Is spirituality haram or halal?

tru follower

Hello brothers, i havent been on here for a while, and truth is i been messing up in life, but what always brings me back to the straight path is knowing i have to change no matter what because the end is near. anyways i used to be very spirirtual, spiritual as in being one with the earth, tapping into my inner energy, seeing other spirits, sensing other beings as they approached, and having better knowledge and understanding. i could never make clear if this is allowed in islam or not, so if some can explain and provide some proof, id truely appreciate it, thank you all, god bless.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Hello brothers, i havent been on here for a while, and truth is i been messing up in life, but what always brings me back to the straight path is knowing i have to change no matter what because the end is near. anyways i used to be very spirirtual, spiritual as in being one with the earth, tapping into my inner energy, seeing other spirits, sensing other beings as they approached, and having better knowledge and understanding. i could never make clear if this is allowed in islam or not, so if some can explain and provide some proof, id truely appreciate it, thank you all, god bless.

:salam2:

i wish i knew but i really don't know. for this question, i would really suggest that you speak with the imam at your nearby masjid. i don't remember reading any fatwas on the particular question that you have raised. it's hard because we muslims have to be very careful to label something as halal or haram without having the proper evidences needed. who knows, maybe someone may have read a fatwa or have evidence from the quran or sunnah.
:wasalam:

tru follower

thank you for showing your beliefs, i truely appreciate it, i'll wait to see some more responses before i ask an imam about it, hopefully the imam knows more on the subject.

pcozzy

thank you for showing your beliefs, i truely appreciate it, i'll wait to see some more responses before i ask an imam about it, hopefully the imam knows more on the subject.

No! really ask an imam, and I would suggest you pray to God; that with his mercy, He will show you to the right path. As for spirits being one with the earth, we all are a part of the earth. in fact we were created from dirt and we are a carbon formed being. As for seeing other spirits you may have had interaction with Jinn, they exist among us. Some good and bad. But I would suggest that you don't pay attention to them. This is a very deep topic and there is a lot of explanation in islam about Jinn, to much to put in a post. In fact there is a Surah in the Quran named Jinn. Allah address the human man and Jinn in surah Ar Rahman #57. There is a more.

I don't think this may all be your case or what you are experiencing or what you believe is the right path but I can assure you in Islam you will gain understanding of what life is all about.

Again seriously, ask the Imam, you will find that they will be just a regular normal guy who from they heart will give you knowledge. If you want, information of an Imam is handy and available thru out the world.

I will make duaa(asking God "Allah" to give guidance) for you.

tru follower

Thank you my brother, i am convinced now to ask an imam, hopefully he has enough knowledge to guide me to the truth, i just dont want to be misguided and end up in hell from practicing something i should not have been practicing, i hope spirituality doesnt relate to to witchcraft or black magic, i dont see how it does anyways. thankx for your help

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member

It's great that you are open to asking an imam..as that's the safest thing to do...inshallah you won't be disappointed...

Along with asking him about the matters you mentioned though..please remember to ask him to recommend some books on Aqeedah...as it is the foundation of Iman..and its solidity...helps you eliminate fears of being misguided or falling into something major (i.e. shirk..black magic..etc.)...from there..begin to expand your knowledge through the Qura'an and the Sunnah...

Guidance is from Allah..He bestows it upon whom He chooses...But we are never stopped from seeking it..praying for it..and "learning" our way to it...so put all your efforts towards these matters...so you'd protect your Iman and thus yourself!

:wasalam:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

You ask an excellent question. If you read the biographies of the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon him, they are heavy with incidents of his sprituality. He was one with the universe. Sprituality is the word for the unspoken language of faith. The responses that Allah subhana talla gives us from our dua is spritulaity. In essence, when we follow the sunnath we are walking in the spritual path. I pray that an iman is able to guide you to your answer.
Remember, too, the magic age for a man is 40. It is at this time that the spritual world opens up. It was this age for the prophets of Allah subhana talla to act as messengers.
We are sprit and the Noble Quran tells us this.

tru follower

mirajmom, thank you for your beliefs, that is the exact answer i believed would be logical and make sense to me and come from the quran itself. but you are right, i shall ask an imam for more information and more guidance, thank you all for your information, i will make sure this time that i stay on the straight path and dont go to the dark side anymore, it is time to think of the afterlife and forget the pleasures of this life which are just temporary and can lead you to hell, thank you all, i will keep in touch with all you, asalamalaykum