Is Punishment of grave free of doubt?

MOSABJA

I am asking the question because recently a hizb tahrir member came to me.He was inviting me to his organization .That establishing shariah law is an obligation on all muslims and hizb tahrir is fighting.

But Since I had studied a bit previously about hizb tahrir so the first thing that came into mind was that I asked him "Do you believe in azab qabar bcz I ve read that you dont"

He replied that they believe in punishment of grave but punishment of grave is not qatai or free of doubt.

I did not understand his point.But If a person says this kind of thing punishment of grave then what is ruling about him and joining that organization.

PLUS can any one give other things about aqeeda in which hizb tahrir goes wrong with references from their sources if possible.

Thanks

weakslave

Unfortunately I don't know anything about this Hizb at-Tahrir and their Aqeedah.

But absolutely and most definitely there will be punishment in the grave.

As the Prophet Muhammad (SAAWS) taught us, punishment for sins is applied in three different ways:
1 - In this life. That is the easiest form of punishment, and Allaah uses this form on only the ones closest to Him
2 - In the grave. This is the second level, and it is for those who are further away from Allaah
3 - In the Hereafter - the Hellfire. This is the worst form of punishment, and is only handed down to the muslims that Allaah willed be punished at that time.

For more details on sins and punishment in the grave:

http://islamqa.com/en/ref/46068
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/45325

And Allaah knows best.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

Not free of doubt? The ahaadeeth are saheeh. The narrations are strong. Who from the salaf agreed with them on this matter? Imaam At-Tahaawee said in his `aqeedah,

"We believe in the angel of the death, who is charged to take the souls of the worlds and in the punishment of the grave for those who deserve it, and the questioning in the grave by munkar and nakeer ..."

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
its true. there's no doubt,

prophet :saw: sought refuge in Allah frm punishment in grave. ahlus sunnah wal jamaah beleive in it since prophet's time.

may Allah save us all frm punishment of grave. Ameen

Asiya-sparkles

I am asking the question because recently a hizb tahrir member came to me.He was inviting me to his organization .That establishing shariah law is an obligation on all muslims and hizb tahrir is fighting.

But Since I had studied a bit previously about hizb tahrir so the first thing that came into mind was that I asked him "Do you believe in azab qabar bcz I ve read that you dont"

He replied that they believe in punishment of grave but punishment of grave is not qatai or free of doubt.

I did not understand his point.But If a person says this kind of thing punishment of grave then what is ruling about him and joining that organization.

PLUS can any one give other things about aqeeda in which hizb tahrir goes wrong with references from their sources if possible.

Thanks

assalamu alaikom wa rahmat Allahi wa burrahktohu,

As everyone has already stated and with sources the punishment of the grave is real.

InshaAllah, in regard to implementing shariah law, first one should actually study those laws which are comprehensive. What is obligatory is for every muslim man and woman to learn and implement Shariah through scholarly traditions. What Hizb Tahir sidestep is that in fact we as muslims are governed by shariah and non-muslims are not. Even in the muslim nations, the non-muslim community are governed only to a limited degree by shariah which never removes their independant rights.

We can all implement much shariah into our lives, but first we must actually learn what the shariah is. This is a tradition that needs to be revived inshaAllah.

May Allah grant you success.

saif

:salam2:

In the light of sahih ahadith, there is no doubt in the existance of the punishment of the grave. However, that does not mean, that everybody, who is to end up in hell, will start experiencing his punishment in the grave. Following verse from Surah Ya-Sin explains, that (a big majority of people) will be amazed, when they will be resurrected on the day of judgement on getting waken up from their "sleep".

َالُوا يَا وَيْلَنَا مَن بَعَثَنَا مِن مَّرْقَدِنَا هَذَا مَا وَعَدَ الرَّحْمَنُ وَصَدَقَ الْمُرْسَلُونَ {52}
[Pickthal 36:52] Crying: Woe upon us! Who hath raised us from our place of sleep? This is that which the Beneficent did promise, and the messengers spoke truth.

So if we combine this understanding of Quran with sahih ahadith, we conclude like this:

There will be three types of people.

1. The person who dies is clearly on the right path like shuhada and the prophets, so that there is no need for a meezan on the day of judgement for them. For such people a life of reward begins right after their death and we are unable to understand the real nature of that life. ( Reference: Quran 2:214 Think not of those who are slain in Allah's way as dead. Nay, they live, finding their sustenance in the presence of their Lord; )

2. The person who dies have done both good and bad deeds, so that a meezan on the day of judgement will decide, which part is heavier. Death for such people will be like a sleep until the day of judgement. ( Reference: Quran, Surah YaSin 036.051 The trumpet shall be sounded, when behold! from the sepulchres (men) will rush forth to their Lord! 036.051 They will say: "Ah! Woe unto us! Who hath raised us up from our beds of repose?"... (A voice will say "This is what (Allah) Most Gracious had promised. And true was the word of the messengers!" )

3. The person who dies is clearly on the wrong path such that there is no need for a meezan to prove them their falsehood. For such people a kind of punishment begins right after their death. This is what is named as the punishment of the grave.

We must all pray to Allah to be from one of saleheen and shuhada (category 1 of the above mail). Normal people like myself might fall into the category 2. We pray to Allah, that none of us falls into the category 3

In case, you are wondering, where I have got this understanding from, it is the understanding of Allama Hamiduddin Farahi/Amin Ahsan Islahi/Javed Ahmad Ghamidi. Their understanding appeals me the most. You are free to decide for yourself.

:wasalam: