our destiny already written?

Yahya1819

AssalamuAlaykum,

My question: "Is our Destiny Written by Allah already? All sorts of things like whats going to happen, if we are going to be successful or not? Also for People that are non-muslim, if they are going to convert to islam or not, is it written already? Please answer this question immediately if possible, Thanks!

MubarekMuslimah

Qadr (Islamic destiny/fate)

Assalaamu alaikum brother

Qadr is a difficult thing to get our heads around. There are many things that support that Allah swt's will is Allmighty and everything happens according to His Will - many of His names support this including All-Knowing (meaning He knows what is in the past present and future) All Seeing All Hearing. Read Ayatul Kursi which I think sums up so beautifully the will of Allah swt.

We know that we have free-will, it is what sets up apart from the animals - we are free to make our own decisions using logic, reasnoning and Allah swt's commands for us.

Yes Allah swt knows what happens for us in the future and everything happens accoriding to His will but that is not to say your free-will is useless - indeed it is one of the most powerful qualities we possess. We cannot sit in the house all day and expect Allah swt to make things happen for us - it is by our free-will that He tests us every day - it is up to us to submit to Him and not follow our egos and desires and insha'allah pass the test.

Think of it like this - We know what Allah swt will provide food for us and not let us go hungry but you have to go get that food yourself - you cant sit in the house and expect it to come to you - but if you endeavour to find food insha'allah He will provide it for you.

In case I am not making much sense perhaps think of it like this - at every point in your life you are at a crossroads - whether you choose to go left or right is down to your free-will but what happens to you on the left road and what happens on the right-hand road is up to Allah swt - He knows.

As for non-muslims - Allah swt guides those who he chooses. I was once non-muslim and I cannot explain how I came to be muslim and be blessed and guided like that - I do not know why he chose me over my sister or my mother for example and yet I cannot say that he will not guide them in the future INSHA'ALLAH. The only way I can explain it is that Allah swt tests us and gives us chances every day of our life to accept Him and one day i did this - but He knew I would alhamdulillah because He knows all things.

We do not know what Allah swt wills so we cannot presume a non-muslim will never become muslim - insha'allah. If someone had said to me 7 years ago that I would be muslim one day I probably would have thought it was ridiculous - but alhamdulillah here I am and it is by the grace of Allah swt.

I hope that helps you - I haven't provided you any ayat or hadith but I will go find some insha'allah that explain things better than me.

Anything I have said that is correct is from Allah swt and anything wrong from me - i will be back later with more info insha'allah.

Salaams

Layla

NewMuslim

Slave of Allah
:salam2:
I think you're thinking of the "Preserved Tablet". That is the tablet that is written recording all the things that will be done by a human and is written at birth. From wikipedia:

"Sunni View

Sunni enumerate 'Qadar as one aspect of their creed (Arabic: aqidah) They believe that the divine destiny is when God wrote down in the Preserved Tablet ("al-Lawhu 'l-Mahfuz") all that has happened and will happen, which will come to pass as written.

According to this belief, a person's action is not caused by what is written in the Preserved Tablet, rather, the action is written in the Preserved Tablet because God knows what the person's nature will cause them to do.

Another perspective asserts that God is omniscient and therefore has foreknowledge of all possible futures. With divine power, God then also deems which futures will be allowed, and man's choice is between those possibilities approved by God."

Tahar

Since we will be judged for our deeds in the hereafter, we definitely have free will in this life. Your choices in life are your own, and you will be judged according to them. What's predetermined from God is when we are born, the gender we are born, our parents, and when we will die.

Mokat

a teacher can predict the results of its students pretty accurately, why?
as it can assess the effort the student has put towards its exams. Not that the teacher has any power with reading the future. Allah already knows the effort each human makes to find the truth and therefore the outcome.

~teenage~GiirL~

dont u think its weird... when your destiny is written tha way it is... why do u 'try?' and chnge wat u doin..........confusing question i knw...

samiha

---------
Staff member
Assalam.

confusing question i knw...

not really, lots of people think this.

Think of it this way... i'm your best friend, i know you inside out, if someone offers you drugs or something I will know from your personality, feelings and actions EXACTLY what you will do. I am by no means dictatoring your choice, but I know what you will do cuz i know you so well.

Allah is far greater than that, He (swt) knows what's apparant and hidden, so oviously He knows what you will do, what will happen and so on. The choices and decisions you make are still yours, but He already knows and has written down, all that will happen till the Day of Judgement.

Allah knows best.

Wassalam.

Delyan

Assalam.

Think of it this way... i'm your best friend, i know you inside out, if someone offers you drugs or something I will know from your personality, feelings and actions EXACTLY what you will do. I am by no means dictatoring your choice, but I know what you will do cuz i know you so well.

I get what you mean, therefore, the exemple of the best friend is a little bit weak to me coz we never really know someone, a,d that s whta i d want to ask for , i mean, we never completely know as u seem to say it someone we re close to even the best friend, a sister, brother, etc..We know them in general, the way they are in society, among ppl, but there s necessairly a shadow part. then what about ppl who loose their understanding, their reason,what about the choices they make ? are they written..

samiha

---------
Staff member
I get what you mean, therefore, the exemple of the best friend is a little bit weak to me coz we never really know someone, a,d that s whta i d want to ask for , i mean, we never completely know as u seem to say it someone we re close to even the best friend, a sister, brother, etc..We know them in general, the way they are in society, among ppl, but there s necessairly a shadow part. then what about ppl who loose their understanding, their reason,what about the choices they make ? are they written..

:salam2:

i know what u mean, i was planning you use bro or sis but many times people talk more to their friends than their siblings (i'm only girl among all my siblings) so i choose best friend, and put the part about knowing inside out, but truly we all know that the only being that knows us completely is Allah (swt) so He is always the best confider (because He swt already knows it!).

Anyway, I was just trying to show kind of a relation to make it easier to understand Qadr. Friends can judge wrong, Allah CANNOT!!

Allah knows best.

Wassalm.

Delyan

Assalam.

not really, lots of people think this.

Allah is far greater than that, He (swt) knows what's apparant and hidden, so oviously He knows what you will do, what will happen and so on. The choices and decisions you make are still yours, but He already knows and has written down, all that will happen till the Day of Judgement.

Allah knows best.

Wassalam.

Thank u sister

samiha

---------
Staff member
then what about ppl who loose their understanding, their reason,what about the choices they make ? are they written..

Assalam.

I’m srry sis, I didn’t see this part of your post. If you mean by those who loose their understanding…like becoming retarded or insane or mentally incapable then you should know that the pen (recording sin) is lifted for 3 people… the person who is sleeping until he wakes, the child until he reaches puberty, and the mentally insane until he becomes sane.

Everything is written, weather we like it or not. Many things we may not like about our past or anything, but that’s why Allah is most Forgiving. As for things a person does before they get guidance from Allah, their sin is erased when they become Muslim.

Wassalam.

OsMaN_93

Here to help
salam alikom
our distiny isnt written by Allah,its ,he knows what we are going to do ,he doesnt write it he "yaa'lam"learns of what we all humans are going to do.:)inshallah it helps :)