Is the Taliban/Islamic Leadership in general against modern day technology ?

truthseeker63

Technology can be bad Technology causes Pollution Global Warming and or Climate Chang

Technology can be bad Technology causes Pollution Global Warming and or Climate Change caused by the Industrial Revolution.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Does anyone have any idea why the Taliban would ban tv or computers or vcrs ?

:salam2:
Brother,

There are a lot of propaganda against Taliban, and it is really hard to find which is true and which is false. Just like there was a propaganda of weapons of mass destruction against Saddam so that Iraq could be invaded. But the WMD being a real physical objects were turned out to be not just a lie but a fabrication, but propaganda and fabrication against Taliban which are based on rhethorics and beliefs are hard to be proven wrong, because they are not phisical objects and all they have to do is manufacture words.

Everyone in the world knows (and if they don't then shame on them) that Taliban erradicated the poppy crop in all areas of their control. I have seen with my own eyes on a Pakistani news channel an interview of British Foreign Minister in who said that it is a myth that Taliban erradicated poppy crop.

Also things that Anjum Chaudary says amazes me because he lives in UK and yet he says things which if ordinary Muslim say the same thing, he will be dragged by the police into jail.

Taliban (mean students) because it was a student movements which brought peace, and stablized nearly the whole Afghanistan after defeating the warlords who were doing bloodshed.

The best person to ask this question is Yvonne Ridley. This British-born, award-winning journalist Yvonne Ridley reverted to Islam 30 months after making international headlines when she was captured by the Taliban on an undercover assignment in Afghanistan. She was a senior reporter of the Sunday Express at the time, having spent nearly 10 years in Fleet Street working for several prestige titles including The Sunday Times, The Observer, Daily Mirror and Independent on Sunday.

You can post this question on her website: http://yvonneridley.org/
Scroll to the bottom to ask question.
:wasalam:

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

It appreciable if a group strives to establish complete Islamic rule at a geographical territory. But it is to be scrutinized whether implementations fall within Islamic periphery or not.

Regards.

truthseeker63

May I please ask how the use of the internet promoted

May I please ask how the use of the internet promoted
non-Islamic culture therefor the Taliban felt they had to ban it also since the internet is a new invention and internet technology to block non Islamic or anti Islamic or un Islamic websites is a recent invention and the Taliban came to power in 1996 in Afghanistan could

Since Internet use started to become wide spread in the late 1990s at home and at work, businesses and parents have been searching for the best means to control the content that employees and children can view when online. In the last 10 years there have been essentially three methods which have evolved to pursue effective website blocking of inappropriate content: Manual Uniform Resource Locate (URL) blocking, the use of software packages to block content based on 'black lists' and flagged content phrases, and the physical presence in the work environment of the manager or at home the parent to check the content being surfed. None of the three measures is fool-proof on its own, but when combined can prove to be an effective solution.

http://www.ehow.com/about_4654993_website-blocking.html

Malik610

How much good comes out of television and video?

If you watch tv and films, what is it that is portrayed? Are Muslims in general portrayed doing sunnah let alone any Muslim ever. Even when a Muslim or Islam is portrayed it is so incorrect and minute. Television and movies are full of bidah and haram, so the only thing left to watch is educational channels. And since when was watching sports for hours on end sunnah. And then we have Aljazeera portraying the victimization of many Muslim areas. Even if we had Muslim channels I find it that many would not watch it except for very short duration. How the Taliban went about banning this and that was the extreme. Yes, Muslim women should always be accompanied and next you watch any tv or movie see how many times you pick out bidah acts. And so what if we are in the 21st century does that make it all right to have cameras too?

a_stranger

:salam2:
As muslems we should study how our prophet salla Alalh alaihi wasalam and sahaba (companians ) lived : this should be our example , when using technology we should fear Allah and avoid haram things ......this is the way we as muslems should judge things . muslems who are making the prophet salla Allah alaihi wa salam example are the best whoever they are. Many muslems now adays spend a lot of their times in a wrong way. We should be more carefull.

shams_afg

Taliban TV,s

As much as i know that it is a propaganda against the taliban. bcz i am living in afghanistan since 1994. At the time of taliban i was here but there was no band on TV.

msmoorad

mommys boy
Does anyone else have any opinion ?

salaams to all

the Taliban are pious people who try to practice what the Quran & hadith says.
there are afew groups who do things in the name of the Taliban but theyare not the same.
aslo, zionistcontrolled mainstream media spews lots of lies about the Taliban in order to create disillusionment among the muslims regarding them.
now,
when it come s to technology, they are not fools, they can operate even the most complex equipment, if they receive training.
its just that there appears to be much more harm than good in it.
imagine, if it was allowed in Afghanistan, what do you think everyone will be using it for?
u might get a handful who were not abusing it.

maybe some people here consider movies, music & dancing etc to be permissible in Islam, therefore they dont agree with the Talibans actions.

the Taliban themselves have people who post stuff for them on the net but they dont sit in front of a computer surfing the net like us.

and remember another thing.
there are quite few different ethnic groups in Afghanistan,among them are the Pashtun who the Taliban are mainly comprised of.
they seem to be the strictest when it comes to following islam.
amongst the others, they are much more lax when it comes to following deen.

so this also creates friction.

i dont know much more than that.

and Allah ta'ala knows best
jazakallah