is the earth shaped like an egg?

mahdi

And they ask you (O Muhammad SAW) concerning the Rooh (the Spirit); Say: "The Rooh (the Spirit): it is one of the things, the knowledge of which is only with my Lord. And of knowledge, you (mankind) have been given only a little." (The Noble Quran, 17:85)"

Since the Prophet of Islam only knew little, especially from the unseen, and since he never said that the earth is egg-shaped or spherical, then it is quite clear that he did not know that the earth was indeed egg-shaped.

Narrated Abu Huraira: "I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I have been sent with Jawami al-Kalim (i.e., the shortest expression carrying the widest meanings), and I was made victorious with awe (caste into the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the earth were brought to me and were put in my hand." Muhammad said, Jawami'-al-Kalim means that Allah expresses in one or two statements or thereabouts the numerous matters that used to be written in the books revealed before (the coming of) the Prophet. (Translation of Sahih Bukhari, Interpretation of Dreams, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 141)"

As we clearly see, the Prophet said that he was sent to reveal pithy words that encompass many meanings and topics, which are short in quantity and rich in meanings and interpretations. The Arabic word dahaha in Noble Verse 79:30 above did have multiple meanings and uses. One of them was when one refers to an egg Another was when referring to making something extended, spread out, stretched and/or expanded. This is an example of how Allah Almighty uses scientific notions in the Noble Quran when He talked about how He created certain things. He gave words that had multiple meanings and interpretations to them to make the Noble Quran truly be for all times and all places, and to enable it to truly be the Everlasting and Never Ending Divine Miracle that will always prove the Prophethood of Muhammad, peace be upon him.

Drift%20Bird%20&%20Egg.jpg
180px-Ostrich_egg.jpg
OstrichEgg.jpg
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG]

what most people , don't understand is, allah didn't say the earth is a chicken egg or a human egg,, there are many different eggs around the world , they have different shapes, and there are many eggs shaped just like the earth,,

Sphere.JPG