Is this considered stealing?

Waseem203

Young Muslim
:salam2:

Brothers/sisters, I am getting very worried about my father's health. He is a VERY heavy smoker and I have been trying to get him to cut down for almost a year now. He never listens to me and simply says "I will" and has not made a single effort. My only motive right now is to secretly take his ciggirates from him and dispose of them where he wont notice. I'm not concerned on whether or not he wastes money. Maybe he'll notice hes spending too much and will cut down? Anyways, would I be committing theft if I were to do this?
Thanks,:wasalam:

Zahra08

you re dad would be mad if you did that because ciggaretes is very addicted my dad is a smoker as well.

Optimist

قل هو الله أحد
I don't think this counts as stealing, although you have to question whether it might be counter productive. My dad is a smoker and despite a previous heart attack he does not look like quiting.

Would your dad smoke less if you took the cigarettes away or would he simply just open another packet ?

Gentle advice might be all you can do. It may not work but IMHO there is not much else you can do.

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Ugh, I honestly have no idea why tobacco isn't made illegal yet. They can ban marujiauna but tobacca, a clearly more harmful substance still remains on the shelves. Unbeleivable.