Is there sects in UK as in France?

ouddene bouziane

thanks to Allah that muslims nowadays are very close to their religion and our mosques unlike the churches are full with moumnin. but for the case of France we feel sorry that muslims started creating conflits among them saying this is sufi. maliki and so on.
i know the subject is very sensitive but we must know ourselves from inside to reform what we can.
Most of emigrants here in France are originally from Algeria and Marroc. for the first generation of them are analphabets . the generations comming after are different and the communication between the old and the young generation is very limitted.
so. now we notice a bad phenomenon of sectarism
may be the case in UK is different.

Hassan

Laa ilaha ilaa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:
I have heard some stories of brothers feeling less than welcome in some smaller masjids, but I think this is more to do with small communities being protective of the masjid they worked so hard to build, rather than anything to do with sect.

The bigger masjids I know are definitely very open. I get the impression Shi'a keep separate, but I did meet some Sufi. There are of course people from everywhere, from North Africa and India and Pakistan, from Egypt and Somalia, and Indonesia so Hanafi, Maliki, the differences are easily accommodated. Many reverts too, who don't often feel any sect.

Really though, the place I notice sectarianism most is online. Perhaps we get more detailed discussion, or perhaps people are more honest about what they really think. It gets quite deafening though, when people start shouting "you're a ... " at each other. I could spend all my time learning the differences between sects and learn nothing of the Deen.

May Allah swt keep us steadfast on the straight path, inshaAllah

tic_tac_toe

thanks to Allah that muslims nowadays are very close to their religion and our mosques unlike the churches are full with moumnin. but for the case of France we feel sorry that muslims started creating conflits among them saying this is sufi. maliki and so on.
i know the subject is very sensitive but we must know ourselves from inside to reform what we can.
Most of emigrants here in France are originally from Algeria and Marroc. for the first generation of them are analphabets . the generations comming after are different and the communication between the old and the young generation is very limitted.
so. now we notice a bad phenomenon of sectarism
may be the case in UK is different.

France & UK is similar in the sense that older generation of Mosques with large immigrant population in neighbourhood have these problems, then you have hardcore Madkhalee/Salafee Mosques who have problems but overall and majority of French/British Mosques are similar in sectarianism.

Some specific Mosques in areas of London like Brixton or Birmingham have Sufi/Salafi problems just like certain arrondissements municipaux in Paris have basement Mosques with Sufi/Salafi problems